Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Realm of The Real Spirit

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting post and i agree with what you say, but not all the people we look up to saints are actually saints, in the future, no doubt all of Bill Gates' faults will be glossed over. It depends on how history portrays them, supposedly ppl like mother theresa were not even that wonderful as she left people dying in her hospice in calcutta with millions in donations in her bank account.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Understand that im not trying to be difficult by posting this reply BBB, i have a lot of respect for you and a majority of your posts have a lot to do with who i am today. For this i thank you. Ussually, i am an extremely open minded person in this kind of philisophical discussion, but not this time, this time im going to be a little more stubborn as to what i except is reality. Mainly because, I preach things that can't worl together with what you preach.

Originally posted by Brazilian_Blues_Boy
Please, don't bullsh!t me... everyone wants to be famous, to become a celebrity, a rock star, or the rich owner of a business...
I've seen it all around here... it's all about the money...

What to do with the money??
Take it and use it to "buy" confidence, satisfy materialstic desires and by doing so, have more confidence to get more women, and by doing so becoming able to gratify their hedonistic, ego-driven desires...
Everyone wants to be famous, thats true. Did you ever consider though that the celebrity might have a burning passion for acting? The rock star had a love for music? and the business man had a passion for entrepeneurship (I personally have this ambition, not for the money but for the excitement).

I know everyone will want to throw rocks at me, but unfortunately no one proves me wrong...
In the countless "Self-Improvement" guides that are posted here, you only see motivational posts, ego-feeding books and physical exercises...
Noone wants to throw rocks at you, tell me, what is wrong with these things? What is REALLY wrong with them.

I'm yet to see a "Self-Improvement" guide that tells people to plant a tree, give money to poor people, help the starving kids on Africa, save wild animals, or even the poor abandoned animals at the city kennel.
Im sorry, but you don't really need instructions to do those things, all you need is a heart, i do charitable things as well as improve myself. Whats so hard about planting a tree or giving money to poor people?

Should be Ego-Improvement, Vanity-Empowerment...

I see so much "Intellectually opinated" people giving their political opinions so eagerly... discussing and fighting with others, thinking that they are "smart, intelligent."

But they're just a bunch of hypocrites. While they sit on their a$ses satisfying their egos defending one politician or another, thousands of children are becoming homeless and parentless, because of them, because they are the ones who voted for Mr. President.
I'm going to stay out of the political issues because this, i agree with.

Why aren't there anymore saints?? Why the imaculated men are becoming more and more often child-rapists?
There are, you just don't know who they are.

Are we so weak?? Is mankind so enslaved by their pleasure-seeking egos, that there's no turning back?
Some people only think of themselves this is true, why are their charities out there if noone donates? Obviously people are, your just assuming that they don't because you havent seen it for yourself. Theres alot of **** going on in this world but theres also alot of love and great things happening in helping the unfortunate, the annoying thing is we only ever hear about the ****.

It's not about women taking power anymore... it's about the devaluement of men... women are just reflexes of our own poverty of spirit?

Men want pure women, but how pure are they?
How can a man call himself a human when his more worried about Britney Spears' breast than about all the poor young women that are castrated in semi-primitive tribes?
Horrible things happen in nature, this is true. It is natural to us however, happiness comes when we are consistently fulfilling out natural desires, britney spears breasts are a natural attraction to us because we want to spread our genes. Rescuing the poor young women does nothing to fulfill out natural desires, people dont choose one over the other its just that they never consider the other one. People have morals but we also have natural desires.

Women are taking over, because there's no longer the passionate men. Men who have goals bigger than just chasing skirt.
Chasing skirt is natural to us i understand, but their are MANY men out their who participate in other things, who are more focused on other areas of their lives.

That's why I say SELF-IMPROVEMENT IS A HALF TRUTH!
Our notions built here are sometimes, or most of the times, pretty frames for the shallowness of our insides... insecurity and hedony, walk together hand in hand in the heart of the young men.
Self improvement fulfills my natural desires, this is what i believe is how one becomes happy. If i feel good about my life, if im going somewhere then i really feel good about myself and donate more to charity just making me feel better. If feeling good is such an insecure act, then im insecure, i dont care: im happy and thats all that matters. I have no shame, no guilt, and no regrets and im happy for improving myself, why shouldnt i be?

"It doesn't matter if the cat is black or white as long as it catches mice"

Why have we become so lazy? Or so fearful or change? Or does it even differ the earlier from the latter ?
Because our natural NEEDS are being supplied to easily.

