Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Power of Your Belief System

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everybody you see, everywhere you go, has a set of beliefs. Even the dumbest lug you'll ever meet will have a set of beliefs. Sometimes those beliefs are apparent and open, and sometimes those beliefs are subconscious and unknown to that actual person who is driven by it.

Have you ever watched a commercial and then found yourself incredibly hungry?

Did it have anything to do with what they SAID? Probably not. In fact you were probably ANNOYED by what they said more than anything and annoyed by the fact that a commercial was on instead of the program you were watching.

But, when you look at the ad world (especially those ads that deal with food), you will find that a lot of adds use subliminal messages to implant ideas into your head. And no, I don't mean the kind of idiocy about playing it backwards and you will hear Satan's voice. Not that kind of subliminal message.

I'm talking about things you don't consciously notice, but are there in the background. For instance, the Franchise BLIMPIE made use of the colors green, red, and yellow in their adds and on their signs. Why did they do this? To look pretty?

NO!

They did this because a study was found that red, green, and yellow are more hunger-inducing colors.

So, how is this helpful to us in anyway?

I wanted to use an example of one of our main drives: HUNGER and correlate the idea of "beliefs" that drive us to satisfy that Hunger to show you that your OTHER drives are also fueled by these subliminal messages and beliefs.

I'm not going to focus on the subliminal part too much, but I DO want to concentrate on your BELIEFS.

Most of you are here because at some point in your life you hit a road bump. You were thrown violently out of the car and left for dead along the relationship highway, bloodied, bruised, and severally wounded!

HELP! HELP!

You cried. You sat in your chair and ran a search or heard through a friend that there were "seduction" sites out there that could TEACH you to be a major player!

So you started dumping your time and energy into watching these sites, reading these books, and trying to implement them into your life. And I applaud you for that! I applaud you for actually DOING something about your situation instead of curling up into a little ball and shutting yourself out to the world like a chump.

But what you've found, like 95% of the others like you, was that although these techniques are GOLD, it's HARD for you to implement them. Why? You are paralyzed by fear?

Well, I ask again, WHY?

And then you get a myriad of answers:

Because I am shy
Because I am ugly
Because I am a loner
Because I have no friends
Because I am stupid
Because I am not cool
Because I am not a thug (lol)
Because girls don't want guys like me
Becuase I am...*GASP!*...a nice guy

And the floor is silent. The last once is a crippling death blow to any Don Juan, isn't it? Heaven forbid you be a NICE GUY!!!!

And you know what? So you think, so shall you become!

All the reasons you listed above are a part of your BELIEF SYSTEM that are buried subliminally and in your psyche that are causing your BODY to act in a certain way (your hands shaking, you clamming up, etc. when you are in the presence of someone who CHALLENGES those beliefs!

You're fine in your comfort zone. It's when you LEAVE THAT comfort zone (aka approach a hot girl) that this belief system kicks in.

SO WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT IT???

Imagine, if you would take a step back, and remove those negative beliefs. So what if you are ugly? LOOKS DON'T MATTER ENOUGH IN THIS GAME! So what if you are a dork? WOMEN LOVE DORKS! So what if you're not perfect? PERFECT IS BORING! (ala the Pook man) So what if you are a...*GASP*...nice guy? WOMEN WANT A NICE GUY!

Don't believe me? Ask them! They'll all tell you the same exact thing. They WANT that nice guy, but they also want a MAN. A man with a solid belief system! A man who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go after it.

They don't want some whiney, snivelling little weasel who barely has the self-esteem to crawl out of bed everyday!

So, you need to adopt a new belief system. Imagine if you rolled out of bed everyday and recited this to yourself:

Beauty is only skin deep. Beauty is not power. Power comes from dedication, commitment, hard work, and willingness to rise above our failures and make them into successes. NOBODY knows how to do that more than me. I have failed and failed and failed and failed, but everytime I fail I get back up. Everytime I got knocked down, I rise back up and move a little farther forward. Because of this drive, because of this determination, *I* am the prize. *I* am somebody to be respected. I am POWERFUL. In every day, in every way I am getting stronger and stronger. Beautiful people don't have this drive because everything is handed to them. I, on the other, possess this drive and I possess the POWER. She is only human. She eats, breaths, pees, and has needs just like I. Who does she think she is?

