Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

THE POLICE TASER CULTURE: Taser vids & Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BlakeW5 said:
The second involved me being pulled over and accused of "street racing". .... The best part is that I knew for a fact that NO camaros were out there. A friend of mine actually went out to watch the races, called me to get me to come (which I didn't), then told me what was out there (three mustangs: two fox bodies and an SN95 and a Talon TSi, all of the cars were trailered in).
Street racing is illegal. You and your friends should do what I do and go to track days if you want to race.

BlakeW5 said:
Just one thing I've gotta ask, how do you figure that I hang out with criminals? I was pulled over for speeding in EACH case and in one instance was accused of being somewhere I wasn't (all based on how my car looks) . So from this information you can deduce that I and/or my friends (I was alone remember) are criminals?

Why do I get the feeling you're either: A) a cop B) father is a cop C) you want to be a cop?

Nope, I love what I do and there's no way a cop salary is gonna come close to what I earn.

Piano Maker

If you can't talk, please STFU. You accuse me of things I didn't do and act all high and mighty. What is your issue sir?

Last edited:
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Piano Maker

If you can't talk, please STFU.
Hmm...curious that you would accuse me of not talking, then tell me to shut up. Perhaps you should review logic once more.

bigjohnson said:
You accuse me of things I didn't do and act all high and mighty. What is your issue sir?
High and mighty? Me? I think this is quite funny considering you're the one going into this thread and telling everyone why they are "criminals" or "law breakers," etc. I would say it is that has a holier than thou complex.

Now that I've absolutely dismantled you're juvenile argument, I'm sure you'd be happy for me to back to emoticons.

So here you go:

:kick:

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BlakeW5 said:
Okay. We've cleared that up.

Just one thing I've gotta ask, how do you figure that I hang out with criminals? I was pulled over for speeding in EACH case and in one instance was accused of being somewhere I wasn't (all based on how my car looks) . So from this information you can deduce that I and/or my friends (I was alone remember) are criminals?

Why do I get the feeling you're either: A) a cop B) father is a cop C) you want to be a cop?
or D) He is a real life Paul Blartt: Mall Cop lol

But seriously bigjohnson look on youtube it is littered with videos of cops abusing their power.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Piano Master said:
Hmm...curious that you would accuse me of not talking, then tell me to shut up. Perhaps you should review logic once more.
Now that's just being silly, as if you didn't understand. It's OK, I'll explain it as if you were a brain damaged child since that's what you want. If you have a substantive issue with my viewpoint then please, state it clearly.

You have accused me of using sarcasm when I have not, and you seem unable to articulate correctly what your issue with my statements is, precisely, except you are unhappy with them. Please feel free to figure out what it is you disagree with and then coherently state it.

Until then feel free to STFU.

Was that more to your liking?

The Piano Master said:
High and mighty? Me? I think this is quite funny considering you're the one going into this thread and telling everyone why they are "criminals" or "law breakers," etc. I would say it is that has a holier than thou complex.

Now that I've absolutely dismantled you're[sic] juvenile argument, I'm sure you'd be happy for me to back to emoticons.
Um, only those who've admitted to hanging out with groups of people who, you know, break laws. :rolleyes:

Do you feel that promoting law abiding behavior is somehow a bad thing?

bud_2005 said:
or D) He is a real life Paul Blartt: Mall Cop lol

But seriously bigjohnson look on youtube it is littered with videos of cops abusing their power.

When they start to pay mall cops $200K+ a year I'll consider it, but not for long. I love what I do and I'm respected in my field, plus it pays a relatively good amount. No, I'm not connected to law enforcement but I appreciate the efforts they make in my behalf; that's why we pay for them.

Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Now that's just being silly, as if you didn't understand. It's OK, I'll explain it as if you were a brain damaged child since that's what you want. If you have a substantive issue with my viewpoint then please, state it clearly.

You have accused me of using sarcasm when I have not, and you seem unable to articulate correctly what your issue with my statements is, precisely, except you are unhappy with them. Please feel free to figure out what it is you disagree with and then coherently state it.

Until then feel free to STFU.

Was that more to your liking?

Um, only those who've admitted to hanging out with groups of people who, you know, break laws. :rolleyes:

When they start to pay mall cops $200K+ a year I'll consider it, but not for long. I love what I do and I'm respected in my field, plus it pays a relatively good amount. No, I'm not connected to law enforcement but I appreciate the efforts they make in my behalf; that's why we pay for them.

With all that sarcasm, I'm sure you're a troll now. :nono:

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Piano Master said:
With all that sarcasm, I'm sure you're a troll now.
There's no sarcasm there, not a drop. There is some hyperbole, a few idioms, and so on, but no sarcasm. Is English your second language? Sarcasm is when someone says something and means something else, usually the opposite.

She: "Did my fart stink?"
He: (gagging) "Oh ya, that smells wonderful"

The bolded part is sarcasm. "he" clearly thinks her fart stinks like 3 week old garbage, but he said the opposite. I do rarely use sarcasm, but you've never quoted any of it yet, so please, clearly say what your issue is.

