Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The outcome (three threads later)

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the link to my previous thread with the background information:

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28820

So here’s what went down. She did end up calling back—she and her friend picked me up at my house and we went over to her friends’ house to watch a movie. I thought there would be more people there, but it was just the three of us. At first, this is what I would have wanted, but by the time of the event I was hoping for more of a party atmosphere with more people. It would have given me the opportunity to practice my social skills and meet new friends, expand my horizons. Anyway, halfway through the movie, the DVD started skipping, so they shut it off (I didn’t really care—I’d seen the movie a long time ago—it was pretty lame, anyway.) They ended up taking me on a spontaneous trip with them in their car, driving aimlessly around town, me in the back seat—the two of them in the front.

During the car ride, both to her friend’s house, as well and the spontaneous trip around town, I got what I believe is a clue into what this girl (and her friend) actually thought of me. Their topics of conversation could be considered a guy’s nightmare. They would talk about old boyfriends, as well as other guys they thought were cute. They joked around about stalking this guy they had a crush on. I was asked the one question I hoped I wouldn’t be asked. “Have you ever had a girlfriend?” Luckily I had anticipated it—I just replied “Yeah—a few times. Don’t make me talk about past relationships.”(I’m not sure they heard the second part of my response). The girl mentions her old boyfriend moving away, and how much she misses him, even though he turned psycho “but a good psycho, you know what I mean?” At one point the topic turned to bodily functions—listening to girls’ conversation about passing gas is not my idea of a good time. Her friend, apparently remembering I was still in the back seat (and this was only on the ride over) said something to the effect of “Poor krd, he must be mortified” I said. “Don’t mind me—I’ll just block you guys out—I’m pretty good at it.”

Another topic of conversation was their speculations about the genital size of a male friend they knew. Attempting to subtlely remind them that the person riding with them was of the male persuasion, I said, “Do you usually talk this way around guys?” Her friend said “Yeah”, although I’m not sure that’s so true. She said, “Why, are we offending you”. I said “no, not really”. I was more uncomfortable than offended—maybe I should have said something to that effect. The girl chimes in, “I had sex once. But I didn’t really like it.” Not that I really wanted to know. Her friend replied that she really liked sex, and joked that she slept around, but then said "I'd better be careful. I don't want krd thinking the wrong thing." The wrong thing being, perhaps, that she'd even for a second consider sleeping with me.

They even joked at one point about tying me up and throwing me out of the car, although I didn’t really think it was funny. Eventually after driving around a while, the girl looks back to me and says, “Are you bored?” I said “Yeah, slightly”. I asked if they were planning on doing anything else, and they said no. So we agreed that they would take me home. I thanked them for an interesting night and said, “Hope you get your DVD working again.”

My conclusion after coming home from that experience was that this girl is not interested in me at all. No girl would talk that way in front of a guy she is interested in. Common sense would be that she would at least try to make a good impression. It’s as if these girls didn’t even see me as a guy—I may as well have been one of their girlfriends. Story of my life.

I discussed my experience with several other people, and they came up with the other possibility that this girl is simply just young and immature. I actually got this impression from talking to her on the phone, and Friday night’s get-together confirmed it. I believe she’s told me that she’s only been attending college for a couple of semesters, so she’s most likely fresh out of high school. My 17 year old brother says it’s normal for girls to talk like this, and that I need to chill out (he’s not a fan of this site by the way. Ironically, he’s already had about three girlfriends, Some of them had him whipped pretty bad, but they wouldn’t have gone out with him at all if he wasn’t doing something right). My best friend says I should just accept the fact that she’s immature, and to say yes if she asks to hang out again. And if she’s not interested in me, she may have friends that are.

Although, despite this girl’s immaturity, I found it very impressive, even downright surprised, that she was so consistent in calling me when she was supposed to. She even called me about an hour before to tell me she was waiting to hear from her friend, but that she’d call me right back when she heard what the plans were going to be. I just find it frustrating, because when I find a girl who I think seems genuinely interested in me, it turns out to not be true. Despite everything I’ve found out through this site, I’ve never had the experience of a girl, who wasn’t unattractive and had low self-esteem, to be interested in me. Anyway, after two previous threads on the subject, I thought I should post one more on the outcome. Hope you’ve enjoyed.

Last edited:

Howie Farkes

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just find it frustrating, because when I find a girl who I think seems genuinely interested in me, it turns out to not be true. Despite everything I’ve found out through this site, I’ve never had the experience of a girl, who wasn’t unattractive and had low self-esteem, to be interested in me.
And as someone who aspires to be a DJ have you asked yourself whether you like her yet? If she calls again are you willing to hang out and be one her girlfriends again?