The rabbit hole is way deeper, as my friend matrix would say...
And no one's daring to go that deep...

So hate me, prove me wrong, but do it concretely.
I'll be very pleased to see that I'm wrong, that this place is filled with altruistic people...

As long as we don't strive for the realm of the real spirit, as long as we don't become the new generations of saints, philosophers, artists, talented sportists and brilliant scientists, will remain living in this ego-driven, downward spiral.
I don't see the downward spiral, i am happy and im having a good life. I dont have to become world famous for some "real spirit" **** to enjoy my life. I dont care if im remembered after im dead, i want to enjoy MY life while IM alive.

And it will get more and more out of control. Soon the future will become like the future in the Robocop movies (and that is not a joke)

So let us take ahold of our egos, stop them and start to think of tomorrow... let us all throw down the chains of social opression that bind us, and give this world a new hope... begin the setting of a new start...
Im always thinking of tomorrow, just i dont see why i have to paint paintings or write books or cure cancer. Hey i have an idea, instead of giving the world a new hope, lets give ourselves one.

Dont get me wrong here, i LOVE doing good deeds for other people, it makes me feel better about myself and making other people feel good is something that sticks with you for a long time.

In closing, i leave a quote.

"Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I look forward to your reply.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im all for charity but it should in my opinion be personal, you should also stand up for what you belive. For example my school voted to ban Nestle on the basis of some rumours that it was ripping off third world mothers, we had a vote, i was the only one to abstain (because i felt I did not have enough information). I researched it afterwards and still have not even found serious/sensible allegations, i think what i did in principle is right, although if they had been i would have voted for banning them. I got a lot of stick for that but i pulled through.

You should do what you believe, I dont think you should give money to a homeless person when out with your friends (one of my mates emptied his entire wallet and then expected us to pay for his day out) purely so that you are showing how charitable you are. Again, you should not just offer help and advice when it is solicited as these people are often capable of reciving it in other ways, but help people without them asking, not in a big look who i am way so that they can refuse and you can feel justified. But in an anonymous way so that they can accept it without feeling rude. Do what you want to do, if you need that money, keep it, do not let someone guilt you into giving it away. Admittedly you should ideally help them, but you should not try to fool anyone because then you are cheating yourself.

I'm yet to see a "Self-Improvement" guide that tells people to plant a tree, give money to poor people, help the starving kids on Africa, save wild animals, or even the poor abandoned animals at the city kennel.
As admirable as all these things would be, there are other books for that. Thats because this is not about self improvement, this would be about helping others. I think that to be who I want to be I should help others, but if thats not who you want to be then it shouldnt make you. Plus on a more practical reason people buy them in order to attempt to deal with their difficulties first, they would be financial failures if they adressed the failures of others and not yours as no one would buy them.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
repeated

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me tell you all something

In no moment, I told people to give money to other people or help to save the planet thinking about credit... this is too "developed country" mentality... around here you can donate all you have and no one give's a damn... there so much poverty and people in need that charity doesn't buy peer acceptance, it's kinda like a chore.

That is why the people who donate the most prefere to remain anonymous...to avoid being kidnapped... that's the fame you'll get, you'll become a good target for kidnappers...

Just one thing... how many "I's" are there in your post? I stopped counting when I got to twenty...

You're one of them... sorry to bring you the news... that's the hardest trap to escape...when you become a "special" one.

" Oh, but I'm self-improving, I'm helping people, but I'm also going for my desires and standing for MY beliefs... "

Gives an impression that you're great uh?
But it's just covering the truth...

To end this post, I know that you're smart, I'll leave a quote which is wiser than everything on this board...comes from a philosophical interpretation of the Tao Te Ching, in my humble opinion the wisest book ever written.

" The fool has an Unhappy Happiness. In his stupidity, he fails to understand the gift of the Happy Unhappiness of the initiate, which is on his way to achieve the Happy Happiness of the wise, of the one who lives the Tao. "

Don't mean to sound harsh, or call you stupid, because I'm one of the stupidest people that ever came to this board, but think about.

Think deeply. Try to feel, and see which one of the three do you think you're experiencing now.

BBB

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
People are not inheritly lazy. Ask your self have you ever felt so full of energy that you didn't know where to start? I have and I learn to harness it every day, each day getting better. It is not YOU that is lazy it is your mind. Think, If, while you were being lazy, a comet crashed down your road, would you just sit there? NO! You would get up, you would be full of energy, there is a way that you can always feel this way.

