The taming of the shrew

lord_mike

Don Juan
Reaction score
...or, how I became a man in one easy step. This girl I've been sort of seeing is the ultimate ballbuster. She's been known to make lesser men cry. I've been going toe to toe with her, though. I've never done that before with a woman. Today was the final straw!

Her (what would be) final email to me:

To: michael
Subject: sorry
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:05:05 -0400 (EDT)

Michael,
Hi! Sorry I haven't called, lost your number and figured you'd call
me, but then today I realized I was supposed to call you and you're
probably waiting. So, sorry. Also, sorry again, I'm going to have to
cancel again on the weekend. I didn't realize this is the last weekend for
Cedar Point and I need to go on Sat. Fri I'm having a dinner party for
my cousin's birthday and Sunday I'm trick-or-treating with my nephew.
I'm not blowing you off, although, I won't lie, I'm afraid our
political views may cause a rift, not because I won't date someone who's voting for Kerry, but more because I won't date someone who won't drop it when I say I don't want to talk about it. Make sense? Think about it. If
I don't hear from you agian, then I'll know. I hope I'm giving you
enough notice that you can make other plans.
-Beth
Let's analyze, shall we?
Hi! Sorry I haven't called, lost your number and figured you'd call
me, but then today I realized I was supposed to call you and you're
probably waiting.
Either I'm too chicken to call and flake out on you AGAIN.... or I've already erased you from my mind.
So, sorry.
Yeah, right.....
Also, sorry again, I'm going to have to
cancel again on the weekend. I didn't realize this is the last weekend for
Cedar Point and I need to go on Sat.
Cedar Point is an amusement park, BTW. Don't you understand? She *HAD* to go this weekend!!! What, do you have a job there or something?
Fri I'm having a dinner party for
my cousin's birthday and Sunday I'm trick-or-treating with my nephew.
These are cool... we discussed this before...
I'm not blowing you off,
Yeah, right....
I won't lie, I'm afraid our
political views may cause a rift, not because I won't date someone who's voting for Kerry, but more because I won't date someone who won't drop it when I say I don't want to talk about it. Make sense? Think about it.
Bad Mikey!!!!! Bad Dog!!!!! Keep this up and I'll take you to the pound to get snipped!!!
If I don't hear from you agian, then I'll know.
Translation: I'm really not interested, but am open to groveling on your part.
I hope I'm giving you
enough notice that you can make other plans.
Translation: See how nice I am?

That's it! I really am tired of this crapola. Time to be a man.....

Beth,

I think we should call it a day. Seems like we aren't
clicking. Best of luck in your search.

Michael
I think her head is going to explode when she reads that....

I feel so good about myself! For the first time in my life, I passed on a hottie. I've never stood up for myself like that with a woman. I really think I've turned a corner. No going back!

Mike

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You did the best thing. Either way it looked like you would lose her, so at least you have left with your dignity in tact and have given her ego a little knock. Good one!

PocoDiablo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nicely done. She just seems to be seething with anger. Scary chick!

lord_mike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PocoDiablo
Nicely done. She just seems to be seething with anger. Scary chick!
Yeah, I know.. what's with that? At first I thought it was testing, but it got worse and worse as time went one. Maybe she really wanted me to be a submissive wuss like all the other AFC's she's been with. It's wierd. She seems to be very good to her family and friends, but just treats guys like total garbage--like she hates men or something. One thing is for sure, she's a complete princess. I've known plenty of biatches, and princesses, and this girl is the queen of spoiled brats. I feel really bad for the next AFC that gets caught in her web.

Thanks,

Mike

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically this chick *is* blowing you off. (You know how girls say "I'm not high maintenance" and they always turn out to be very high maintenance) , Also, if her political views are different from yours.. this will be a big problem, it's called "incompatibility." She is rejecting you, but think of this in positive way: She is saving you months of arguments and anger.

What girls say and what they do is TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS.

Oh dude, she's one of those "princesses" or "daddy's girl" types. SHE HAS to have things HER WAY or else. You can tell by how they NEVER LAUGH at your jokes or she attacks you back fast if you say something sarcastic or bad.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tips.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
K, so why is this a tip?

"Bad Mikey!!!!! Bad Dog!!!!! Keep this up and I'll take you to the pound to get snipped!!!'

Actually, no, that is pretty much your fault. If I go on a date and the chick tries to demonize me or my political views and won't shut up about why I should vote for Kerry, I'm walking out on her and letting her pay the whole tab.

Is there more we're not hearing about here or something?

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well done Mike!

Any chick who gets THAT bent out of shape about who you vote for is nutty.

lord_mike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Metal,

You don't know the whole story. I don't know how politics came up (we were on the phone setting up the next date), but she said...

"You aren't voting for Kerry are you, 'cos if you are, I will have a horrible opinion of you."

How's that for a nice one... then SHE went off for 10 minutes about what an "immoral" person I was... after which SHE didn't want to talk aoubt it anymore.... before I got a word in edgewise.

Well, I wasn't going to let someone tell me that I'm some sort of criminal 'cos I believe in sticking up for the little guy..... so she got a small dose of comeback. I emphasize small... made a few powerful statements and ended the discussion.

I wasn't going to let myself be walked all over. Like I said, I've been standing toe to toe with her.

As for having things "her way" all the time, she's in trouble, 'cos she's bored with all the AFC's that wuss up around her, but as soon as someone is a man around her, she throws them out, too. This girl is going to be one lonely spinster.

Thanks,

Mike

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Ive been guilty of this too man, so i am in no position to talk but ive learned from my mistakes....so heres the rant:

YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER TALKED TO HER ABOUT POLITICS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!

AND IF SHE BROUGHT IT UP THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE CHANGED THE SUBJECT!!!!!

this post wouldnt even be here if that never happened!!

End Of rant.

lord_mike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pugsley,

Bleieve me, I tried.... but it doesn't matter.. the political thing wsa just an excuse... she didn't like me stanidng up to her, and I was tired of battling with her all the time.

Thanks,

Mike

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
K, so why is this a tip?
Because it's one or possibly all of the following: "… a tip, technique, idea, or article that you've experienced or read about and feel would benefit your fellow Dons in understanding and being more successful with women."