Jimi Page

Reaction score
My oh f##king my.

These girls wanted to have a 3some w/ you. On the spot.

They see you as a chronic nice boy. You were uncomfortable, eh? You only made them uncomfortable by thinking that and acting like sex is taboo.

They were waiting for you to make it OK. She didn't like sex?hahahaahaha
These girls were f##king with you hard. Think with your little head, just a few times, then you'll see your head on your shoulders will show you more than you can imagine.

rbd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
krd,

First off, I've read many of your past posts. Congrats for doing stuff with these girls, at the very least this is a big learning experience!

Past that, I agree with what Jimi Page said, that you need to think with your little head more. Usually a lot of what people need to do involves listening to the gut or thinking rationally through the situation (i.e. thinking with the big head). You just need to learn how to get horny and rowdy. :)

So do this: stop jerking off. Go out there, look at chicks, and imagine screwing them in your mind. Your goal is to get so damn horny so that you actually get in that sexually agressive mode with women.

I used to think it was not good to get sexual or agressive with a woman. But, IT IS THE MAN'S ROLE. And even if you didn't want to get with these girls, you could have probably got them wet as hell playing the 'calm, reserved guy who's putting off that sexual vibe' angle.

Don't forsake your masculinity.

Robby

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Howie Farkes, in response to your question, I would consider hanging out with her again. I'd consider it to be a form of networking--she may be able to introduce me to people I might otherwise not get to meet. It's been said that most people are introduced to their boyfriend or girlfriend through mutual friends. Having a strong social network would increase my chances more than cold approaches or going it alone. As for friends, I am lucky enough to have one who I really seem to connect with. He also has a lot of female friends and acquaintances. He explained to me the other day, that he was going to try to arrange a study date with a girl, and wanted me to come along so he could introduce me to her. Whether or not it works out, it's a thoughtful gesture, and it would allow me an opportunity that I otherwise would not have.

And no, these girls didn't want to have a threesome with me (do those things even happen in real life?) Unless, of course, their discussion about farting was designed to turn me on. So Jimi Page, I'll assume you're kidding. That wouldn't be a fantasy of mine, anyway. But, no doubt, I'm seen as a nice boy. Almost asexual. At one point while we were at her friends house, the girl made a comment about the shape of her sister's backside. I replied "Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little booty" and both of them were doubled over in laughter for about a minute and a half.

Instinctively, I guess I avoid thinking with my "little head", because it might just end up making me more frustrated, since I can't really do anything about it. I'd rather keep my mind off it, save myself the agony. Plus, I never "jerk off", because I feel that it is a childish habit. My goal wasn't to have sex with this girl. But I was hoping she'd at least consider me as possibly more than a friend. It's not that I wouldn't love to be more aggressive with women and put off a more "sexual" vibe around them. It's just that I don't have a clue of how to adopt that ****y confident attitude that women supposedly find so attractive. Or maybe I do, but it suddenly disappears when I actually need to use it.

am4591

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like Howie Farkes said, you were their girlfriend. Forget this gal and go out and meet new ones. As for networking, sure she might have friends you could get to know but they would be liable to be just as goofy as she is.

It's more difficult to get a date with a girl if her friend is around, anyway, or at least for me it is. You'd do better, IMO, to isolate her first, then either get her number or set something up.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by am4591
Like Howie Farkes said, you were their girlfriend. Forget this gal and go out and meet new ones. As for networking, sure she might have friends you could get to know but they would be liable to be just as goofy as she is.

It's more difficult to get a date with a girl if her friend is around, anyway, or at least for me it is. You'd do better, IMO, to isolate her first, then either get her number or set something up.
Actually, that's what I originally tried to do. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I suggested going to an art gallery, or someplace to eat, but she didn't seem very enthusiastic about it. Later, she called back and invited me to her friend’s house (and suggested that other people would be there).

I don't think it's a good idea in my situation to just cut myself off from this girl. She seems to be a girl who has a lot of friends, and it's not like I have a lot of options. Just simply going out and meeting new women is a difficult thing to do. I’m sure me and my friend will soon be making plans to do just that, but I still need to take advantage of every opportunity I have.

