Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Real World

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Facebook
Snapchat
Instagram
Twitter
Etc.

How far do we go down this path? We are to far to turn back. Do not tell me we can. What do you think the future looks like? There is a show called Black Mirror gives interesting commentary of technologies possible effects on our future. In one episode social media became apart of one's physical person and you could digitally offer likes in a real life interface based off their behavior. People were so desperate for likes that the world became fake. Life essentially dependent on the online profile.

I don't believe we will end up in a dystopia like that. However, it's interesting to imagine what things will be 5-10 years from now. How will we be communicating? Will interpersonal relationships become obsolete. What will our phones look like? It truly is an outright amazing time to be alive. Im interested in hearing your thoughts.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How far do we go down this path?
Pretty far I would imagine. I don't see an end any time in the future. I don't think it will get as bad as Black Mirror, but people will continue to get vainer and vainer and faker and faker.

B

BlueAlpha1

Facebook
Snapchat
Instagram
Twitter
Etc.

How far do we go down this path? We are to far to turn back. Do not tell me we can. What do you think the future looks like? There is a show called Black Mirror gives interesting commentary of technologies possible effects on our future. In one episode social media became apart of one's physical person and you could digitally offer likes in a real life interface based off their behavior. People were so desperate for likes that the world became fake. Life essentially dependent on the online profile.

I don't believe we will end up in a dystopia like that. However, it's interesting to imagine what things will be 5-10 years from now. How will we be communicating? Will interpersonal relationships become obsolete. What will our phones look like? It truly is an outright amazing time to be alive. Im interested in hearing your thoughts.
I've been in the wireless sales industry for 5 years since 2012. The Galaxy SIII and iPhone 4 were out that year. You won't see TOO much of a change in 5-10 more years. It takes longer than that, but you could see some really crazy sh*t in another 20-25 years. You already see people DRIVING CARS or CROSSING AN INTERSECTION with their faces just BURIED in a computer, which not only is dangerous but LOOKS RIDICULOUS, and was unheard of 15 years ago.

I am beginning to unplug slowly. I don't have a Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, or any online dating apps anymore. Never had Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest or any of that useless garbage. Yet I still feel like I spend way too much time on this website, Youtube, and Reddit in particular.

My last and final step of unplugging is to downgrade to an enhanced flip phone - one that actually has a decent camera, GPS navigation, and all the great perks a smartphone offers with one exception - the ability to surf the net on a browser or download apps. That is the key to kicking the addiction. I will miss some things like mobile check deposits or opening my front door with bluetooth, but it's a small price to pay for freedom.

I can't really do it until I get out of the wireless sales industry once and for all (we communicate on stupid chat apps and I have corporate email on my phone), but once I get out I'm going to try it. Even if it's just for a year as an experiment, I don't think I'll ever look at smartphones the same again.

Every once in a while you have to go on a nature hike, get a message, or go on a meditation retreat with no electronics just to remember you're alive and a real freaking person. This stuff is CRAZY addicting at this point in our lives, and I shudder to think many people are much worse than me with it.