Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The steps to becoming a successful DJ

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just reading the book Failing Forward by John Maxwell and I had an epiphany of sorts when I read it that made soo much sense in the DJ world I think it is the key many of you have been looking for.

There are 5 evolutions (steps, phases, stages whichever one fits) to becoming successful at anything before one reaches the DJ "Master" level. I will diagram these the best that I can.
DJ Master
-------------------
Successful DJ
----------------------------------
You are a fool
-------------------------------------------------
Look like a fool
-----------------------------------------------------------
Afriad of being a fool
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST LEVEL: Afraid of being a fool : You all know that stupid AFC fear of looking stupid.....I'll give you a clue too many guys in here are trying to be Undercover DJ's and not make your intentions when you talk to a girl obvious.

SECOND LEVEL: Looking like a fool: You actually suck it up and do it and look like a fool, yes it still bruises your ego each rejection you get but you still put your neck out in the line of fire.

THIRD LEVEL: You are a fool: At this stage you are a fool or act like one and frankly you could care less you do what you want and don't care what anyone else thinks.

FOURTH LEVEL: A Successful DJ: At this point your a successful DJ, you still get counsel from fellow DJ's and still get stumped from time to time, you aren't bullet-proof but you're d*mn good.

FIFTH LEVEL: DJ Master: Self Explanatory

Seeing this fellas was like a smack in the face for me......I have been DJing for a while now and after 1.5 years reading and studying and applying some, I realized that I have gone to the 2nd tier but I have came right back down to the first and in terms of success I was still nowhere and still a Newbie........

Some of you guys in here need to stop being Undercover DJ's. And you need to look at that diagram and see what level you are on right now, see what level is to come next and take the appropriate steps to get there and quit being stagnant.

You're either ripe and rotting or green and growing!!

I hope this was as much of a help or a wakeup call for you all as it was for me!!!

Pugs

Trance

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
99% of the successfull and master DJ's dont even know what this site is, or what a DJ is. They are just themselves, and have mastered the game by their experience, contact with women over the years, and being themselves.
They dont think about this stupid bull****, and are instead on the field having success.

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think i'm in the look like a fool or are a fool stage. 7 rejections in one week! Going for my 8th tonight.:D Ah well the more i drink the less it hurts.:(

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man who shoved a stick up your ass and twisted it......this is the Why behind the How.....you are talking about the How by going out and DJing...this is the Why you need to know before you even step foot out the door. Ever notice how the DJ bible is comprised of more Why's (mindset and attitude) than How's (technique) theres a reason behind that......and this may not make sense to you cause you have been around the block many more times than the New DJ....... and also Tell Otis to stop screwing your backside so hard and put a positive attitude in your brain and a smile on your face, cause what you just demonstrated was definately not positive.

Pugs

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Trance
99% of the successfull and master DJ's dont even know what this site is, or what a DJ is. They are just themselves, and have mastered the game by their experience, contact with women over the years, and being themselves.
They dont think about this stupid bull****, and are instead on the field having success.
THEN THEY'RE NOT CALLED DJ. YOU THINK WE DONT KNOW ALL THAT?