Plus, as I’ve known all too well, I could go out and collect numbers from a whole bunch of women, which is a great start, but it still won’t get me very far. The problem isn’t unique to the girls I hung out with on Friday night. Most other women would probably see me in the same way, because I’m just not the type of guy that women like. Perhaps I need more opportunities to be around girls so that I can hopefully become more comfortable around them. Maybe with enough practice, although it’s a long shot, I can eventually become that guy. Another purpose this girl and her friend (and their friends) could serve. Of course, there’s the chance that after last Friday night, they may not want to hang out with me again. In which case I won’t have to worry, because the decision will be made for me.

am4591

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Judging from the tone of your posts, it sounds like you need to work on more confidence. Maybe read the appropriate sections of the DJB. Why do you say that you're not the type of guy that women like? Looks? Lack of confidence? Personality? These things can be improved.

When you suggested the two of you go to an art gallery or out to eat, did you try to build a rapport with her beforehand? I'd be interested in hearing what in general you did/said. And yeah, it's difficult for me to meet new girls too, especially in a fairly small town. It's just a matter of going out and doing it.

As for networking, I don't think I'd want to go out with any of this girl's friends but if you're determined to do this anyway, you might want to stay friends with her, talk to her, etc., but not actually do anything with her.

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
krd,

Good for you for trying and taking the first step. You need to think more positively about yourself and what you have to offer to women and all people in general. It appears that you have low self-esteem, which needs to be worked on to improve with women. You should get involved with things that get you out of the house and make you feel good about yourself.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's true that I may have a lack of confidence and self-esteem, but I think that it comes as a result of my personality rather than the other way around. I'm just naturally a shy person. All my life I'll be fighting against it, and maybe in some instances I may win, but it's always going to be a part of me.

My looks are fine, except for the fact that I am very skinny. Of course, girls don't want a guy who's practically the same size as they are. I've been going to the gym nearly every day and working out, but I just can't gain weight, and I have a hard time with the idea of eating all the time and stuffing myself full of food.

I also still live at home and I don't have a car. I can't easily set up dates because transportaion is always an issue. All in all, I believe that adds up to someone who is not particularly attractive to women. I've read the various posts in the DJB many times and they really haven't helped me much. Luckily I have a friend to hang out with, one of the few people who actually gets me. He has many of the same concerns about women that I do, and it makes me feel better to talk to him. We'll hopefully be getting together this summer just to hang, and also to get out there and meet new women. He's a bit more forward than me in approaching women--it's funny to watch him. And even if I don't get together with this girl or any of the ones she might know, it's still good practice to hang out with them. Hopefully, being around them more often would get me to loosen up a bit, maybe feel better about myself. If such an opportunity presents itself, I can even invite my friend to come along--he actually made that suggestion.

Last edited:

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find the DJ boot camp kind of pointless, because unless you've got a drill instructor of some sort, there's nothing stopping you from chickening out.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought I was through posting on this topic, but there's just been a small addition to this story.

Tonight, around 10:30, she just spontaneously called me again and invited me to hang out with them. I, being bored, decided to go along. It was more of the same: them driving around, talking about various dumb things they did, guys they liked, etc. They had a male friend along with them--I believe I'd met him at school before. He could be described as even more shy and softspoken than me, although he was able to get into the convo a bit more, since he knew a lot of the people they were talking about. At one point, either she or her friend mentioned wanting to hook (her friend) up with someone. The guy that was with us said "Krd!" I looked over at him and he said "What do you think of that?" I knew it could be a great segueway, but I couldn't figure out how to respond, so I just said nothing. At one point, the girl brought up the dreaded question again, except she phrased it in a differrent way: "What were your girlfriends' names?--I might know them." To which I responded "Oh, so you're going to pry into my personal life?" That was the end of that.

We went to various random places, visiting some of their musician friends in the middle of a band rehearsal, and stopping by her father's coffee shop. I tried my best to keep a confident, easygoing attitude--I even was able to have a rather enjoyable conversation with her dad. The reason I went (besides boredom), is that I thought it would be a chance to improve upon last time, maybe try a little kino. Not in an attempt to try and get with these girls, but to practice being a bit more forward and flirtatious. But of course, as always, I slipped right into asexual mode, not touching them once, not saying anything the least bit risque. It's like I just can't help myself.

I know I said before that it would be a good idea to keep hanging out with these girls, but if doing so is going to constantly point out my inadequacies as a male, then maybe it's not worth it. If I keep acting this way around them, I'll probably act the same way around their friends, and it'll just continue to be a dead end. I need an atmosphere where I am more comfortable expressing myself in that way, although I'm not sure an atmosphere like that exists. Like anything, it takes practice, but I won't be able to if I keep chickening out all the time.

