The Power of the Don Juan: INTRODUCTION

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a Don Juan is the most mentally demanding life-path a person could choose. The Don Juan requires constant focus and determination in addition to unprecedented amounts of mental, physical, & social conditioning. They must stand up to the temptation that life presents to us (Rest over labour), even harder, the Don Juan must train the mind just as much as he trains the body.

Being a Don Juan isn't all about getting girls and becoming the coolest guy you know. The most important part of being a Don Juan is having the mental fortitude to succeed against all odds. The lifestyle of a Don Juan is unique in comparison to other lifestyles, as on the path to becoming a Don Juan, he is alone. To be succesfull, a Don Juan must be strong mentally.

Regardless of your current determination and willpower, their will come a time when you feel like ****, when you feel like you can't go on. You will be tempted and exhausted, yet you are forced to go on. A Don Juan has no one to turn to when he is in misery. You have the option to quit and give up and lead a life of security, but a REAL Don Juan never will. Real Don Juans push onwards regardless of the circumstances that they face in life.

The mind is a powerful tool that some never learn to control. Consider the following… all Don Juans understand the importance of physical improvement, mental improvement, and social improvement. Why then, are some Don Juans leading amazing lives while some are still stuck within mediocrity? Why do some Don Juans have difficulties approaching people, while some get the number every time? The answers lies within the mental discipline of the Don Juan. It is easy to not talk to that girl, it is easy to skip your morning cardio; being a Don Juan is not easy.

A day in the life of a Don Juan consists of an early wakeup followed by a morning session of reflection. I typically wake up by 5:30 and start running by 6, come home and reflect hard about the day in front of me. While most people sleep soundly, we are out running the streets and embracing ourselves for the day. The morning session is far from enjoyable, yet because of its importance, we commit ourselves to it. There will be days when you are tired, perhaps you stayed up late, perhaps it is raining outside, or the wind is blowing feverishly in the winter. Being a Don Juan is different from other lifestyles, you have to make the choice wether its suitable for you or not.

We are not there at 5:30 in the morning, reminding you to wake up and hit the roads. It is easy to hit the snooze button on your alarm and drift back to the dream that was abruptly halted by the annoying buzz. So what makes you decide to rise while others may choose to sleep? The decision often comes from deep inside. The man who wakes to run, runs not to look nice on the beach, rather he runs to make sure he is in peak performance position, physically and mentally. He is preparing for the day. At some point, you must decide on your own, how bad you want to win.

There will always be those that sleep and those that wake. There will always be those that hang out at the gym and those that train until the lights go out. We are all going to have those days when we’d rather not improve. On our way to the gym, we consider driving past, yet we stop and turn towards the gym parking lot. Mentally, we must be strong if we are to succeed in this lifestyle. No one can make the decision for us to improve. The decision must be made at the individual level. We can provide motivation and advice, but ultimately, the decision still rests in the hands of the Don Juan.

When you decide in your heart, that you want to succeed, your mind will take over. You begin to make being a Don Juan your sole purpose in life. You have to eat, sleep, and dream Don Juan to be the best. If you don’t, rest assured that someone else will. This is not a game. This is a lifestyle where you can get fail. Being a Don Juan is a lifestyle for warriors, those that are strong both mentally and physically. We will all face fear and doubt, but with dedicated training and experience we learn to quell these feelings.

Consider the wait before you make an approach. You are often left by yourself. You try to envision the approach in your head. There are times when you doubt yourself, even question your conditioning. Thoughts race through your head but you remain calm showing no visible expression. You must hide your concern from the people around you. When show time comes, these thoughts quickly vanish. You rely on your training and improve your heart out. Through experience, you learn to overcome these nervous, anxious feelings. You realize that you are not alone, rather one of many who have faced such feelings.

The wait before the approach is enough to break the average man. Most men have never been involved in an actual one-on-one approach. Most have never talked to a woman so abruptly. For this reason, most cannot comprehend the feeling of sitting and waiting to converse with a stranger. You are on your own and must face this challenge alone. Your friends and family can only watch from the background.

The mind can play tricks on you. It can convince you to doubt yourself and your training. For this reason, you must train the mind to work for you, not against. You must use your mind to give you confidence. The only way to achieve this state of mind is through experience and hard work. Experience comes from actual competition. You must fight and continue to learn.

If you fail or get shut down, you must make the decision to get back up and fight. When a Don Juan fails, many are quick to call them bums or over the hill. These people don’t realize that being a don juan takes time to learn and master the techniques. You must learn from your losses and live to fight another day. Whether or not you succeed is your decision. No one can instill the mental toughness and work ethic required to be a champion. Rather you must dig down, deep within yourself and find these qualities on your own.

