Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Transition: Highschool to College

nestea16

Don Juan
Reaction score
Me, like many others will be making the transition from immature highschool to college, the best years of our lives. I would just like some advice from the guys who have made this jump and have had success with it thanks.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well first of all dont expect everyone in college to be mature. Your first goal should be getting educated and not laid, a huge mistake some people make. They think they are there to party and basically blow it and wind up working Data Entry somewhere.

Secondly be open minded to meeting new people and have fun.

Sniper2k

Don Juan
Reaction score
College...WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Hey. I'm REALLY looking forward to college too! I have been shy ALL four years of high school and that pisses me off because my TRUE personality is wild, extremely friendly, and fun-loving. Of what I see and hear, college is a dream come true. Sure there's hard work involved, but the experience is one that no one forgets.

I'm hoping I can get into Northeastern U, I already got accepted to Framingham State College, UMass-Amherst, and Suffolk U. Even if college ends up to be slightly too familiar to high school I KNOW for a fact I will not allow myself to be timid lest I want to experience the f*cked up highschool life I had. I see college as a way to start over again, to be the person I really wanted to be. Its gonna be really tough for me cause I'm so used to being reserved, but I'm doing what I can to break out of my shell and be my true crazy self.

My questions are:

1) What are some effective ways to succeed with the ladies in college?

2) If you're timid like me, how do you befriend with the guys easier?

3) What are the common mistakes college freshman do in the social scene that mess up their chance for success with the ladies?

4) How is collegelife different than highschool (the social scene specifically) ?

5) Any other pearls of wisdom you'd like to share? etc

I CAN'T WAIT! BEER AND B1TCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...and an education

Good luck to you all that are going to college!

Hey guys in/out of college, keep posting because this is something that alot of us are thinking about.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer to all your questions: GO TO PARTIES. As often as you possibly can without falling behind on your classes. This is how you meet girls, how you meet guys, how you get a reputation, how you get your name out there. If your school has a Greek system, I would strongly recommend looking into rushing a fraternity. This accomplishes social proof, you get to know lots of similar-minded guys (wingmen) and you will meet TONS of girls (via all the parties you will be going to). If anyone wants to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

Beyond that, just be as socialable as possible. Meet as many people as you can your first week, because girls will not be the least bit cautious of a guy introducing himself. Colleges have way more clubs than high school, so there is a good chance you can find something you like. Just get involved, go out and do stuff, don't sit in your dorm all day. College is a perfect opportunity to become the new person you always wanted to be.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is the college friday and saturday nights more fun than the high school friday and saturday nights? Because I have a lot of fun at high school parties and I'd MUCH rather take roadies with friends than being in a bar.

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
most likely you'll score with drunk chicks. just dont get too drunk or you'll end up not being able to preform.

i assume all you want is sex, so just go to parties and flirt with drunk girls, and ask if they want to come home with you and when they do start kissing and they'll want to have sex. No doubt. But yeah, the drunker, the better. haha. and i know from being one of those drunk girls! same with my friends.

just, always use protection.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depending on what program you go into, you might end up having to work yourself stupid at times.

I'm doing Chemistry, got basically a full-ride scholarship, but the sheer volume of work pretty much limits the social opportunities to about 1 or 2 nights a week.

If you're looking to be wild, get into residence your first year. I'm in my first year and I'm not in residence, I live in a house with some other students. Residence isn't my thing.

Residence also offers, from what I've heard, VERY little privacy. But it depends - most places offer 'apartment-style' residence now, which is basically like an apartment shared by 2 or 4 people or whatever, and that's pretty solid stuff.

But back to what I was saying...be prepared to do schoolwork, especially if you need to keep up your average to keep your scholarship. I've found basically the work isn't any more difficult than stuff from high school, but it's just a LOT more - very time-consuming stuff. Especially when the tests come all at once - having to write 5 tests in 2 days is NEVER a good thing.

But whatever you do, don't live at home. Living away from home is the best thing that's ever happened to me - you'll mature 8 years in 8 months.

By all means, party hard - but keep some sort of a lid on it, because 1st year is the hardest, teachers design their tests and courses to flunk you. Basically they want to weed out the bad from the good, so at least pass first year :).

Socially, I've got good news - everyone is a lot more mature. You'll be dealing with adults basically, not teens. Everyone gets more mature, and this is VERY good if you ever got tired of the constant ridiculous teen drama that everyone loves to engage in.

