Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Red Pill (movie)

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We talked about this movie a few years ago when it came out, but I was waiting until I could see it without having to pay for it, cheap bastard that I am. So I finally got to see it last night on Tubi (which is free TV, you don't even have to register, just tolerate some commercials).

It's a documentary on the red pill (called The Red Pill) and mens rights, made by a woman who started as a feminist, but said at the end that she no longer identified herself as a feminist. I thought it was very well done, lots of material to make you think, as well as to anger and disturb you.

The filmmaker, Cassie Jaye (who was kind of cute, I thought), gave time to feminists to express their opinions. I like her interview style, which is very hands off, she just lets them talk about whatever they want as much as they want, and edits it down later. Sometimes, this has the effect of giving them enough rope to hang themselves. To me, the effect of the feminists statements simply served to strengthen the MRA's case.

The worst part of the whole thing was the way that so many people (men and women) simply REFUSED to listen to what the MRAs (Mens Rights Activists) had to say. Worse yet, they repeatedly insisted on making noise and disrupting lectures so that no one else could listen to them either. A lot of the feminists really came off badly here, as absolute jackasses who were not willing to listen to anyone else's views, or to even allow them to speak.

I thought one thing she said had a lot of insight: She said MRAs wanted to change the system, Reddit Red Pillers wanted to take advantage of the system, and MGTOWers wanted to leave the system. Definitely worth a watch, and hey, it's free.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
It's unlikely that the system will change unless there's a reset in that particular geographical area.

Wars tend to do just that.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's unlikely that the system will change unless there's a reset in that particular geographical area.
Oh, I don't think the system will change. Maybe a little, but not really. The problems are all too tied in to gender roles, and I don't think we can fully cast those off even if we wanted to.

As the movie stated, the feminists named "The Patriarchy" as the source of all problems. They do this to blame men, but men are just as much the victims of "The Patriarchy" (the system) as the women are, just in different ways. I almost got a kind of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" feel in reverse from this film, in that I think a lot of men would feel better if someone just listened to their side instead of demonizing them. Even if things don't get fixed.

There are a lot of disturbing statistics in the movie, like the ones about the disposability of men (deaths in war, deaths on the job, all the attention breast cancer gets vs. prostate cancer, etc.). But the fact that only 38% of college degrees go to men now really bugs me, especially the way the workforce is set up now. The system is set up to encourage girls to succeed, and to discourage boys from being male/masculine.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, I don't think the system will change. Maybe a little, but not really. The problems are all too tied in to gender roles, and I don't think we can fully cast those off even if we wanted to.

As the movie stated, the feminists named "The Patriarchy" as the source of all problems. They do this to blame men, but men are just as much the victims of "The Patriarchy" (the system) as the women are, just in different ways. I almost got a kind of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" feel in reverse from this film, in that I think a lot of men would feel better if someone just listened to their side instead of demonizing them. Even if things don't get fixed.

There are a lot of disturbing statistics in the movie, like the ones about the disposability of men (deaths in war, deaths on the job, all the attention breast cancer gets vs. prostate cancer, etc.). But the fact that only 38% of college degrees go to men now really bugs me, especially the way the workforce is set up now. The system is set up to encourage girls to succeed, and to discourage boys from being male/masculine.
At the current trajectory, the system is rigged to perpetuate the feminine imperative.

It's a catch 22 situation, by and large MEN need women to perpetuate that narrative to survive (jobs/economic growth re:shopping centers) whilst at the same time fvcking men up.

So the greater good as a stop gap measure is for the government and corporations (mostly) to encourage it otherwise there'll be riots and mayhem in society because men will sooner or later take to the streets when they're idle.

Idle men are dangerous when galvanised.

And it's true that females has the upper hand in producing more degree holders.

But the thing is, it's always has been men who creates, is currently so and will be so into the future - it's all in the DNA.