In fact, I think you are trolling ME, which is funny because I'm just calmly explaining things to you as if you are about half smart enough to make my coffee, or one third smart enough to mow my lawn.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Street racing is illegal. You and your friends should do what I do and go to track days if you want to race.
True. I should stop going to those street races I was never at.

You're completely right though, I'm a horrible criminal because I know someone that went to watch them. D@mn me for having friends!

It just shocks me that regardless of all the information that says the cops were in the wrong you'll find some way to turn this back on me.

bigjohnson said:
No I don't. I just have a problem with you justifying a cop putting a gun in my face for something I didn't even do. Last I checked just knowing someone who WENT to a race (that I wasn't even at) doesn't make me a criminal.

I guarantee you know someone who's stolen something before (IMO stealing is one of the sleaziest crimes out there) but I wouldn't try to imply you're a bad person or deserve to be harassed by cops for it, even though that's exactly what you're doing. Maybe that's why everyone who's still arguing with you think you're one of the "holier than thou" types. Something to think about.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BlakeW5 said:
True. I should stop going to those street races I was never at.
Now, for the benefit of the Piano Player THAT was sarcasm. :rolleyes: I wonder if he will come chastise you for being sarcastic? No, I don't think so either.

(That is not sarcasm, it's a rhetorical question and answer)

Now I admit, I did jump to a conclusion that you have in the past attended street races, since you stated you have friends that attend such events (apparently frequently) and you have a sports car with a checkered flag on it that you spend a lot of care on.

So we have a guy with high interest in sports cars and friends who frequent street races, it's not unreasonable to conclude that demographic is likely to also sometimes attend street races.

My mistake. Right? You don't go to such things?

BlakeW5 said:
You're completely right though, I'm a horrible criminal because I know someone that went to watch them. D@mn me for having friends!
For the Piano Player, again, sarcasm. Above. For what it's worth, sarcasm is best used rarely as it's often a sign of weakness if used abundantly. Think of it like conversational salt - a little is spicy, a lot is unpalatable.

BlakeW5 said:
It just shocks me that regardless of all the information that says the cops were in the wrong you'll find some way to turn this back on me.
It's not the information, it's that what you and a few others claim contradicts everything I've ever experienced and the statistics that are available. Either the denizens of this thread are an oddly unlucky bunch WRT law enforcement, or something fishy is happening.

Occam seems to prefer that some lads are exaggerating to make a point, make points, or for other reasons. It's possible that there is some odd correlation going on with this place and "people who have issues with law enforcement" but I'd hope not. It seems unlikely.

BlakeW5 said:
No I don't. I just have a problem with you justifying a cop putting a gun in my face for something I didn't even do. Last I checked just knowing someone who WENT to a race (that I wasn't even at) doesn't make me a criminal.
No, of course not. Interesting that you knew they'd be at the race though. Also of note, the plural of anecdote is NOT data. Something to consider.

BlakeW5 said:
I guarantee you know someone who's stolen something before (IMO stealing is one of the sleaziest crimes out there) but I wouldn't try to imply you're a bad person or deserve to be harassed by cops for it, even though that's exactly what you're doing. Maybe that's why everyone who's still arguing with you think you're one of the "holier than thou" types. Something to think about.
One halfwit musician does not a population make.

If I knew people who frequently stole, I would not hang out with them, count them as my friends. or have their contact information at my fingertips. It's not a matter of knowing someone who went to an illegal race once upon a time.

Also, interestingly, I don't actually know anyone who's stolen, to my knowledge. I live such a tame life. But legal!

The Piano Master said:
Let's face it folks, a taser is no longer a last line of defense for cops now.
Funny, I thought being shot full of 9, 10 or 12 mm holes was the last line of defense. I like Tasers, I'll get one someday, but it will never replace my handguns.

Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
There's no sarcasm there, not a drop. There is some hyperbole, a few idioms, and so on, but no sarcasm. Is English your second language? Sarcasm is when someone says something and means something else, usually the opposite.

She: "Did my fart stink?"
He: (gagging) "Oh ya, that smells wonderful"

The bolded part is sarcasm. "he" clearly thinks her fart stinks like 3 week old garbage, but he said the opposite. I do rarely use sarcasm, but you've never quoted any of it yet, so please, clearly say what your issue is.

In fact, I think you are trolling ME, which is funny because I'm just calmly explaining things to you as if you are about half smart enough to make my coffee, or one third smart enough to mow my lawn.
You just don't learn do you? Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. :mad:

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
1) So we have a guy with high interest in sports cars and friends who frequent street races, it's not unreasonable to conclude that demographic is likely to also sometimes attend street races

2) No, of course not. Interesting that you knew they'd be at the race though. Also of note, the plural of anecdote is NOT data. Something to consider.

3) If I knew people who frequently stole, I would not hang out with them, count them as my friends. or have their contact information at my fingertips. It's not a matter of knowing someone who went to an illegal race once upon a time.

Also, interestingly, I don't actually know anyone who's stolen, to my knowledge. I live such a tame life. But legal!
Yeah the first part was sarcasm, I was thinking about pointing it out, but didn't know if the others in this thread would get the joke.