And yeah, you'll probably be able to get some sex. My buddies in residence can pull girls like champs, and they have very little skills. Basically, there's going to be a lot of girls looking to get a little wild.

Oh yeah, and for some reason, it seems like there's a lot more ugly people in university. No joke, for some reason it just seems like a lot of people have gotten downright abused with the ugly stick.:)

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm headin to somewhere along the lines of Georgia Tech, University of Florida at least...I hope engineers know how to party:rolleyes:

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Need-2-B-Pimpin
I'm headin to somewhere along the lines of Georgia Tech, University of Florida at least...I hope engineers know how to party:rolleyes:
Ouch. Engineers are generally made fun of all the time, but when you get a lot of them together, things go crazy. I don't know if it's because of how serious and hard their courses are, but engineers here can drink almost anyone under the table.

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a freshman, and i'm in GE courses with sophomores, juniors and seniors so thats a little untrue that professors design their classes to flunk you, as a freshman, to "weed out the bad". No professor i have encountered has done that so far.

the only way you'll flunk is if you dont go to class,. happened to my roommate last semister.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just find the right crowd of people and you'll be able to have a great time. I'm a computer science major, which has a reputation everywhere as being the most socially awkward group of people you can find....yet I go out 4 or 5 nights a week.

Master Homer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone here going to University of Central Florida?

TJCain

Reaction score
UCF

I am attending UCF in the fall man. Shoot me an e-mail at TylerJCain@hotmail.com and maybe we could get together some time this fall. I had a chance of going to UF but there is nothing to do there, no city whatsoever. I have to have some type of culture in the environment that I live in, plus I am a city boy at heart. UCF is listed on Play Boy's 2nd hottest girls list, behind Arizona State. It's going to be great, can't wait to go.

TJ Cain

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a freshman at University of Illinois. I think the biggest advice I can give is don't get a girlfriend your first year of college. Things are so different here than they were in high school. There's so much to experience, don't cheat yourself.

I have a friend who's so ***** whipped it's ridiculous. And I know a few other guys that are getting there. While me and my single buddies are out at bars and parties meeting hot new girls, these guys are either at there on a leash, missing out on fun, or sitting at home waiting for their girlfriend to finish having fun.

Oh, and go to class. This advice won't help you. You still won't go to class for some period of time during your first semester. I guarantee it. But you've gotta go to class. I learn way more in class than I do studying on my own. Just cause you don't have to go to class, doesn't mean that you shouldn't.

And definately rush a few fraternities. Don't pull that "it's not for me, it's fake, I don't buy friends" line of bull**** that people come out with all the time. It's just social networking, and if you find a group of guys that you like, the only excuse for not joining is that you don't have the money. Frats control the college social life and just because you're in one doesn't mean you're a deusche bag or a tool or anything like that.

And take advantage of meeting people the first month that you're there. People will never be as friendly as when you first get down there. Just be sociable. Nobody knows anyone yet. Take advantage.

Good luck,
--Mike

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well consider yourself lucky, I worked my ass off all through high school and I can't go. Not enough money to pay outta pocket, and can't get any type of aid, because they might nail my dad for tax evasion and or lying on his W-2 forms. Man life is good. Oh well its off to Iraq with me, see ya when my hitch is up.

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On_the_top, good for you! about the whole going to Iraq thing. I seriously respect guys that join the military after HS and want to serve their country (who cant go to college right away) because they're choosing to do something with their lives instead of living at home and getting stoned or drunk or just working.

Good luck over there man.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whooa whoaa, let me fix this, before it snowballs,
1 I was venting

2 I don't think they are gonna send me, cause Iam going in on delayed entry. Who knows I might get to say back in the states after basic and take some college courses.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bridge building parties!

Reaction score
The difference between high school fridays and saturday night parties and college ones, is that the f*ckers pass out and around 1 a.m. the party starts getting dead, while in an adult party or kegger, the f*ckers are up longer, and drinking more, and basically a better time..I'm in high school, and just last night ironically I went to two college parties and they are definately a lot cooler than high school parties, and everyone seems to be a lot cooler and laid back, and I actually fit in perfectly...and I look 18 or 19 although I'm a tad bit younger..its even easier when it comes to chatting up the college girls...and some fine booties, some chick wanted me to go look at her new "furniture", but I couldn't ditch my other buddies because we were going to another party,....

yeah, if you **** up in high school oh well, just get the grades and go to college work hard, and **** will actually pay off for you..

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it a lot easier to get ass in college than high school?