For me, looking at it from a helicopter point of view, the whole thing is way overblown.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, looking at it from a helicopter point of view, the whole thing is way overblown.
If you're saying the Men's Rights issue is overblown, I completely disagree. This is the entire problem, people want to dismiss or undermine the importance of men's issues. For some reason, it gets tossed in with race so people can dismiss it as "white male" problems (and we all know that white males are privileged), even though race has nothing to do with it, minority males just as much or more.

Black men receive prison sentences that are 20% longer than white men, and everyone decries this. But men in general receive prison sentences that are 63% longer than women, and no one cares. Then there are the domestic abuse cases where the default is to go arrest the man and put him out of the house, no matter who is at fault.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
If you're saying the Men's Rights issue is overblown, I completely disagree. This is the entire problem, people want to dismiss or undermine the importance of men's issues. For some reason, it gets tossed in with race so people can dismiss it as "white male" problems (and we all know that white males are privileged), even though race has nothing to do with it, minority males just as much or more.

Black men receive prison sentences that are 20% longer than white men, and everyone decries this. But men in general receive prison sentences that are 63% longer than women, and no one cares. Then there are the domestic abuse cases where the default is to go arrest the man and put him out of the house, no matter who is at fault.
Wrong.

You're looking at it from ur perspective or the red pill perspective.

Even me, when I look at this from my own perspective, I too feel enraged, disgusted and a whole slew of imaginative shiet storm comes into my mind. I don't think anyone here could outdo me when it comes to men's right - I'm a proponent for it, the only main reason why I'm even bothered to be posting in SS, I would like to see men be greater.

But when I take a helicopter view of society at large then it's something else.

Like I said, it's a catch - 22 for men, either way it's fvcked and only a hard reset would be the solution.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not interested in getting into a bickerfest over this, but the fact is men DO have their own unique set of problems. And that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying men's problems are worse than those faced by any other group, but they do exist. And they should be allowed to express them without being shouted down, or being told their problems aren't important.

I read your whole post, but this part was funny on so many levels.
She is kind of cute though, have you seen her?

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also thought she was kinda cute...

Really wasn't that impressed with the movie, but maybe because I paid to watch it online at its release time. Didn't think its worth the money. Maybe a 5/10 at best.

It did have some interesting points, but not much we wouldn't see here @ some point.

Was nice to see the points raised on a movie where folks who are not red pill aware, might benefit from it. Like Cassie, some women might get a better understanding too. I am glad the movie was made, I think its a step in the right direction.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really wasn't that impressed with the movie, but maybe because I paid to watch it online at its release time. Didn't think its worth the money. Maybe a 5/10 at best.

It did have some interesting points, but not much we wouldn't see here @ some point.
Ha, maybe if you were a cheap bastard like me...

Anyway, I agree there was nothing new, but we are immersed in this stuff. I thought it made for a nice summation. Getting this information out in the mainstream in some form is a big step. At least they didn't get into men's dating problems, that might have come across as whining, and is a whole separate issue.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
made by a woman who started as a feminist, but said at the end that she no longer identified herself as a feminist.
Women will infiltrate male groups for their own benefit

There are even women in MGTOW now

It wasn't long ago when comic books were for nerds

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She is kind of cute though, have you seen her?
I just Googled her. She's cute - not my type but cute, and I believed you anyway. I just found it funny on a sexual dynamics level. Here's a female director who does a documentary about the Red Pill, men's rights, etc., and the first thing said about her is she's cute. I'm not going feminist on you, it's obviously the first thing I notice about any woman. In fact I found it funny because it's the kind of intellectual honesty that makes a feminazi's blood boil.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I just Googled her. She's cute - not my type but cute, and I believed you anyway. I just found it funny on a sexual dynamics level. Here's a female director who does a documentary about the Red Pill, men's rights, etc., and the first thing said about her is she's cute. I'm not going feminist on you, it's obviously the first thing I notice about any woman. In fact I found it funny because it's the kind of intellectual honesty that makes a feminazi's blood boil.
She's being demonised for giving MRA an outlet by not only women and but also by feminised men using unsavory tactics.