Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The perfect AFC dating guide

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are dumb.

Bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite funny stuff there :D.
Hard to believe much of us used to think like chumps... long live self improvement, huh fellas?
Peace.

am4591

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...she has a few good ideas: don't show up wearing a dirty T-shirt and torn jeans, open the door for her, take her coat, etc. But buying her flowers and candy? And paying for the date? Why on earth? I don't spend jack$hit on any gal I'm not already banging.

Also I see nothing wrong with wearing a T-shirt if it's clean and not too old. Depends on where we go.

trevjr

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are some good and bad ideas there. The candy/flower crap is ridiculous. I see nothing wrong with calling the next day if everything went perfect on the date. If a woman is interested she will worry if you don't call. This is different from the 3-4 day wait after you get the number.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
"Yes, I’ve seen the movie Swingers. And no you should not wait a whole week to call your date. If you really like this woman, call her the next day. As much as women like to play games, we don’t like to be on the receiving end of them. You will make the woman a nervous wreck waiting for your call. You will also seem too casual if you wait a long period of time to ring her up."

She says that like it's a bad thing.

Howie Farkes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get me started on why "dinner" is a BAD first date idea! I only have dinner with people I like, and on the first date I don't know if I like her yet...

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Howie Farkes
Don't get me started on why "dinner" is a BAD first date idea! I only have dinner with people I like, and on the first date I don't know if I like her yet...
I think dinner is a good START for a date, but it shouldn't be the ENTIRE date.

I was reading an AFC guide to dating the other day, and it actually had one good point: a date should have a beginning, middle, and end.

The other night, I went on a GREAT date. We had dinner at a Chinese restauraunt (she offered to pay for it all, and of course I let her :) ). Then, we went bowling. DAMN that was so much more fun than I expected (I'm gonna go bump my Bowling thread). Then, we went back to my place. To make a ong story short, she didn't leave until the next morning :)

Howie Farkes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ApocalypseCow
I think dinner is a good START for a date, but it shouldn't be the ENTIRE date.

I was reading an AFC guide to dating the other day, and it actually had one good point: a date should have a beginning, middle, and end.

The other night, I went on a GREAT date. We had dinner at a Chinese restauraunt (she offered to pay for it all, and of course I let her :) ). Then, we went bowling. DAMN that was so much more fun than I expected (I'm gonna go bump my Bowling thread). Then, we went back to my place. To make a ong story short, she didn't leave until the next morning :)
Ok, guess I shoulda just said, "Dinner dates are not my preferred first dates". The whole just sitting and talking thing, with a high chance that all you are surrounded by is other people just sitting and talking, just seems like a kinda weird thing to do with a stranger you're usually trying to both size up and impress...

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rules are made to be broken

Hey guys,

Don't forget that you don't have to stick blindly to the rules, of course unless you're a recovering AFC with absolutely no clue.

If not, then you can break the rules - sometimes a movie can be a great first date! E.g. this week if I met a girl and just did not have time to take her out except for Friday, well I'd invite her along to see The Matrix Reloaded, and I'm sure I could pull that off as a good date unless she hated the film, in which case I probably don't like her that much anyway :)

And on the dinner first date front - go read Vassago's "My Game Plan" thread - he's got a routine that works for him which involves dinner on the first night.

The rules are not set in stone, use your intelligence and quick thinking to react to circumstances and pick the appropriate date based on that.

Osc.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not as bad as I expected

Except for the flowers, the bit about calling the next day, and insistence you pay, the advice wasn't that bad. *Sometimes* it's good to call the next day; usually it's best to wait a couple or 3 days. However, if you had sex or ate her out, you must call the next day if you plan on seeing her again, unless you've made other arrangements, e.g., in situtions in which you know one or the other would be unavailable.

I agree with Oscar, though. There are no real rules, although a man who's admittedly clueless oughta stic k to a set of rules until he develops a sense of what to do.

Movies sometimes work, too. I had a few movie first dates that ended up in bed. Two of them were even lousy date movies. Just touching arms together during the film got 'em warmed up and the rest was easy.

A lot depends upon your personal strengths, too. Set the date to play to your strengths.