How much more POWERFUL will you be able to use the skills and techniques you learn here if you were to truly believe that about yourself?

The results would be insurmountable in comparison to what you are finding today.

Watch and see if your nervousness doesn't go away. Watch and see if you don't feel more and more confident. And then, you take another baby step, once you've internalized that belief. You APPROACH. You get ACTIVE. You create and define your own world exactly the way you want it and you only bring the people YOU want into that world.

Trust me, the power of your mind in conjunction with ACTION is extremely powerful and can affect MAJOR changes in your life. But you have to be dilligent. You have to work at it. You can't just sit back and do nothing. You've got to actively seek out ways to better yourself. If that paragraph isn't enough, then do MORE. Go hit the self-help section at your local bookstore and start reading. Join a club or play a sport and get active. Start an exercise regime, even if it's only 15 minutes a day. YOU CAN SPARE 15 MINUTES!

There is no one solution here. You've got to do as many different things as you can. Start meditating. Get yourself into a habit of getting into a relaxed state every day and then draw on that relaxation when you are in an uncomfortable situation.

I know it's not an easy road, but you can do it if you really want to.

You just have to BELIEVE!

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to bump this for anybody who might have missed it the first time.

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way to allure hot babes is not to pay them any special attention, I couldn't care less if one particular hot babe likes me or not these days I have many far more important things on my mind.
If you don't chase them, they will chase you, to many guys worry too much about attracting the hot babes and that only pushes them away. :yes:

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If Napolean ever thought 'I'd love to conquer half of Europe but who'd ever follow a short-arse like me?' he soon got over it.

ManiacJack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes belief in yourself above all else raises your confidence level :)...

It is important that you believe in yourself ABOVE OTHERS, otherwise when they turn around and say something like, "Oh my god he is such a fat c***!" Then you are back to square one...

Azidoro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post.

Reaction score
KoalaKing said:
If you don't chase them, they will chase you, to many guys worry too much about attracting the hot babes and that only pushes them away. :yes:
That's is total horsecrap. Lots of people here and myself included do not chase anyone, and we do not get chased ourselves, which is why people are on here in the first place. Hello. If you are oblivious to women around, guess what, no magic girl is going to come up to you out of nowhere and start trying to seduce you. I hope you meant something else by this.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
excellent post.
its not horsecrap...what you say is true but koalaking assumes that you have built yourself into a decent man. otherwise, get to work.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vypros said:
Everybody you see, everywhere you go, has a set of beliefs. Even the dumbest lug you'll ever meet will have a set of beliefs. Sometimes those beliefs are apparent and open, and sometimes those beliefs are subconscious and unknown to that actual person who is driven by it.

Have you ever watched a commercial and then found yourself incredibly hungry?

Did it have anything to do with what they SAID? Probably not. In fact you were probably ANNOYED by what they said more than anything and annoyed by the fact that a commercial was on instead of the program you were watching.

But, when you look at the ad world (especially those ads that deal with food), you will find that a lot of adds use subliminal messages to implant ideas into your head. And no, I don't mean the kind of idiocy about playing it backwards and you will hear Satan's voice. Not that kind of subliminal message.

I'm talking about things you don't consciously notice, but are there in the background. For instance, the Franchise BLIMPIE made use of the colors green, red, and yellow in their adds and on their signs. Why did they do this? To look pretty?

NO!

They did this because a study was found that red, green, and yellow are more hunger-inducing colors.

So, how is this helpful to us in anyway?

I wanted to use an example of one of our main drives: HUNGER and correlate the idea of "beliefs" that drive us to satisfy that Hunger to show you that your OTHER drives are also fueled by these subliminal messages and beliefs.

I'm not going to focus on the subliminal part too much, but I DO want to concentrate on your BELIEFS.

Most of you are here because at some point in your life you hit a road bump. You were thrown violently out of the car and left for dead along the relationship highway, bloodied, bruised, and severally wounded!

