Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The ten year rule

Reaction score
I am starting to become convinced, most women, unless they have "daddy issues" or you atre loaded want NOTHING to do with a guy more than ten years older even if the guy IS good looking.

I know plenty of couples who have 7 to 10 year age difference but very very few over that

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunno. My father was 14 years older than my mother, and I kept my psycho cluster b1tch ex coming back to me though I am 12 years older.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
same my parents are 14 y.o, diference and they are still good together

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my 51 year old dad is having an affair with a 32 year old married woman lol so i don't know.

The Grue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 41 and I rarely date women LESS than 10 years younger...my experience is that if a man is in good condition, he usually looks quite a bit younger than women at the same age. My usual dating age is the 27-32 group but I commonly go younger or a bit older...
If you are facing difficulties with age differences(say the case of a woman 10 years younger), it is probably a sign that you are not confident and/or are not in good physical shape so may look older or not "virile" to women...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 12 years older than my gf. I know two other couples who have more than 10 years between them.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen that often because society generally frowns upon it. Many people say "what could you possibly have in common?" I think it's starting to happen more these days due to the sad state young men are in today. There are much fewer truly masculine men. I have a male friend who's 24 and quite masculine. He gets hotties coming his way all the time. I've had multiple women who are 10+ years younger take an interest in me. The more 'feminine' men and beta males I know are finding themselves frequently without women.

Reaction score
The Grue said:
I am 41 and I rarely date women LESS than 10 years younger...my experience is that if a man is in good condition, he usually looks quite a bit younger than women at the same age. My usual dating age is the 27-32 group but I commonly go younger or a bit older...
If you are facing difficulties with age differences(say the case of a woman 10 years younger), it is probably a sign that you are not confident and/or are not in good physical shape so may look older or not "virile" to women...

I am in pretty good shape, workout five days a week. I am six feet and 180 lbs.

I am 35, but could pass for as young as 28.

Last night girl at bar smiled at me. I went over there, it was very loud so it was hard to talk and convo was strained. She was 22 , I mentioned my age. Couple minutes later she said l ill be right back". She is gone ten minutes and returns with some clown with his hat on backwards who looked closer to her age

I should have rephrased my post that most women under 24 dont want anything to do with guy over ten years

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The majority of men settle down around their 30s or some even sooner than that. Either by accident (unwanted pregnancies) or by design (financially stable). As a consequence of that, most men marry (or mate with) a woman that's within the age bracket 16-30 y/o. That is, any fertile and legally available woman they can get. Hence, your observation of the 14 year gap phenomenon.

But there is no 10 year rule.

If men would collectively start settling down around their 40s, bigger age gaps (14+ yrs) would be more common. But in general, most men are too desperate to capitalize on their sexual market value and opt out before they peak.

Women simply choose the "shiniest" object. They want the best deal they can get their hands on. Don't get me wrong, though. Age is one of many factors that women consider. But it rarely affects their choice when considering men in the age bracket 18-50 y/o.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend claimed that there was a five year rule. So I started dating 18 and 19 year olds just to prove him wrong. So you opened yourself up to having people poke holes in your theory. Welcome to sosuave and according to the members here "challenge accepted!"

One girl that i know was 18 when she got married. He was 45 and a mountain man.

- comic_relief

Reaction score
comic_relief said:
My friend claimed that there was a five year rule. So I started dating 18 and 19 year olds just to prove him wrong. So you opened yourself up to having people poke holes in your theory. Welcome to sosuave and according to the members here "challenge accepted!"

One girl that i know was 18 when she got married. He was 45 and a mountain man.

- comic_relief
Well, I have an eighteen year old at work who thinks im good looking
But that doesnt mean "she is attracted" to me or wants to hang out.

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yellowstoneman2012 said:
I am in pretty good shape, workout five days a week. I am six feet and 180 lbs.

I am 35, but could pass for as young as 28.

