Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The power of focus

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can be anyone you want to be. Once you get over your preconceptions of who you are, and realize that you, and ONLY you define yourself. Not your parents, not your friends, not anybody but YOU.

Yea, I'm sure you've read that on here and heard it a million times. Ok, sounds nice.. But how does that help me?

There maybe many misconceptions I don't know.. It took me awhile to realize.. well to actualize anyways. focus on yourself. Engrain this in your head (not literally).

Focus on yourself, focus on yourself.. Focus on myself!? Ok, yea I understood that-I thought. Pook keeps saying we should focus on our selves. But uhhgggg.... I was still focusing elsewhere. It DOES take awhile to get over how you think of yourself and just thinking alone, in itself-isn't going to help you. You have to think right. And that means focusing on what you want. Focusing on who you want to be. Focusing on your desire to change.

Focus on your looks if that is were you are uncomfortable. You have to be comfortable with yourself, before your going to be comfortable out there. So focus on making yourself comfortable. Maybe not the right word; comfort. I mean comfort with yourself, but never settle for being just comfortable. Never settle with being mediocre.. unless of course you want to be mediocre.

So you've heard it: go lift weights, get a tan, play sports, get active--Ok great.. now what is really stopping you? Your preconception of who you are? You think your a dork, you think your unathletic, you think you won't be any good at any of that?

Well I think your wrong. You have just defined yourself. You already think you are a dork, unathletic, a nerd or any other thing. But you HAVE to realize you can be whoever you want. Just because you have that conception of yourself as being a DORK or whatever you may think you are (good or bad), you can redefine yourself. Right now-but you have got to drop that preconception of who you are.. You are not that person anymore (it may take some time but keep focused on your desire to change).

Define who you are. Think how YOU want to be. Recreate yourself.

Your friends, your parents, your family, no body, no one, can define you, except YOU. Don't just hear these words. Realize it.

No go out and focus. NOT on what I just said, but on You.

Only you can change yourself.

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you only skimmed the surface here. HOW does one maintain focus on his or her desire to change? Therein lies the struggle, my friend.

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't tell you how YOU should maintain focus on change, only you can do that. It's nothing that I, or anyone else for that matter, can tell you. The want for change, the DESIRE for change, comes from within.

It's from being the Nice Guy, the dork, the nerd, the shy guy.. and realizing that this is not who YOU want to be. Realizing this is not the life I want. Change comes from within, you have to want to change.

For some of us it takes a long time to figure out, for others it may never be a problem.

But those who want to change WILL. You can speed that up by reading stuff on here, or more preferably going out in the world and experimenting.

It's not a matter of HOW to maintain focus, it's out of your WANT to change. There is tons of information here on how to change (focusing on yourself), and what you should become (testosteronized MAN), but that isn't ever going to be enough to change you.

When I found this site, I was looking for tips and stuff to help me with girls, the more I read and found out, the more I realized that I needed to change. I needed to become a man.

For awhile, the more I read, the more I understood the neccesity for change.

So I guess you could say READ and question your life. Are you where you want to be? If not maybe you need to change.

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
i can't believe it. i can't believe that this post hit home with me. it's 7:33 am and i woke up half an hour ago to eat breakfast.

on my way to breakfast, it just jumped into my head and repeated itself over and over again: focus on the desire to change.

wtf? That's never happened to me before with this board. Granted, when I want to remember something I consciously say it to myself, but NEVER once has a phrase or idea reapeat itself without my conscious doing. it took a while but i realize that you're absolutely right.

damn. thanks drow.

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bust.it,

It was only a matter of time. I read that so many times; focus on yourself, but it took me awhile to finally do it. Maybe it's in the wording and probably because it is vague (but the whole point is that it is you finally realizing what you have to do) but after time I realized that this was the only way to success.

I was confused maybe at first because I thought I always focused on myself. I was so insecure that all my thoughts seemed 'inward'. I was SO focused on my own little problems; self-confidence, the way I looked, etc.. that I couldn't think anywhere else. Maybe that's were the problem lies with some of you.

Your focusing on your problems.. your little petty insecurities. Thats not what is meant. Focusing on yourself simply means focusing on improving yourself. Don't get so caught up in your insecurities. Go out and work on them.. if it's socializing go out and work on it. start talking to people, being friendly etc.. If you are nervous around girls I would actually say NOT to start approaching them right away because you will start focusing on your insecurities, and not yourself. Work your way up. It's a process, and a process takes time. It's not going to happen over night, and you will probably face setbacks, but as long as you remember that if you focus on your desire to change, and more importantly your desire to improve, you WILL see changes.

The problem many people don't realize is that when they go try a tip or technique out that they read in here, they are just learning that technique.. Sure it MAY help you with some things, but if you focus on yourself you are garunteed success (that's a bold statement!).

You know HOW... now it is going to take some work on your part.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bust.it
I think you only skimmed the surface here. HOW does one maintain focus on his or her desire to change? Therein lies the struggle, my friend.
A word of advice-- cut the PC bullshyt. We don't say "him or her" on these forums.

To answer your question, you have to force yourself to change. Force yourself to do the things you need to do-- this may be different for every DJ. The more you force yourself to do something, the easier it becomes. This continues to the boint to where it becomes natural, and you no longer have to force yourself or even remind yourself to do it.

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job of ruining a great thread, page. Didn't your mother tell you that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all?

for God sakes, get over yourself. drow did a great job in his post and his reply. you just coughed up some passage from the bible and try to claim it as yours. i'd hate to think you've spent your 1400+ posts with this balony.

by the way, i say whatever i want on these forums. this isn't an english class.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bust.it
Didn't your mother tell you that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all?

No, I was never told that. :)

I'm trying to free your mind. That political correctness is something that has to be destroyed. It does nothing to help us DJs, so we dispense with it. You were no doubt taught in english class that not being politically correct would essentially deem you as sexist. I know, b/c i was taught the same thing.

I chose to resist it because there is no way in hell that I'm allowing political correctness to blind me and force me to be overly accommodating in my writing out of fear of offending someone.

Bust.it: Back when I was learning the Dj System, the DJ Bible did not exist. I am not ripping off passages, I am simply telling you what I have learned in the way that I have learned it.

the DJ Bible is not the fundamental authority to DJ-related issues, it's only a guide book that points us in the right direction. we must learn the truth for ourselves.

I am saying what must be said. How you act on it, i leave up to you.

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Page
No, I was never told that. :)

Glad you caught on. I would have answered the same way :D

As for your post, i just hope that it helps someone who reads this thread because everything you said i've seen countless times before. And the last line sounds like something from The Matrix (movie)...

anyways i don't have the energy to argue. we don't need one. i think we're on the same page here (no pun intended) so let's move on.

btw, PC won't kill you. stop worrying about it. i wasn't even thinking when i typed my first reply to it's not like im "trying" to sound right. hell, i don't even type with caps ;)