Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Pre-Date Check List

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get too much time to ever write anything big out too often, so I'll savor this moment. Also, I noticed the "checklist" in the bible was a broken link, so...

So heres the scenario - You finally grew a pair and decided to ask that hottie out and definately wanna make a good impression on your first date. A good way to get a head start in this department is handling your appearance, thus, the Pre-Date Checklist.

I've always lived by "The Three S's" as a good foundation to making yourself into a picture-worthy fellow. What are The Three S's? Well:

1) Shower - Whoa, it's a good idea to be clean? No way...You're gonna definately wanna hit the showers before your big night out. If you're the kind that doesnt like the "wet hair" look or whatever, and you have the time, then take it a good two hours in advance. You don't have to be fresh out of the oven for your date, but you should really at least try to be as cleaned off as possible.

2) Shave - Make yourself perdy by eliminating all that excess facial sandpaper. It's itchy, and generally doesnt look real great unless its part of your normal style. Afraid of cuts before a date? Get an electric razor. Can't afford an electric razor? Take your chances with a manual one.

3) Sh!t - Its more important than you may think to unload a steamy dump before your date than you might think. You don't wanna be on the brink of messing yourself when you're showing the girl the time of her life, and its an inconvenience at best to have to look around for a bathroom if you're out on the town. So, lets just save some time and dignity here and take care of your bowel movements at home, alright?

Now you've got the basics. You're clean, you're shaved (I know someone is going to take that the wrong way) and you're, uhh, releaved. I'd like to take this opportunity to mention how turning on your stereo to give you some "mood music" isn't a bad idea either. Something that puts you in an energetic phase of mind.

Now, what to wear, what to wear?

Shorts/Pants - Depending on the season, you'll be lawfully, and mercifully, forced to wear either shorts or pants. You simply cannot go wrong with cargos, in my opinion. I'm not talking about the "thugged out" pants that are two feet too long to be worn by anyone, but just the simply loose-fit pants with some side pockets (keep your keys, cell phone, wallet, etc. in there). Cargo shorts are just as good - basically what I'm saying is that I'd chose to wear them because you've got room to keep stuff comfortably. If you're a big blue jeans guy, then goddamnit they had better not be the skin-tight ones. Leave a little "breathing" room and cut down on chaffing.

Shirts - Unless your date is at the beach, you should probably wear a shirt. Depending on your "image" (if you're a "skater" a "prep" or whatever), you've got a wide variety of stuff to choose from. Personally, I'd go with a simple T-Shirt (somewhat tight fitting, girls like the bod) or a T-Shirt with a plaid button and collar shirt over it. Just keep it simple, you don't have to redefine the way people wear clothes. Also, unless you're known as the insane person of your group, try to refrain from wearing all your juvenile "Save a tree: Eat a ******" catch-phrase shirts. Another note is that you don't have to have a plain T-Shirt (I never wear plain ones), but you can. Something with a logo or design works dandy.

Random Clothing - I dont know about you guys, but I perfer boxers to briefs. Hell, you can even go free balling if you want, just make sure you're comfortable.

As for socks, it doesnt make a lot of difference, but my weapon of choice are the little ones that come up to your ankles (so when wearing shoes it doesnt even look like you've got socks on). That's just my preferance, but I think its worth checking it out if you havent. Don't have any ankle socks? Just roll some of your normal ones into themselvs a ways and you've got a make-shift pair. Way to go, McGyver.

I dont know about you guys, but I'm kinda an "accesories" guy. The necklace, the wristband, and earrings are all standard. I'm not big on finger rings, nor watches (my cell phone has a clock anyway), but go with what you want. You don't need to bling out, but if you dont wear any of this stuff, or never have, then maybe you should take a trip to your mall and try a few things out. Chokers, balls, hemps, or even a simple chain are all feasible options for a good necklace.

Wrapping it up - By now you should be cleaned off and fully dressed. If you aren't planning on going somewhere to eat, you'll obviously wanna grab something to eat at home. Also, make sure the last thing you do before you leave the house is brushing your teeth and applying cologne/deodorant. I shouldn't even have to explain how having fresh breath and a pleasent scent will help you out immensely. Colognes are really a "personal" choice, but I generally either wear Latitude & Longitude (by Nautica) or Hugo Boss (by Hugo). Those are my preferances, so feel free to make your own. Spray a little mist in the air and walk through it. Go ahead and do this twice and you should be set. For brushing your teeth, I generally use some mint Listerine mouth wash followed by a mint flavored toothpaste. Even after that, to just seal the deal, I'll probably throw in a mint Altoid or piece of gum (mint is pretty subtle, anyway).

So...There you are. You're cleaned up, look decent (I hope) and smell good. Go get 'em, Tiger.

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
;)!

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Clutches heart* OMG, HE POSTED!!! Good job Mike. Seemed like something Frank would post though (inside joke.)

daniel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to add something regarding "The Three S's"

Go take a dump before you hit the shower!

Well, everybody probably don't have the problem, with, ummm, hair in the crack, but it might get pretty nasty! I won't go into details this time, because some of you thought it was gross the last time I did... :D But I think she'd find it pretty gross too.. So, shît first, then shower!

LaZaRuS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by daniel

Well, everybody probably don't have the problem, with, ummm, hair in the crack, but it might get pretty nasty! I won't go into details this time, because some of you thought it was gross the last time I did... :D But I think she'd find it pretty gross too.. So, shît first, then shower!
LOL :D

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very Nice !!

Just forgot 3 things !!
Clip your nails, Clean your nose and Clean your ears !!

Behold the power of the Mighty Q-Tip.

It's winter here so I have to keep cleaning my nose constantly... damn cold.

BBB

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget: Clean your car, condoms, and coffee (for in the morning.)

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn it...Forgot the ear/nose :mad:

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Cha Ching!

Nice post! :D

Cheatz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by daniel

Well, everybody probably don't have the problem, with, ummm, hair in the crack, but it might get pretty nasty!
lol... so true :p