Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The online dating game has become a joke and practicaly worthless

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had any success with online dating sites. In my opinion the "Golden Era" of online dating was the late 90's. It was so easy to pull women on AOL back then. Even hot women would message you as long as you had a good ****y/funny profile. All you had to do was message, trade pics through Email, number close, and repeat.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
Good detective work Jaylan, but I read that for every single woman never married with no kids, there are 6 single men. My own experience certainly seems to validate this statistic.

The demographic is starting to catch up with girls born in 1990+. But for Generation X, we had fewer women who were "cherry picked" (pardon the pun) by older, wealthier Baby Boomers who (God knows) had easier access to wealth than we did.

Want proof that there are more single men than women? Look no further than the (disgusting) Cougar Trend. There is no other explanation for this reversal of the (10,000 generation) historical trend of older men/younger women (which leads to more kids and stronger families) than the fact that women suddenly have more choices (and less morals) than men.

Oh and I just love when women try and explain why they prefer younger men - by saying they are more attractive - when it's a well-known fact that women age faster than men.

Attractiveness is primarily based on health, fertility and optimizing the number of offspring. Men don't lose their fertility the way women do, and thus women of all cultures, times and ages have been universally attracted to older men (and vice versa) because it maximizes the number of healthy offspring (the man being 6 years older being optimal). But Sex and the City has brainwashed (35+) women into thinking like (21 year old) men.
Can you cite your sources?

Blackmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Back then most dating sites were free too. I had my first profile on American Singles back in 1995. After that, there was Excite, Yahoo, Love@AOL, which became Match.com.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
handle said:
Can you cite your sources?
(5 single men for every single woman without children - CLASSIC ARTICLE)
http://couplescompany.com/Jungle/TED/datingscene.htm

(Best age difference is 6 or more years for maximum offspring)
http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-the-best-age-difference-for-husband-and-wife

(Men reach sexual peak at 18, women at 35)
http://www.ewtn.com/library/YOUTH/BURDSEX.TXT

(When are women and men most attractive)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110505000302AAc29Wi

(Jaylan is correct about his every feeling)
No known references

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
(5 single men for every single woman without children - CLASSIC ARTICLE)
http://couplescompany.com/Jungle/TED/datingscene.htm

(Best age difference is 6 or more years for maximum offspring)
http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-the-best-age-difference-for-husband-and-wife

(Men reach sexual peak at 18, women at 35)
http://www.ewtn.com/library/YOUTH/BURDSEX.TXT

(When are women and men most attractive)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110505000302AAc29Wi

(Jaylan is correct about his every feeling)
No known references
Lmfao, I can google sources from dot com sites too. How about a .gov or a .edu study. Come on now. Its easy to google sources for any viewpoint on the internet. I mean come on, your sources are a TV network, Testosterone jungle (lmfao btw), and yahoo answers. Get real dude. And your Scientific American link touches mostly on survival of offspring, not much on if women deem younger or older men more physical appealing than the other. Im talking on purely sexual urges, minus other factors. Just getting off.

All I ever said was that naturally youth is attractive and this dude wants to argue that. Whats so hard to see about that. Most models and sex symbols tend to be in their late teens or 20s. Sure guys like Johnny Depp and Tom Cruise are still considered hot by women, but bet you all the young puzzy would rather have them in their young prime. Hell they reached their status as young men, not as old men. They just MAINTAINED that status as older men, they did not achieve it as so.

You will only be right when I start seeing the majority of hot 18 to 25 yr old women with over 30 yr old men. Till then, womp womp

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Well if references come so easy, then why doesn't Jaylan publish references showing that men and women reach their prime at the same time in their 20's? Because no such references exist except his comments in this post.

Note: the ideal age difference for dating is said to be half the man's age plus 7.

So a 22 year old man can be with a 18 year old woman.
And a 30 year old man can be with a 22 year old woman.
And a 36 year old man can be with a 25 year old woman.