Anyway:
1) That's profiling. It shouldn't matter what car I drive, that no way implies that I street race. Hell there are whole movies devoted to a "street culture" that races 4-cylinders.

That's like interrogating every asian you met because you were called in to a crime in china town. By your logic they're all asian so it isn't unreasonable to assume that any of them could have committed the crime.

2) It's called a cell phone. I would have mentioned the guy called me and told me he was there but I didn't think I have someone nit-pick every little detail. I NEVER said I knew beforehand the guy was there.... quit jumping to conclusions

3) You're right, it isn't. I was making a point, stealing was just an example. My point is that one of your friends (or you) has at one time or another broken the law. If you deny that you're either naive, a liar, or have no friends. Regardless of knowing that, I still wouldn't accuse you of being a criminal or "in the wrong" in anyway. Yet with a complete lack of proof you've not only implied I was a liar, but a criminal as well.

Now let's clear this up once and for all. I DO NOT CARE IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME! I just don't appreciate someone implying I'm a liar or criminal based on nothing other than a personal hunch and a "cops are always right" belief.

The underlying issue here is that regardless of whether or not some a-hole cop thought I was racing it's still no reason whatsoever to point a gun at me. If they had just questioned me I would have had no problem with it. It was the whole "gun in my face" thing that soured me on cops, and with good reason. My whole problem here (and the reason I'm still trying to reason with you) is you refuse to see why I have a problem with the situation I was in.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BlakeW5 said:
1) That's profiling. It shouldn't matter what car I drive, that no way implies that I street race. Hell there are whole movies devoted to a "street culture" that races 4-cylinders.
Profiling works, it's also why marketers advertise specific products on specific programs. You won't see a lot of "feminine products" being sold on a show whose target demographic is men, for instance.

Like it or not it's reasonable and effective.

BlakeW5 said:
2) It's called a cell phone. I would have mentioned the guy called me and told me he was there but I didn't think I have someone nit-pick every little detail. I NEVER said I knew beforehand the guy was there.... quit jumping to conclusions
It doesn't matter if you were using smoke signals or a string and two tin cans.

BlakeW5 said:
3) You're right, it isn't. I was making a point, stealing was just an example. My point is that one of your friends (or you) has at one time or another broken the law. If you deny that you're either naive, a liar, or have no friends. Regardless of knowing that, I still wouldn't accuse you of being a criminal or "in the wrong" in anyway. Yet with a complete lack of proof you've not only implied I was a liar, but a criminal as well.
Again, "has at one time" and "continues up until yesterday" are starkly different concepts.

BlakeW5 said:
It was the whole "gun in my face" thing that soured me on cops, and with good reason. My whole problem here (and the reason I'm still trying to reason with you) is you refuse to see why I have a problem with the situation I was in.
It's possible you are a statistical anomaly, of course, and if I wasn't ready to entertain that possibility I wouldn't bother talking to you. In any case I wouldn't let a bad experience (which had a resolution) sour me on law enforcement entirely. You might need a cop someday and I hope you don't hesitate to call them.

On topic, how would you feel if they pointed a Taser at you instead?

Last edited:
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Profiling works, it's also why marketers advertise specific products on specific programs. You won't see a lot of "feminine products" being sold on a show who's target demographic is men, for instance.

Like it or not it's reasonable and effective.

It doesn't matter if you were using smoke signals or a string and two tin cans.

Again, "has at one time" and "continues up until yesterday" are starkly different concepts.

It's possible you are a statistical anomaly, of course, and if I wasn't ready to entertain that possibility I wouldn't bother talking to you. In any case I wouldn't let a bad experience (which had a resolution) sour me on law enforcement entirely. You might need a cop someday and I hope you don't hesitate to call them.

On topic, how would you feel if they pointed a Taser at you instead?
Yep, he's a troll. :trouble:

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, nothing like a good ol pissing match

But, what I see with this subject along with other issues involving the "goverment" is kinda scary.

When you read about this stuff you can see how a "free society" will give its freedoms to the goverment. We are in an age now days where people dont question the power of the goverment. We do this in the name of "feel good" emotions.

I wonder where we will be in a 100 years??

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
logic1 said:
But, what I see with this subject along with other issues involving the "goverment" is kinda scary.

When you read about this stuff you can see how a "free society" will give its freedoms to the goverment. We are in an age now days where people dont question the power of the goverment. We do this in the name of "feel good" emotions.

I wonder where we will be in a 100 years??

Honestly I worry a lot more about things like IMBRA and the PROTECT America act. If one wants to be paranoid about something then those, along with the various 'Patriot Act' laws are much more worthwhile things to worry about.

But that's not the topic.

Someone is all freaked because the police can zap perps down if they fail to comply.

Problem: Police will zap your ass if you don't comply.
Solution: Do what the officer says.

Problem solved.

Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Honestly I worry a lot more about things like IMBRA and the PROTECT America act. If one wants to be paranoid about something then those, along with the various 'Patriot Act' laws are much more worthwhile things to worry about.

Let me guess...you're an Alex Jones guy? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.