Train hard and believe in yourself. Through hard work, you gain confidence in your training. Being a Don Juan does not involve luck; rather being a Don Juan rewards those who put in the hard work.

Make the choice. Train like a champion and you can become a champion.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:cool:

Need I say more?

diceroll

Don Juan
Reaction score
*bows to Sammo*

damn.....

One of the best articles I have EVER read on here, or even in the DJB.

*nominates this to be appended to the DJB*

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post. You should've put this in Tips. I don't usually read the high school section.

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. True, it's ****ing difficult.

AlwaysLearning

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome

I hardly ever praise posts on here. Even some of Pook's posts I think are trash. But this post is so to the point it's brilliant.

And this guy's only 17. You're going to accomplish a lot at this rate young'n.

-AL

jaybeezi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very nice, this works for everything, I'm training to be a firefighter and this got me pumped up to go train some more, and get to the top of my class, thank you.

aolsuxs

Don Juan
Reaction score
5 stars. Where are your quotes from on your signature? Second one rings a bell somewhere.

Awesome work.

lYlasTer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Props.

Making the change from AFC to DJ, I know how hard it is. I'm definately walking this path by myself, and it's a lonely one. But I know that the goal is worth it. I don't want to think about a girl 24/7, be too scared to talk to the one I like, or to not have confidence in myself. The journey of a DJ is is hard, but is worth it.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aolsuxs
5 stars. Where are your quotes from on your signature? Second one rings a bell somewhere.

Awesome work.
I can't quite remember sorry.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally attributed to Aristotle, translated from the Greek
We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
If I could post Greek, I'd give you the Greek quote, too.

milkman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very impressive reading (and a good reminder that being a DJ is not only reading but PRACTICING)!

Thank you!

saki

Don Juan
Reaction score
good tips and a good read, but I disagree with you on forcing yourself to run and all this other hooplah. Being a DJ is GETTING WOMEN PERIOD! The other shiit is just self improvement, which can indeed reflect on you as a whole, but my point here is its not a NECESSITY to get women. I dont need to feel like a marathon runner and eat yogurt every fvcking morning to become a real DJ. If you like to exercise cool, but dont make it a requirement to be a true dj. No one is ever 100% in all areas of their lives, and its never going to be perfect or easy.

rjaudenes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Saki,

I understand you don't need to be a Bill Clinton + Bill Gates + Rambo to be a DJ.

But improve yourself is necessary not to be the prize, but to improve your life quality. You decide (like me :) ) to do a LLM in Corporate Law, you study hard, can get better jobs, earn more money and can buy cars, you'll see your life becaming better, you'll feel good about yourself (more confident too), so you'll have more to offer. You see, it's a sequency of events will turn you in the prize. It's the hard way, but you do that for yourself not for the woman.

Be the prize = What I can offer

My question: Do you pretend to broke that events just don't calling for a woman. In fact, is very important killing the AFC guy inside us (im doing), yes, it's hard, but is insuficient, is a incomplete job. Be a DJ require more and more, because is the hardest way.

You not pretend to be a commum soldier, you want to be the best!

You can get more woman just follow the philosofy of the DJ's, but you'll get more results when you became a real DJ.

I think to became a real DJ you need:

Experience + Actitude (killing the AFC) + improve yourself

I made my decision, and Im getting the hardest way, but i know I'll get the better results.

Thanks,
Rafael, from Brazil
-----------------------------------
The best way to learn is going to the field

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post Sammo.

Originally posted by saki
good tips and a good read, but I disagree with you on forcing yourself to run and all this other hooplah. Being a DJ is GETTING WOMEN PERIOD! The other shiit is just self improvement, which can indeed reflect on you as a whole, but my point here is its not a NECESSITY to get women. I dont need to feel like a marathon runner and eat yogurt every fvcking morning to become a real DJ. If you like to exercise cool, but dont make it a requirement to be a true dj. No one is ever 100% in all areas of their lives, and its never going to be perfect or easy.
This is my biggest problem with the forums. There are 2 or 3 different groups who all have their idea of what a DJ is and what they wish to get out of the site. If it were up to me, I'd split it up into a few different forums to accomodate each of them.

Your goal may be to get women, but in reality most of the users here are looking to improve themselves overall.

FunnyCide

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post...The choice to be a DJ is hard and when I lose focus it's articles like this that get me back on track.

I'm not too sure what Saki's saying but I believe being a DJ is a choice to constantly improve yourself in all areas of your life: mental, physical, spiritual. You're not doing this improvement for women but instead for yourself. Women will be attracted to you cause you have your sh1t together and that makes you the prize.