So 18-25 year old women date 22-36 year old men (29 on average) - not men over 30.

How would this ratio have been established if men and women reached peak at the same age, or if women aged at the same rate? More media? Yeah, right.

Also note: the average married couple for the past 100 years features a man who is 4 years older than the woman. Not the same age. My average date is 8 years younger.

As the saying goes: "Men age like wine. Women age like milk."

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
When was the last time you saw an attractive girl traveling alone without iPod earpods, or peering down at her smartphone, or without a cell phone glued to her ear?
Fvck, ain't Dat da truth...and it's not just young girls, it's 40 yr old women too orgasming over a text while driving. I saw one just the other day just zoom right through a stop sign as I was wondering why the middle-aged man at the other 4-way stop sign didn't "Go!" cause it was his turn. He saw what I didn't see a texting 40-yr old decent-looking biatch barreling right through STOP.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TIC said:
In the dating ages, let's say 18-35, there are many many more men than women. It's a sausage fest. Online and off.
That's cause no guy wants old women.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
Well if references come so easy, then why doesn't Jaylan publish references showing that men and women reach their prime at the same time in their 20's? Because no such references exist except his comments in this post.

Note: the ideal age difference for dating is said to be half the man's age plus 7.

So a 22 year old man can be with a 18 year old woman.
And a 30 year old man can be with a 22 year old woman.
And a 36 year old man can be with a 25 year old woman.

So 18-25 year old women date 22-36 year old men (29 on average) - not men over 30.

How would this ratio have been established if men and women reached peak at the same age, or if women aged at the same rate? More media? Yeah, right.

Also note: the average married couple for the past 100 years features a man who is 4 years older than the woman. Not the same age. My average date is 8 years younger.

As the saying goes: "Men age like wine. Women age like milk."
where is your proof that most 18 to 25 yr old women date men up to 36...because all i ever see them with is men in their 20s. Please refute my point that men and women generally find the 20s the most attractive age range, because pop culture and media prove me right. and cougars and girls my age do prove me right as well.

just because you, one guy, can date younger girls, and seeks to validate his attractiveness in this thread, doesnt mean that most sexually desired women want guys your age.

we see that you guys arent the first pick. get over it. if this was the case youd see all the hot girls with over 30 men and that doesn happen super often like youd want us to think

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 30 and my girlfriend is 23. I also have a LOT of friends in my age that are getting all sorts of attention from younger chicks.

And yes, men do enter their "prime" when they get a little bit older, this is because woman's sexual prime is based almost solely on her looks, while male's prime is based on much more than that "also looks, but status, personality, social awareness and also his money making abilities, etc." which most of these GROW as you get slightly older, so a man's value actually INCREASES as they age. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying a 40 year old will be more attractive for chicks in their mid 20s, but certainly guys in late twenties, guys around 30 or so taht are still available, for the most part are more attractive to them as a potential mate and more compatible.

Sadly, at the age of 20 something, the women is selling her self at her HIGHEST value that she will ever have, while a male in his 20 something marrying that same chick is sellign him self to her at his LOWEST value he will ever have. In other words, her main asset, her body, is only gonna deteriorate (rapidly) and become saggy and wrinkly. The male on the other hand, is only gonna become more valuable, he will grow in his career and get a few promotions, maybe start a few businesses, he will grow as a person and will become more confident and develop even a stronger personality and character, so he will be WAY MORE valuable in 10 years than his wife at the time of the same 10 years, as her value went down.

Oh, and this is also documented in a few books about human evolution and psychology, so I'm not just pulling it out of my anus with no other valid support lol.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
see but you guys keep talking about total package attraction when all i have said is that on a raw physical sexual level, the 20s(younger folk) are the most desirable for both sexes....hence what we see in many moves, music videos, tv shows etc....and from what men and women say to each other.....you dont think older gals want a romp with a tight, sexy and fit 20 something male?

why do you think we are a prime target for when women hit their sexual prime? we are in our prime performance, as well as our looks and bodies.

as i continue to repeat myself...the most desirable age range of women, the majority of them date young wmen under 30, and you guys see this and know this. i dont know why we argue this.

