Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The paradox of feeling good

Reaction score
Could it be that the meaning of life is just to feel good, possible but this is not what i want to talk about.

We all want to feel good and we can be very egoistic when trying to reach that goal.

QUESTION: When do you feel better
A) When your friend tells a great joke and you and all your friends laugh for a good while.
B) you tell a great joke and you and all your friends laugh for a good while.

For me and i think that for the most of you the answer is B because it is in giving that we recieve and the same goes for emotions.

Now who holds most power in a situation, the one who is entertaining or the one that is entertained.

It does depend on the situation but it is usually the one that is entertained that holds the most power.

So as egoistical as we are we are constantly trying to get others to listen to our stories and jokes and not really listening to theirs, thus making it hard for others to get good emotions.

this thread is actually going nowhere...im just ranting

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
.. you are just ranting..

but you brought up something that i myself never thought about. not necessarily what i THINK is better, but actually which do i seem to enjoy better. the entertainer, or the entertained??

providing the need and recieving and creatnig a response i think is better than being fed the information.

who knows, now im ranting lol

Last edited:

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
my turn to follow you Daven

I personally get satisfaction out of giving but only because it gives me more power (aka being the entertainer)

Whenever I've made posts on here in the past, it wasn't so much to get advice, it was to help me think through a situation, to get me thinking about all the different scenarios. Now I get more satisfaction from the site, when guys thank me because I've truly made a difference in their life.

Its also why in the last 6 months, I've taken to posting FR's even though most MM don't do it because they feel they are beyond that. Now most times many people don't respond to them but I can hold my head high knowing that people on this board know that I'm not a KBJ but actually see me as living a facinating life (according to a very wise poster yesterday).

who knows, now I'm just boasting lol

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say enjoying yourself isn't the meaning of life, it's nature telling you you're doing right :)

There's no better or worse between A and B, but they are different things. If you want to up your testosterone, I figure you need more of B. But of course testoserone is hardly the meaning of life!

I'd be more interested in improving the general vibe, the general level of good feelings, not the focus on any one person, self or others.

logic1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Feeling good about life??? This does make the mind work. Hard to put it in words.

For me the one word that makes me feel good is " content "

I feel very content about my life which makes me have the happy feeling. I think the older you get the more mellow and content you become. When you get that feeling you will know it.