The "Shaming" thread

Unprez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
What woman would be hot for a man who she can manipulate through a shaming mechanism?

This is vital information, when used properly.
So how does one manipulate these comments? That would be very beneficial.. I guess you can just say well ur just jealous or just bitter cause ur old to woman who say that but I'd like to know of better replies to these nonsence woman throw at men

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Yeah well anyone who is called that should be ashamed.

And NO I do not mean it is ok for a woman to hit a man, when I say it is not ok for a man to hit a woman.
i wasn't referring to actual wife beaters, i was referring to women calling men that out of spite.
example: i cant date him because he seems like he might be a wife beater.
damage: anyone within earshot thinks she knows things to actually lead her to believe he might be a wife beater, when in reality she just didn't like the guy and needed a reason to say she wasn't interested.
happens alot actually.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to my ex, I am "close minded, insecure, and negative."

These were her responses when I was setting boundaries, including, not spending the night at a 'guy friends' house, going camping alone with a guy who was trying to steal her from me, and going to the hot springs all night with some guy she recently met. How dare I?

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a unique one this weekend. I was told I would be SUCH a good looking man if I had more confidence with women[as she's running her fingers throough my hair grooming me in the bar]. I told her it wasn't a lack of confidence-it was a lack of interest. She had to throw in that she's a"life coach" to validate her opinion. She didn't want to buy it,but I really wasn't too interested in her or her 3 40 something cougar friends in the bar. Well maybe 1 of them,but I don't know her well enough to tell yet[small town, I'll see them again.]But, when you put your hand on a womans waist and fat squeezes out between your fingers? 2 are definitely out. Thank God for clothes.

There is a different dynamic in a small town,you can't just tap them all and then find out if you like one. You can overfish a small pond easily. I'll need to fish carefully.BUT this week when I go to Atlanta?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple of new ones.....

Last weekend I went out with a friend who was in town and a bunch of her friends. One was a chick that I went out with a couple of times last year.

This girl is the type that doesn't really sugar coat things. So when she made a comment about "the problem with older men these days", and since I am in the demographic to which she was referring, I had to dig deeper and ask, "So what exactly MY "problem" was. I assured her that I would not be pissed and that I was genuinely interested in her analysis (already knew what she was going to say but it's always entertaining to hear it again).

So she throws out New Shaming Word #1- Ageism

Just when I thought I had heard it all! She asserts that men are guilty of discriminating against women based upon their age!

But here's the hilarious part. In the next breath she proceeds to tell me how SHE prefers OLDER MEN! Soooooooooooo.......men who prefer younger women are practicing "ageism", while women who prefer older men are what? Just being women???? Kind of like how you are a cheating bastard for simply talking to another woman, while her having late night drinks with a male coworker is "nothing".

But wait, there's MORE!

My other "problem" is "Peter Pan Syndrome".

Yep, that's right. I refuse to grow up. I am "one of those guys" who eschews normal, healthy, adult responsibility for a life of self indulgence. It seems that it is actually my "duty" to one day settle down and have children.

Guys like me are such a threat to women like this. This chick is early 30's, makes a lot of money, looks good, and works out religiously. Yet she gets passed up for the newer models. Go figure!

Women can't STAND it when men refuse to fall for their ruse. By not falling into the trap this means that their plan (party it up in their 20's then snag a man as their value begins to slide) has backfired. I take great pride in not allowing women to have their cake and eat it too :moon:

This weekend I also hear the infamous "mid-life crisis car" shaming line (although not directed at me), haha.

If it weren't for the fact that these women did this to themselves I might feel a bit sorry for them. After all, it must SUCK to realize that your ability to attract the kind of man you want is deteriorating by the day, while you watch men in their 30's and 40's living it up with the new found abundance of options.

Poor things.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to know of better replies to these nonsence woman throw at men
Use any of these when anyone tries to tell you how to live according to their world:

"Is that a fact?"

"Really?"

"Is that so?"

So she throws out New Shaming Word #1- Ageism...

My other "problem" is "Peter Pan Syndrome"...
And why do you hang with these people? The last woman who was verbally critical of me in not conforming to her paradigm I dropped from my orbit in 2005 after she failed to heed my warning. The only other woman who still questions everything I do is my mom, but I'm letting her slide ;) (and I use the "Is that so?" on her all the time).

Ah, women. They love pushing your buttons, don't they?

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My favorite are women who act like just because you stand up for yourself or refuse to take that feminist crap, that you have been hurt or scarred by women. When you speak up and refute their PC nonsense with logic and reason they say, "you are so bitter, why are you so angry?"

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love this thread. Such good points of view.

