NaturallySelected
Don Juan
- Joined
- Feb 21, 2004
- Messages
- 131
- Reaction score
- 0
Hey there shy DJ's
I know this post will feel like an AA meeting but I'd just like to hear from the shy DJ's here (or ex-shy). Let's post about how shy we are\used to be and what we have done in the past to overcome this problem.
I had ONE friend through most of school, then in high school I had TWO good friends. I was painfully shy, I wouldn't talk to anyone. When I saw a girl I liked I would say "Hi" to her every morning and that's it
I used to get VERY nervouse during speeches. I used to sit in total silence in groups. It really sucked. I was a total nerd. Then I started university and things got better, I figured since no one knew me I would do what I want. So I spoke to lots of girls and guys, made friends with a whole bunch of people. It's amazing what I did, for a shy guy, going from knowing NO chicks to meeting plenty. I did regress a bit to my shy self last year but I am back on track this year.
I was terribly shy making phone calls. But I got a job this year that involves dealing with people on the phone. At first I was terrible, but now I am confident and no what I'm doing. Works wonders. Heck, I even asked this girl for her number on thursday because she sounded nice and she was leaving the company she works for. I knew if I hadn't got her number I would never hear from her again. So I went for it. Now I will call her later this week, I figure I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The cool thing is I know she's pretty because one of my colleagues met her at a christmas party last year.
I found battling shyness involves small steps, starting by doing little things that you are afraid of until they don't scare you and then moving on. Eye contact, speaking to strangers, etc. I made out with a chick that wasn't attractive. Why? It was my first kiss and I needed the practice
.
So any other shy DJ's here?
NaturallySelected
I know this post will feel like an AA meeting but I'd just like to hear from the shy DJ's here (or ex-shy). Let's post about how shy we are\used to be and what we have done in the past to overcome this problem.
I had ONE friend through most of school, then in high school I had TWO good friends. I was painfully shy, I wouldn't talk to anyone. When I saw a girl I liked I would say "Hi" to her every morning and that's it
I used to get VERY nervouse during speeches. I used to sit in total silence in groups. It really sucked. I was a total nerd. Then I started university and things got better, I figured since no one knew me I would do what I want. So I spoke to lots of girls and guys, made friends with a whole bunch of people. It's amazing what I did, for a shy guy, going from knowing NO chicks to meeting plenty. I did regress a bit to my shy self last year but I am back on track this year.
I was terribly shy making phone calls. But I got a job this year that involves dealing with people on the phone. At first I was terrible, but now I am confident and no what I'm doing. Works wonders. Heck, I even asked this girl for her number on thursday because she sounded nice and she was leaving the company she works for. I knew if I hadn't got her number I would never hear from her again. So I went for it. Now I will call her later this week, I figure I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The cool thing is I know she's pretty because one of my colleagues met her at a christmas party last year.
I found battling shyness involves small steps, starting by doing little things that you are afraid of until they don't scare you and then moving on. Eye contact, speaking to strangers, etc. I made out with a chick that wasn't attractive. Why? It was my first kiss and I needed the practice
So any other shy DJ's here?
NaturallySelected