Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The truth about standards - rational male

Tdawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read the truth about standards on the rational male and it got me thinking, not necessarily about that but in general and my most recent experience.

I've been married for about 15 years and we have three young kids so I hardly go out with the guys anymore, maybe like twice a year. So I go to the bars last weekend and the girls are very aggressive (one was with her boyfriend and asked me to go out back with her....wtf?). I could have gotten laid six ways from Sunday If I wanted (or had a place to go). Come to think of it, even when I was younger, very rarely did I not get lucky when I went out.

Long story short, I come back (wife's pissed I stayed out too late) and start wondering about this whole marriage thing. I'm wondering if I missed out (I still had a lot of sex with many different women before marriage) and should have never gotten married. I mean I get laid now whenever I want and sometimes when I don't, but with only one person.

So my question is do you think married men with low SMV are happier with the way their life turned out than married men with a higher SMV? Perhaps married men with a low SMV are just happy to have cornered what they have so they feel better about the situation. This also applies to guys who have long term girlfriends.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its a bit of abundance vs scarcity.

When you are low smv, scarcity and not working to improvef ,.marriage might be your best choice for regular sex.

However with above avrage smv and abundance mindset you can do w/e you want.
Imo ltr/marriage would not be bad if you want kids. Otherwise im not sure.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read the truth about standards on the rational male and it got me thinking, not necessarily about that but in general and my most recent experience.

I've been married for about 15 years and we have three young kids so I hardly go out with the guys anymore, maybe like twice a year. So I go to the bars last weekend and the girls are very aggressive (one was with her boyfriend and asked me to go out back with her....wtf?). I could have gotten laid six ways from Sunday If I wanted (or had a place to go). Come to think of it, even when I was younger, very rarely did I not get lucky when I went out.

Long story short, I come back (wife's pissed I stayed out too late) and start wondering about this whole marriage thing. I'm wondering if I missed out (I still had a lot of sex with many different women before marriage) and should have never gotten married. I mean I get laid now whenever I want and sometimes when I don't, but with only one person.

So my question is do you think married men with low SMV are happier with the way their life turned out than married men with a higher SMV? Perhaps married men with a low SMV are just happy to have cornered what they have so they feel better about the situation. This also applies to guys who have long term girlfriends.
Many of my neighbors are low SMV males that are not happy in their marriages. They are very beta in their lives and tolerate a lot they should not. They see my life and the girls that come and go out of my life and wish it was them.

thinker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that people generally are at least a little envious of what they don't have, the grass is greener on the other side kinda deal. This is especially true in the age of social media where you have all these seven layer losers that make it seem as if they are living the rock star life when they are in their mid 30s and still live at home with their parents. As to your question I think the difference is contentment, if the low SMV man is being treated well by his wife and he knows this is the best he can get he is probably happy, the problem is most of those guys are not being treated well by their wives. On the flip side if the high SMV guy got it out of his system before marriage and his wife treats him well he is probably happy, however if he still pines for the hunt he is not going to be happy.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you have beautiful submissive wife then I wouldn't scarify her for some slvt at the bar. Have you checked if she have cuckqueen fantasies ? maybe she love to see you with other women ? or maybe consider open relationship if she is attractive too most likely she will welcome it.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I go to the bars last weekend and the girls are very aggressive (one was with her boyfriend and asked me to go out back with her....wtf?). I could have gotten laid six ways from Sunday If I wanted (or had a place to go). Come to think of it, even when I was younger, very rarely did I not get lucky when I went out.
This happens a lot to taken guys. I think part of it is perception. I'm not saying you couldn't get laid - of course you could. If you're high value you'll do fine. But I've been married and I felt like every girl was hitting on me or flirting with me. Plus, some girls might put themselves out there more if they see a ring on the finger because 1) you've got a safe excuse for rejection and 2) it probably wasn't going to happen, in her mind. That doesn't mean she wasn't into you. It just means she got bold because she knew she'd have a soft landing.

So my question is do you think married men with low SMV are happier with the way their life turned out than married men with a higher SMV?
To some extent I think all married men will see other women and think "I could get that." But a lower SMV man, yeah maybe he's happy he doesn't have to do what he considers work to land a chick. Whereas a higher value man knows how easy it could be.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on both sides and going out and banging a different chick every weekend is fun for a while but it does get old and you start to look for something more. This may well be a case of the grass always being greener for you. If you're married to someone that treats you well then you're the lucky one, not the guy banging a random chick behind the club.

Tdawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not complaining, just wondering.
Many of my neighbors are low SMV males that are not happy in their marriages. They are very beta in their lives and tolerate a lot they should not. They see my life and the girls that come and go out of my life and wish it was them.
you know what, that makes a lot of sense. Now that I think about it, most of my married "beta" friends do complain a lot about not getting sex. Awhile back, I was doing a line with my other married friend and I made a comment of "Man, i love ****ing on this stuff, it's the best, tonite's gonna be a good night for us", and he replied "maybe for you, my wife won't let me touch her". I was was taken back by that comment but didn't say anything and just moved on. My other married neighbor used to complain all the time about sexless marriage until he had enough and divorced.

Tdawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on both sides and going out and banging a different chick every weekend is fun for a while but it does get old and you start to look for something more. This may well be a case of the grass always being greener for you. If you're married to someone that treats you well then you're the lucky one, not the guy banging a random chick behind the club.
yeah, but I had a baby when I was a teenager and that relationship lasted til 26, and then by 28 I found my current wife so really two good years I had.

Tdawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
This happens a lot to taken guys. I think part of it is perception. I'm not saying you couldn't get laid - of course you could. If you're high value you'll do fine. But I've been married and I felt like every girl was hitting on me or flirting with me. Plus, some girls might put themselves out there more if they see a ring on the finger because 1) you've got a safe excuse for rejection and 2) it probably wasn't going to happen, in her mind. That doesn't mean she wasn't into you. It just means she got bold because she knew she'd have a soft landing.

To some extent I think all married men will see other women and think "I could get that." But a lower SMV man, yeah maybe he's happy he doesn't have to do what he considers work to land a chick. Whereas a higher value man knows how easy it could be.
I know a lot of married men do say they get hit on more because of the ring, but I never felt that. I think I get hit on less. Woman my age are looking for a relationship so if they see a ring, they move on. I could be wrong tho

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
I'm not complaining, just wondering.

you know what, that makes a lot of sense. Now that I think about it, most of my married "beta" friends do complain a lot about not getting sex. Awhile back, I was doing a line with my other married friend and I made a comment of "Man, i love ****ing on this stuff, it's the best, tonite's gonna be a good night for us", and he replied "maybe for you, my wife won't let me touch her". I was was taken back by that comment but didn't say anything and just moved on. My other married neighbor used to complain all the time about sexless marriage until he had enough and divorced.
Yo I don't understand that, "my wife won't let me touch her." I would be out of that ****ing relationship so fast. But I guess you're ****ed if you're married.