Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Traps of Life

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to bump again, but what the hell

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a good post :) even though I haven't read all those traps yet.

I especially like the one about "losing love".

Foreigner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Magnificent!...

VIVAlasVEGASBaby,

This was one the greatest posts I've read here. Very deep, philosophic and open minded, highly motivating, and an excellent food for thought.

Thanks a lot!

~Foreigner.

P.S.: For anybody who didn't read it all yet - HIGHLY recommended! Ten thumbs up! :)

extravaganza

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. Lets be honest. You stole this tip from somewhere didn't you
VIVAlasVEGASBaby?
I know because I just know I read the exact same text somewhere else before so there's no use lying.

I admit I don't know where I read it but I swear I read this text somewhere else. good bye VIVAlasVEGASBaby

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. Lets be honest. You stole this tip from somewhere didn't you
get a life man. I wrote this ****ing post, i spent two goddam hours writing it on a saturday, some ideas were influenced from others on this site, but no copying word for word was done; in fact even any ideas that were "stolen" were soley from my memory as i was writing this. Thank you to all of you on this site who influenced a very small portion of my ideas on this post.

lol im amazed my posts are still floating around this forum, i've been gone for like 3 months.

[edit] oh and by the way if you could find the text "you read somewhere" that is exactly like mine please post it here, im curious to see how identical they really are.

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i got some, prolly what ur thinking of

anyways thanks a lot photo1 for the inspiration;

Too often we get into routines. The routines are in some way a comfort zone. Change can scare anyone, so to go and do something totally different is scary, but should it be? No!

Dont you see how we have an unlimited number of chances each day to really live this life, and we never do! We sit at home or we sit behind our desks or we watch tv or read some dumb novel (not saying reading is a bad thing ;-)) or sit on the internet or spend out time travelling in cars or buses, held up in traffic jams.

Most of it is pointless. We are all doing this sh1t cos we are told its what is right, what is expected, but i think its time we stopped living by these imaginary rules. In 100 years we'll ALL by dead, our time in the limelight will have gone, over, finito.

chocolate_rice

Don Juan
Reaction score
AMAZING

*APPLAUDS*. Man, this is one of the best posts i've read here. I'm a newbie so this stuff really helps. I've already fallen into many "traps of life". Now that I'am aware of it, I'll try to crawl outta them and set my life straight again.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great stuff

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW! I don't care if there's only 5 stars in the rating system. I'll give you six!
Wonderful post.:cool:

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Due to the chance of this being deleted due to time, Matrix has requested me to bump this for it to stay in the High School bible. Thank you.

nibun

Don Juan
Reaction score
bump!!!!

There needs to be subfolder dedicated to 4-5 star posts like this.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by nibun
bump!!!!

There needs to be subfolder dedicated to 4-5 star posts like this.
maybe a newer version of the Archives is what you're talking about.

Dj Tiesto

Don Juan
Reaction score
AMAZING STUFF!!!

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post.

And your only 15? You have a philosophical mind like I do ;) I'll message you on AIM sometime.

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't care how old he is. This is quality. Also, I've come to the same types of realizations for most of his points but I don't agree entirely with one or two of them.

I particularly disagree with his 'stop searching for purpose' trap.

Finding a purpose or shall I say, determining your purpose in life is one of the most motivating things you can do.

You don't 'find' a purpose...you determine your purpose and then live it. You may change your purpose many times, but that's ok--just use it to drive yourself forward in your life.

But overall, this is an awesome post and I have printed it out and will add it to my 'success journal' because I believe it is a practical summary of the things we all need to be mindful of. Heck, just reading that post made me realize how often I fall into those traps.

Now with this print-out I can better keep track of my 'patterns' and determine if I'm falling into any of those traps, so I can change course and move into a more postive direction :)

GREAT POST VIVAlasVEGASBaby :D

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with 'The Trap of Superiority.' I could go on for hours here, but i'll try to make it relatively brief. This isn't a curse, but a blessing. And a highly rare one at that. Don't mistake it for arrogance, which is what you described. Believing you're the best at what you do creates a self-fulfilling prophecy that makes you the best even if you weren't before. And i mean truly believing, not just pretending to believe. Very few here will understand this, as very few people believe in themselves in this way. But every truly successfull person will develop this belief before they achieve that success. This self-fulfilling prophecy i mentioned is the polar opposite of depression. Just like depression causes you to not want to be happy, which in turn makes you even more depressed, belief in your own superiority gives you strength to do things you would have never dared to do if you didn't believe in yourself, which in turn makes you even more superior among the crowds, which gives you even more power to go after THE most desired things. It's like a giant snowball, and the further it rolls, the harder it is to stop it. When we go out there in search of great things, the things everyone wants, we're met with a lot of competition. And if we don't believe, truly believe that we're superior and have the power to beat all of them to the prize, the competition will destroy us, stomp on our snowball. I think Napoleon Hill summed it up best by saying that success is beyond most people, as it simply isn't part of their own self-image, and their belief of what they can achieve. Your post is an excellent example of how information can bring power, but also of how easily power can destroy if misused. Something like this, if misunderstood and assimilated into a person's personality, can cause some very serious damage to a person's career, social life, and so forth. The people who believe they're the best at the one thing their energy if focused on get all the girls, all the jobs, all the best things in life. The people who just see themselves as ordinary feed on the leftovers. This is the way it's been and the way it always will be.