And it is true that most self improvement is ego driven, its always reaching, looking towards the future, never living the moment. So instead of striving to improve yourself, improve yourself this very moment, always live in the moment and you will be fine. How are you ever going to change unless you do so now? it has to happen now.

As for money, somebody said something about janitors, and to that I say: why not just cleaning up after yourself? then you don't need janitors. I know what you are going to say.

And for the idea that if everybody was philosophers then there would be no value in them. That is a rediculus ego driven thing to say. The idea that YOU MUST BE SPECIAL TO BE IMPORTANT is horrible, and will cause you pain because nothing lasts. Because essentially everybody is the same, we all exsist, we are all humans. Only our mind can say that if we don't stand out we are not special, that just creates useless pain. Nobody is more important than anybody, that is all the mind. Its so hard to explain that all that stuff is crap created by the mind.

So I defer people to the book that gave this understanding: the power of now. I can email anybody interested in a microsoft reader copy. Email me at sofa_king911@yahoo.com

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PHP:

Get rid of "learning" and there will be no anxiety.
How much difference is there between "yes" and "no"?
How far removed from each other are "good" and "evil"?
Yet what the people are in awe of cannot be disregarded.

I am scattered, never having been in a comfortable center.
All the people enjoy themselves, as if they are at the festival of the great sacrifice,
Or climbing the Spring Platform.

I alone remain, not yet having shown myself.
Like an infant who has not yet laughed.
Weary, like one despairing of no home to return to.

All the people enjoy extra
While I have left everything behind.
I am ignorant of the minds of others.
So dull!

While average people are clear and bright, I alone am obscure.
Average people know everything.
To me alone all seems covered.
So flat!
Like the ocean.
Blowing around!
It seems there is no place to rest.

Everybody has a goal in mind.
I alone am as ignorant as a bumpkin.
I alone differ from people.

I enjoy being nourished by the mother.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really didnt understand that follow up post BBB. I know im not the smartest person in the world but i like to keep things simple, if you would like to try and explain your ideas in a more simple way i would like that. I don't see a flaw in the way i see things and if their is one i would like to know about it.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sammo
I really didnt understand that follow up post BBB. I know im not the smartest person in the world but i like to keep things simple, if you would like to try and explain your ideas in a more simple way i would like that. I don't see a flaw in the way i see things and if their is one i would like to know about it.
You're right. Forgive my excessive misticism.

To explain in incomplete, but objective words... what I mean with all that, is that people should invest their time more in their "spirituality".

Not religion. But spirituality. Understanding and loving yourself, your flaws... trying to understand why things happened and still happen to you. And try to grow from that.

And also love other people. Learn to be more charitable, and less egoistical. If you're really superior, than you live as an inferior gladly.

I hate to use this example, but Jesus used the serve his apostles... and all mankind...

Not that everyone should try to become Jesus Christ, but improve the world they're around. Try to reach other people that are stuck in their egoistical, vain shells, and touch bitter people's hearts with love.

No one is born bitter, sad, egoistical, vain, shallow. It's all consequences of lack of love.
Now, the real MAN, the real DJ, in my point of view, is the one who indeed is better than everyone, but with great power comes great responsibilities.

That's what you want? To become better so you can live self-satisfying, never ending delusional masturbation?
Live only for your own pleasure and joy?

The world is full of egoistical people. Still, when they fall from their ivory towers, they go seek for the help of thwe humble ones, the same ones they stepped over to escalate into their "highness"

And who's the greater?
I'd stay with the smaller.

But... people only want money, vanity, ego appeasement, pleasure and luxury... so that's why the world is going down the drain... when our children will be born, pure water will be a commodity. Yet no one gives a sh!t.

But, who am I to question your noble goals! Go on!
Become just another brick in the wall...
A shiny brick is shiny, special, brillant, different from the others...

but still... a brick... nothing more than that.

BBB

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks.

I understand what your saying, but improving myself has become a drug, its opening up new things in the world and im experiencing this world in as many ways as i can.

I understand im just a 'brick' and as much as i improve myself im just a brick like everyone else, i dont think im better then them when i have improved myself, i dont look down on them. They are just another person so ill treat them with respect, HB10 or that dorky guy that is in my class, there both people and i treat them like that.

Understanding and loving yourself, your flaws... trying to understand why things happened and still happen to you. And try to grow from that.
Are you saying that everything happens for a reason? The majority of what happens to me is my choice, tomorrow is the consequence of what i do today.

I feel as if im missing the point your trying to make here.