HELP! HELP!

You cried. You sat in your chair and ran a search or heard through a friend that there were "seduction" sites out there that could TEACH you to be a major player!

So you started dumping your time and energy into watching these sites, reading these books, and trying to implement them into your life. And I applaud you for that! I applaud you for actually DOING something about your situation instead of curling up into a little ball and shutting yourself out to the world like a chump.

But what you've found, like 95% of the others like you, was that although these techniques are GOLD, it's HARD for you to implement them. Why? You are paralyzed by fear?

Well, I ask again, WHY?

And then you get a myriad of answers:

Because I am shy
Because I am ugly
Because I am a loner
Because I have no friends
Because I am stupid
Because I am not cool
Because I am not a thug (lol)
Because girls don't want guys like me
Becuase I am...*GASP!*...a nice guy

And the floor is silent. The last once is a crippling death blow to any Don Juan, isn't it? Heaven forbid you be a NICE GUY!!!!

And you know what? So you think, so shall you become!

All the reasons you listed above are a part of your BELIEF SYSTEM that are buried subliminally and in your psyche that are causing your BODY to act in a certain way (your hands shaking, you clamming up, etc. when you are in the presence of someone who CHALLENGES those beliefs!

You're fine in your comfort zone. It's when you LEAVE THAT comfort zone (aka approach a hot girl) that this belief system kicks in.

SO WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT IT???

Imagine, if you would take a step back, and remove those negative beliefs. So what if you are ugly? LOOKS DON'T MATTER ENOUGH IN THIS GAME! So what if you are a dork? WOMEN LOVE DORKS! So what if you're not perfect? PERFECT IS BORING! (ala the Pook man) So what if you are a...*GASP*...nice guy? WOMEN WANT A NICE GUY!

Don't believe me? Ask them! They'll all tell you the same exact thing. They WANT that nice guy, but they also want a MAN. A man with a solid belief system! A man who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go after it.

They don't want some whiney, snivelling little weasel who barely has the self-esteem to crawl out of bed everyday!

So, you need to adopt a new belief system. Imagine if you rolled out of bed everyday and recited this to yourself:

Beauty is only skin deep. Beauty is not power. Power comes from dedication, commitment, hard work, and willingness to rise above our failures and make them into successes. NOBODY knows how to do that more than me. I have failed and failed and failed and failed, but everytime I fail I get back up. Everytime I got knocked down, I rise back up and move a little farther forward. Because of this drive, because of this determination, *I* am the prize. *I* am somebody to be respected. I am POWERFUL. In every day, in every way I am getting stronger and stronger. Beautiful people don't have this drive because everything is handed to them. I, on the other, possess this drive and I possess the POWER. She is only human. She eats, breaths, pees, and has needs just like I. Who does she think she is?

How much more POWERFUL will you be able to use the skills and techniques you learn here if you were to truly believe that about yourself?

The results would be insurmountable in comparison to what you are finding today.

Watch and see if your nervousness doesn't go away. Watch and see if you don't feel more and more confident. And then, you take another baby step, once you've internalized that belief. You APPROACH. You get ACTIVE. You create and define your own world exactly the way you want it and you only bring the people YOU want into that world.

Trust me, the power of your mind in conjunction with ACTION is extremely powerful and can affect MAJOR changes in your life. But you have to be dilligent. You have to work at it. You can't just sit back and do nothing. You've got to actively seek out ways to better yourself. If that paragraph isn't enough, then do MORE. Go hit the self-help section at your local bookstore and start reading. Join a club or play a sport and get active. Start an exercise regime, even if it's only 15 minutes a day. YOU CAN SPARE 15 MINUTES!

There is no one solution here. You've got to do as many different things as you can. Start meditating. Get yourself into a habit of getting into a relaxed state every day and then draw on that relaxation when you are in an uncomfortable situation.

I know it's not an easy road, but you can do it if you really want to.

You just have to BELIEVE!

That's a great motivational post, it's one of the reasons I'm glad I joined this group. It reminds me of a saying I often use: "You've got to believe in yourself. Because at least you've got one more person on your team than if no one believed in you." :)