Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Psychology Of Persuasion Applied To Game

wonderer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Reading the Psychology of persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini and he cites an interesting study.

Research was conducted in 1978 by Ellen Langer (Professor of Psychology at Harvard) published a research study about the power of the word "because".

A student cut the queue of a busy printer and used different statements each time. Results below:

“Excuse me, I have 5 pages. May I use the xerox machine?” [60% compliance]

“Excuse me, I have 5 pages. May I use the xerox machine, because I have to make copies?”[93% compliance]

“Excuse me, I have 5 pages. May I use the xerox machine, because I’m in a rush?” [94% compliance]

Using the word “because” and giving a reason resulted in significantly more compliance. This was true even when the reason was not very compelling (“because I have to make copies"). The researchers hypothesize that people go on “automatic” behavior or “mindlessness” as a form of a heuristic, or short-cut. And hearing the word “because” followed by a reason (no matter how lame the reason is), causes us to comply.

They also repeated the experiment for a request to copy 20 pages rather than five. In that case, only the “because I’m in a rush” reason resulted in compliance.

Now, has anyone tried this with game?

I am going to start using it, when asking for a date I usually just say we should go for a drink. Are you free x. I leave it at that. Now I will be saying we should go for a drink because x (e.g. ot was fun chatting about Italy). It also gives qualification other than looks, but could maybe look too try hard?

Lets see if this can reduce flakes or what the results are, to be honest I'm not sure if it will make too much of a difference as its the initial interaction which is everything. Still thought it was very interesting.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best persuasion is demonstration.

DidIDoThat

Reaction score
Also people love to hear their own name so maybe add there name?

Hey, charlotte we should go on a date because i enjoyed talking to you.
- Something along those lines.

I also switched "do you want" with "we should" on purpose because it sounds nore dominant.

Also i read something on language patterns awhile ago you can change the tone on certain things you say like slow down you sentence as you say "we should" so it'll stand out in their brain. I cant fully remember how it works but its a good thing to google and read up on if yoive gor spare time

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the conversion isn't 1:1 because being as polite as possible persuades people but trying to be as polite as possible while asking a girl out probably wouldn't