Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The traditional role of men

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick question: To the guys who want women to fulfill traditional roles, would you be willing to fulfill a traditional role as a man?

(ie. Raise a family, put food on the table, signing up to fight in wars, having strong moral principles and patriotism)

My parents are super-traditionalists. They believe pre-martial dating is a sin, wanted me to get a respectable profession (doctor or lawyer), and expected me to marry a woman of the same social class at the age of 30.

I've managed to disappoint them on all accounts, and I'm thinking to myself, does anyone guy in here actually want tradition?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a friend who is in the same predicament as you, you are Asian right? So its obvious where your parents are coming from, its the culture.

I want a woman who takes care of me like a woman should (traditional). I am prepared to put food on the table, no doubt, but I also want a woman with her own goals and ambitions. I will provide when she is pregnant and looking after the kids, but for now, and after the kids are in school, I wouldnt want a housewife.

Thats just my opinion.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
What is "traditional"? Barbeques and ballgames? The entire paradigm of manhood has changed. What the babyboomers believe and followed is a 180 to what is part of our collective consiousness.

Normalcy,like sobriety, fvcking sucks.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess traditional would be pre-1950s? Husband works fulltime, wife stays at home to be a housewife, children live with parents until they get married etc.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tradition is on my list of most seldom used words. Just had to say that...

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boy, I yearn for an "old fashioned" woman in the biggest way. I mean the whole 9: hair, dress, stay at home, can cook/sew/laundry, morals/values...

*sigh*

I'm a huge fan of heritage and tradition. In fact, I start traditions just for the glory of ritual. Straight-edge razors, shoe polish, spats, pinstripes, gin: old school stuff, or "retro", is really my bag. I've even been goofing around with heraldry and designing coats of arms. Did you know, based on my heritage and current status you all should refer to me as: "His Lord, the right honorable, Vulpine"? or "Baron Von Vulpine"? I'd let you get away with "The right honorable, Lord Vulpine" though. :rockon:

Take a puff on this:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117605

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would in a damn heartbeat. I'm able to fulfil my role as a provider and so forth, but women now days don't accept their role for the most bart. They want to either:

• Watch TV all day while I pay everything and bring home takeout every evening, or
  • They want t compete with me.

The first is just stupid, if I needed a leach I'd swim in a stangant pool. I'm not the lotto. The second - I don't need either, but at least it can be fair, and she's gonna lose the competition.

Asians (raised in Asia) or Eastern Euro babes are looking better every day.

hopeful loner

Don Juan
Reaction score
But think about this though: For millions of years, human groups and societies were based around tradition and the explicit definition of sexual roles. Tribal communities--through tradition and cultral practicies--had a sort of connection with their past ancestors that we can't even imagine. Part of me unfortunately things that the hunger for tradition and explicitly defined roles is written into us--it's almost animalistic hunger. Now I'm not saying that since something is "natural" it is also good, and I would not fundementally mind an equal relationship with a woman where power and responsibilities are shared 50% for the most part. In fact, I don't think most men would mind such a situation if they and their wives could be happy in it--but perhaps nature is always the limiting factor when it comes to these sort of things. Maybe we would all be better off if we had more tradition in our lives...

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever confronted with the complexities of modern life, I always ask myself, "What would great-great-grandpa-RedPill who's been dead for 100 years think about this?" His answer always cuts through the bullsh1t.

Week-old food in the fridge - Is this safe to eat?

gggRP: Does it smell alright? Then hell yeah it's alright to eat! Don't be such a puzzy.

Stupid girls keep trying to control the frame with text messaging.

gggRP: Son, broads are nothing but trouble, so leave them to their silliness. Go build something great that everyone can enjoy. You'll be dead soon.

And so on and so forth.

My point here is that it's not traditions that are lacking today, that our ancestors had, it's understanding how life works. People were much more in tune with life when there wasn't so much diversion, distraction, and propaganda to shape the mind. There also wasn't such a generous safety net as there is today to catch the weak from going extinct.

You want to borrow some traditions from our lineage? Try these on for size:

Integrity - Back in the day, if you were a shady character who could not build trust with people, you were fukked.

Discipline - No focus + no work ethic = no survive

Balls - In order to adapt and evolve, it means having the stones to confront your weaknesses head on and fix them. It takes balls to cut through all of life's BS and get the job done, regardless of what it is you're trying to accomplish. Balls were a necessity back when.