I get a lot of crap from time to time because I like messing around with the college girls. Oh well, sorry ladies that your 30 something body has gone to hell and your bitter attitude isn't my cup of tea.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's one thing to have women using shaming tactics. It's a lot worse when you have guys employing the same BS to shame other guys. You can even see it here on this very forum. Such is a society where so many males have turned into pets for females.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My other "problem" is "Peter Pan Syndrome".
You could also call this the Apatow Effect. Thanks to a slew of funny but ultimately female-pandering films, single men in their 30s are now stereotyped as video-game-playing, cereal-outta-the-box-eating, farting, infantile stoners. Only when a female comes into their lives can they "man up" and find the stones to be mature.

I suppose on the plus side these guys are totally against type; at least they're bagging hot chicks instead of the Brad Pitts of the world.

I was just over on Loveshack - I know, I love lost causes - and those boards are OVERRUN with single lonely women in their 30s complaining about how inappropriate it is for a man their age to be dating a younger girl, or, for that matter, not married.

Never mind that when I was 23 women my age considered me "immature" and opted for guys in their 30s. Now I'm immature for being on the flip side of that. Well, fine, call me what you like; I prefer "young at heart." haha.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
You could also call this the Apatow Effect. Thanks to a slew of funny but ultimately female-pandering films, single men in their 30s are now stereotyped as video-game-playing, cereal-outta-the-box-eating, farting, infantile stoners. Only when a female comes into their lives can they "man up" and find the stones to be mature.

I suppose on the plus side these guys are totally against type; at least they're bagging hot chicks instead of the Brad Pitts of the world.

I was just over on Loveshack - I know, I love lost causes - and those boards are OVERRUN with single lonely women in their 30s complaining about how inappropriate it is for a man their age to be dating a younger girl, or, for that matter, not married.

Never mind that when I was 23 women my age considered me "immature" and opted for guys in their 30s. Now I'm immature for being on the flip side of that. Well, fine, call me what you like; I prefer "young at heart." haha.
Link to the loveshack thread?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.loveshack.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Look at any of these, there are plenty of posts from angry women trying to shame guys for any number of reasons.

I've found in general it's pointless to argue with them; I spend most of my time on LS trying to save a lot of poor saps from oneitis and the like. Even then, you have to fight off a lot of wussbags and women who give terrible advice.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off - I props to all you guys who can resist shaming - you are the rare few

So I was talking to my friend Anna, who is my age - 26

And she was like: 'So how come you don't have a gf right now?'

I told her I wanted to focus on career.

Then she was pouting: 'Oh I get it, you are going to get rich by your mid 30s, and then seriously date some 17 year old girl!'

I'm like: 'Yeah, that's the plan.'

Her: 'I HATE YOU!'

I just laughed

And then she started to get said: 'But but...then where does that leave girls like me who are 26?'

I told her: 'Be smart, stop playing guys, find a good guy and get married quickly!'

puma183

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
It's one thing to have women using shaming tactics. It's a lot worse when you have guys employing the same BS to shame other guys. You can even see it here on this very forum. Such is a society where so many males have turned into pets for females.
Shaming Tactics can also be used in high-stakes public policy settings. Read this short piece by an established female columnist writing for the Washington Times. She employs the tactic liberally to make her case.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/18/men-are-womens-issue/

Note how the White House Council on Girls & Women is there to expand the horizons of women, yet the one being proposed for Boys & Men is there to make sure men can serve women better. (i.e. heads I win, tails you lose).

An earlier poster asked how a thread on Shaming is relevant on a DJ Board which is about male self-improvement. The answer is you will find being a DJ harder and harder against the backdrop of a rising police state against men.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I do find alarming is Obama's intent in establishing the council on women and girls, according to the author: "He says the council's job will be to ensure that the feminist agenda saturates public policy on all levels". I also think the author is somewhat misguided in thinking that men and boys ought to have addressed to them "the crisis in American manhood that results in the scourge of infidelity, divorce, lack of commitment and fatherhood with multiple partners" when these issues are also due to women, and it ought to be addressed to them, since they initiate divorces, have babies with multiple partners, and as a group have experienced a rise in infidelity rates.

>> http://www.loveshack.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5 >>

What a waste of time and effort. The guy has been seeing the girl too much, too often, wining and dining her and she's obviously lost interest. That's what "Let's take it slow" means. Yet not ONE poster on that thread gets it. They tell the poor guy that the girl may be feeling guilty, has gotten cold feet, maybe has another guy on the side, anything and everything BUT "you're doing too much, too soon, too fast, and you got too predictable and boring".

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obama's intent is no surprise. His VP Biden is the cvnt behind VAWA.