Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Shape of things to come...

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear All,
Many years ago I remember reading in the Scientific American the work of an American Sociologist Jack Calhoun on his so called Mouse Utopia a big Mice home with unlimited Food and Water but restricted Space...It seems so much more appropriate as an analogy of the Social condition today...You can Google it by putting in "The Behavioral Sink" or try http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/42/wiles.php
With a Mouse Welfare state having unlimited Food and Water but restricted space...as in much of the Western world...The end result was a complete collapse and ultimate Death of the whole Society...The evolving social types as the Society was in its final Days were interesting...The females became aggressive stopped their sexual activity,and withdrew to the breeding rooms,they started to reject their young...The Males became either aggressive,sexual deviates or just withdrew to solitude..Some Mice became cannibals...Some of the deeper minds here might like to tell me this is not the way for Western Society,but it is certainly worth looking at!

ChrisFloyd

Banned
Reaction score
The difference is the "restricted space".

If you put a group of people into a closed building and do that experiment, then yeah, you will probably get that.

People usually underestimate the importance of natural environment to animals, even to human.

Although past great civilizations all collapsed after reaching ultimate height, most of them suffered because they ran out of resources, which in this case, were provided to the mouse infinitely (I suppose). Our current civilization have not suffered yet, simply because we have technology, but probably we will collapse someday, one way or another, which is just the way it is. Nothing lasts.

So cut the depressive tone, Old Man. You suppose to enjoy the final chapter of your life at the moment, not to worry about this cr@p.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, real easy for your ass to say, you are about to check out of this life in a few years. I'll spend my time trying to do what I can with the world I live in.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I agree with ChrisFloyd space is not an issue at least not here in my neck of the woods. But I do see that this could be a problem with humans anywhere with limited space to be able to get away from each other and make some protection around their familes and assets. If human society ever breaks down mark my word people in the big cities will go first. I live in a subdivision with about 20 houses that is out in the middle of nowhere. We got nice big yards and plenty of space to keep our distance from others when we want to. We also got more guns here then they do in the ghetto and we aren't afraid to take out anybody that messes with our families, our stuff ,or our neighbors and their families and stuff.

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think what Scaramouche is trying to say is that one example of restricted space is poor socioeconomic areas where people have small, subsidized housing, can't get a job, but have plenty of poor food and water, but no money to go anywhere unrestricted.

I'll give myself as another example, I have a big house, big yard, live in a nice, roomy neighborhood, live right next to a huge, historic national park. I have a good paying job. But often, I work so many hours, all I do is sit either in my office at work or sit in my home office, never going anywhere, just sitting for days and days, working. I count myself lucky if I can get to my basement, which has a kick ass home gym for a half and hour and workout to the Roku.

Also, speed_dog, Scaramouche has a lot of years left in him, I think. Who knows he could easily outlive any one of us. Plus he is one of the wisest posters on this forum, not quite as a elegant speaker as Play_Her_Man....um... I mean Burroughs, but Scaramouche, comes close. :)

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope that does not call for world depopulation.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
Yeah, real easy for your ass to say, you are about to check out of this life in a few years. I'll spend my time trying to do what I can with the world I live in.
Careful. If he keeps his health, eats well, with a good attitude, there is no reason he could not be active for another two decades.

Seventy is not young, but it is not all that old either.
Plenty of people dead decades earlier than Scaramouche either through bad luck, bad health, bad decisions, or due their own hand.

With my dying strength I will bite the lips of the jaws of death.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scara-

I'd have to agree with you. There are several parallelisms that can be made.

I don't feel it will necesarily be "restricted space" that is the ignition source as much as it will be lack of options/lack of roles one can fill. Its all in how you define "restricted space" I suppose.

No matter how sophisticated we considered ourselves to be, once the number of individuals capable of filling roles greatly exceeded the number of roles, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow

We are also seeing the decline of the middle class due to lack of jobs/roles to be filled. As stated by bmp2cpm, poor socioeconomic areas where people have small, subsidized housing, can't get a job, but have plenty of poor food and water, but no money to go anywhere unrestricted.
definitely has something to do with this.

Dritan

Reaction score
Already happening. That's why I'm investing everything I have in off grid, alternative housing and food production.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear All,
Some interesting responses...Yes it is happening look at China,it has institutionalised a one child policy for a long time...guaranteed to send their population into freefall...In the Western World the Caucasions are just no longer reproducing...Howie Western hits the nail on the head about a shortage of Social niches fuelling major problems,look at the Thirties...Another thought is that the results are from a Mouse Welfare System...No one has mentioned the hiving off of the older Men and Women,this is soo noticeable to me...The agressiveness of the Older Women in particular....Every time I return from the East the first thing I notice is the outright hostility of Older Women,their scowls and downturned lips...You NEVER encounter this in the East.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche,

I too have noticed the scowling, fearful faces on women.

I do a lot of walking. One of the places I walk is the mall. I sometimes play a game to see how many women will actually look at me and smile. They are few and far between. If they only knew how attractive a relaxed demeanor and an open smile are to a man...

-Augustus-

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Augustus_McCrae said:
Scaramouche,

I too have noticed the scowling, fearful faces on women.

I do a lot of walking. One of the places I walk is the mall. I sometimes play a game to see how many women will actually look at me and smile. They are few and far between. If they only knew how attractive a relaxed demeanor and an open smile are to a man...

-Augustus-
That'd be their war faces Steinem, Friedan and Sandberg told them to put on.

Let me see your war face....and your over sized cup of coffee!!

ARGGGHHHHHH!

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
careful, we all get older dude. He is one smart guy, didn't get there by just sitting in the rain. You should listen to him more and appreciate his input.