Another reason I went with these girls tonight, is because I was trying to figure out a way to stay in contact with them, anyway. I didn't want them to think I was blowing them off after last time we hung out. This was a good chance to prove that I wasn't (I'm not sure that they even cared, but I try to be respectful, anyway) But next time they want to hang out (meaning driving aimlessly around town), I'll guess I'll have to politely decline and hope other opportunities will come up, not involving these girls.

Last edited:

tamale

Banned
Reaction score
krd,

As much as we all are rooting for you, let's face the facts:YOU'RE HOPELESS. You have too many insecurities to overcome. You act effeminate and girly, and don't have a backbone. Unfortunately, these behaviors appear to be ingrained into you and there is very little chance you can change. You will be alone for a long time, probably until your 40's. Looks like your hand is all you'll have. Just accept the fact you will lead a lonely and depressing life and find other things to give you enjoyment.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if that comment is designed to be nasty, or if you have a history of posting such remarks. But I post here because it's anonymous, I can express my problems and concerns without bothering people. Nobody's making you read them. If you don't feel like it, then don't. But I don't appreciate your insults.

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Krd dont worry about the troll..

Theres one in every forum.

It seems like these girls are double teaming you..not in the good way lol. How much of a "DJ" would you consider yourself? If you got the skills i would say hang out with them and this time bust their balls..start dishing the sh*t back...but i see how it can be tough in a 2 on one situation...

I bet u a hundred bucks that the girls dont act the same if they were alone with you one on one.

Whatever you do dont let them corner you again and make you look like a nutless fool. Stand up for yourself man.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't honestly say I'm very much of a DJ, despite being here for a long time. I know the skills, but knowing and having are two different things. These girls really aren't "dishing" anything, or saying anything bad towards me--they just talk and act the way they do. They'd probably act the same way even if I wasn't in the car. If they were one on one with me, perhaps they'd act differently, but that is irrelevant, since it probably won't happen. I guess the whole thing is just not really a good situation for me to be in. Better off moving on.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plus, I never "jerk off", because I feel that it is a childish habit

BBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Hear that? It's a big alarm bell ringing.

I used to feel the same way about jerking off. I didn't want to do it because I was "different", "better" than the other guys, more mature, more of a man etc.

But it's bullsh*t.

Question: If you're uncomfortable being sexual with yourself, how can you expect anyone else to want to be sexual with you?

You don't like thinking of yourself as a sexual man/boy, you think you're "better" than that, which is why you don't jerk off, and why you didn't want to talk sex with the girls - it intimidated you. You have a big hurdle to overcome. Not by jerking off, or by dating, but by somehow teaching yourself that sexuality is a big part of who you are - how could it not be, you're human after all - and women love men who are secure in their sexuality.

bp1974

1utfan1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by krd
Better off moving on.
If your planning on moving on, then why don't you give slikker's advice a try. Go out with them and practice your C&F. Bust their chops a little (or alot). Sounds like some ball bustin is what the doctor ordered for these two.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bp, you're right in that being uncomfortable with my sexuality is a major hurdle to overcome. When I first started going to college, and people would talk about sex, I had the attitude that I was somehow above that--I thought this would show that I was more mature or something. I freely admitted I was a virgiin, thinking people would see it as honorable. I didn't realize that I was probably further isolating myself from people--that they didn't feel they could relate to me--that it actually made me seem less mature. I'm sure they also didn't buy the notion that I was a virgin by choice, as was my intention, but that I was pathetic and couldn't get laid even if I wanted to, which was probably closer to the truth. I would wonder why I wasn't fitting in, but, looking back on it, it's so obvious.

The frustrating thing is, even though I know this now, I still have endless trouble expressing that side of myself. I automatically refrain from it, even though I really want to try it. It's different from not having a clue, because I get the basic concept of what to do, and why I should do it, but I still can't put it to use. It's different from the aspiring DJ, who lacks the knowledge, and just needs a little help in the right direction.

In response to your comment on masturbation--it really has so many negative connotations and is often regarded as a joke, or something that "losers" do. As much as that perception is perhaps a bit unfair, I'd rather not feel worse about myself by getting into that kind of thing. I believe there are other ways to feel comfortable with one's sexuality. Not that I would condemn others for doing it; I believe what people do behind closed doors is their business.

1uftan1, I think you're advice is good, but I had the chance to do that last night, and I still failed at it. If every time I hang out with these girls, I continue to do the same thing, then it's really a waste of time, and I'll just end up feeling worse. I think the more times I go with them, the more likely it will be that I'll just sink into the same habits. Maybe my best bet would be to try out new situations, with different people, and see where I best fit in and feel most comfortable.