Last night girl at bar smiled at me. I went over there, it was very loud so it was hard to talk and convo was strained. She was 22 , I mentioned my age. Couple minutes later she said l ill be right back". She is gone ten minutes and returns with some clown with his hat on backwards who looked closer to her age

I should have rephrased my post that most women under 24 dont want anything to do with guy over ten years
Don't ever deal with the age thing so early.
I learned a trick that I've used quite successfully...
If a younger woman asks me my age, I neg her back by saying "that's not a very attractive question so soon!".
I've been rewarded with a blush, an apology and increased interest.

I'm approaching 50, look 40 and can never never admit my age.

SH

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Amazing how they fall for that. The backwards hat is just naked male attention-seeking/toolbox behavior.

I remember an old post where some younger "yo" type guy posted a response that was in basically ghetto/younger speak with misspellings and all and the OP criticized him for it. Someone else responded "Hey, this is how guy's that get pu$$y talk". So true lol.

I hear you on thr backwards hat thing. My 34 year old friend wears his hat backwards all the time and he looks like a tool. After 25, you should only wear a hat the normal way.

I also know a forty year old who does it.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yellowstoneman2012 said:
Well, I have an eighteen year old at work who thinks im good looking
But that doesnt mean "she is attracted" to me or wants to hang out.
It also doesn't mean that she wouldn't be attracted to, or want to hang out with a man your age who IS attractive to her. The fact that she's not hanging out with you isn't a sign that she's not attracted to older guys. It's a sign that she's not attracted to you.

Evolutionally speaking...and even socially speaking, I see no reason why a younger woman wouldn't be attracted to an older man.

An older man can still produce children. An older man is more stable, more capable of taking care of things, more mature. From a logical standpoint and an emotional standpoint, it makes sense.

There are plenty of chicks with daddy issues out there, but I don't think dating an older man is an instant sign of "daddy issues."

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
An older man is more stable, more capable of taking care of things, more mature.
Right, although don't they tell you around here that "stable is boring"? I never quite bought that though.

Anyway, I agree there is no ten year rule, even if she is under 24.
My girlfriend is 15 years younger than I am, and a 22 year old recently had a crush on me. I had to turn her down since I was "taken", however.

OP, your age hangup is what they call a "self limiting belief". Just because one 24 year old rejects you, doesn't mean they all will. Besides, do you really want a girl who wants a guy who wears his hat backwards?

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think they say perfect is boring. If you have every single duck in a row, maybe she finds it hard to find an area where she has leverage...which only really leaves one area. The bedroom.

When I buy my house, I'm going to purposely hold off on furnishing it well so the plates will see an area they think they can help. Let em think they have some additional value to offer when they really don't, keep their hopes up.

Reaction score
Iceberg said:
It also doesn't mean that she wouldn't be attracted to, or want to hang out with a man your age who IS attractive to her. The fact that she's not hanging out with you isn't a sign that she's not attracted to older guys. It's a sign that she's not attracted to you.

Evolutionally speaking...and even socially speaking, I see no reason why a younger woman wouldn't be attracted to an older man.

An older man can still produce children. An older man is more stable, more capable of taking care of things, more mature. From a logical standpoint and an emotional standpoint, it makes sense.

There are plenty of chicks with daddy issues out there, but I don't think dating an older man is an instant sign of "daddy issues."

Well, I have NEVER asked her to hang out. She also has a boyfriend....which is the
Least of my worries.

I make a move on her then I am " an immature perverted creep in the eyes of my mostly
Female co workers. Is it really worth it?

I also work in a public place where her Mom and uncle come in from time to time
Can you imagine what her mother would think or say to me if I made the moves on her daughter.

I

I know the male is supposed to be the aggressor, as I initiate 90% of the hellos and the
Conversations with her.

However, I will NOT friend request her on face book or ask heto hang out as I stated
In the reasons above.

I believe this is a fine example of having to let the girl be the aggressor in this one.Rt