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan you've got every right to express your opinion but your argument needs to be tighter. You could actually be right, but the way you're arguing it is making it look flimsy.

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/resources/logicalfallacies.aspx

Anyway dude, how are you finding the online game? I have a hunch that everyone in the 18-25 bracket these days will end up with a PoF or Match account, it'll become completely normalised if it isn't already. What are your thoughts about that?

Last edited:

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is going to sound pretty familiar. I had the most success with my online game about three to four years ago. There was a time there where I knew that if I landed that first date then boning her would be a mere formality. These were attractive, adventurous girls (some of them saner than others). It seemed effortless in hindsight and I know my game wasn't that tight at the time.

I'm definitely a much improved product these days but the reality is I'm going much longer between each new piece of azz. Thanks to the apparent scarcity of easy azz my focus has gone from "how can I get even more azz than I am now" to "keeping the rare bit of azz in its proper perspective". Now that it's less easy to come by I find I really need to check myself, make sure that I'm not compromising myself just because there's some azz in the picture this month.

So the situation on the ground probably has changed for the worse, which isn't anything to be thrilled about, but at the end of the day it is just azz.

TIC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
That's cause no guy wants old women.
And rightfully so, men of all ages are attracted to young women. They are not attracted to older women because they cannot produce offspring. This is what nature dictates

Reaction score
Jaylan said:
http://factfinder.census.gov/servle...2009_5YR_G00_S0101&-ds_name=ACS_2009_5YR_G00_

Granted that is USA gender data, Im assuming most guys here live in the states. Some dudes here need to quit with the gender imbalance fallacy. This is not China or some poor African or Eastern European country that promotes males being born over females.

That data up there shows you that for any given age group in the dating game (18 to 35) there exists at the most a 1% difference. Insignificant at best. It comes down to the fact that bars, clubs, and online dating have more men because women dont need to use these avenues to get the guys they want most of the time.

And it also has to do with the fact that men a lot of the time dont know how to game women. Give the amount of men and women in the USA, and the amount of single guys, there will be as many single women as single men. As I said, it may seem like more guys because women dont need to go on the prowl the way many men do, or use the same avenues many guys use. Plus the women I know appear to be far more content when they are single than the guys I have known. And this site shows me this fact even more.

And yeah it def has to do with men going after the same type of woman as well. You can thank euro-centric beauty standards and western control of world wide media for that. But hey, nothing wrong with some competition. I am competitive as fvck and like to feel like I am a winner. So gaming a chick well, that other guys failed with, only strokes my ego lol

Thats something I will never again do. As I have started on self improvement I have realized I am a young, under 25, in shape, stylish, ambitious man with a lot going for him. I have started to realize I am the prize and am above a lot of girls BS.

You dont realize how easy it all is once you "get it" and start to just see through the female ego. Once you show them you couldn't give a fvck if they existed in your life or not, they rush over. Like when I went to the bar Tuesday night with my buddy. 3 or 4 girls in a group, all very cute, and one had an amazing chest lol. I did not even acknowledge them as they danced around this 2/3 empty bar, trying to get every guy to notice them. Me and my buddy just acted nonchalant and they ended up coming over and chatting. Too bad I found out they are in the same sorority as one of my coworkers, and those girls in that house are notorious for being major skanks. No STDz for me =/

Sure I have developed an ego, but I will evaluate a woman's actions the same way she would evaluate mine. I wont let her do things or get away with crap just because of the idea of potential sex. And most guys allow the silliest things for the sake of sex and forgo self respect in the process.

Sure I love to get it in, but I will always keep my standards up and would rather make love to my hand then end up beneath the value that I truly hold.

When asked to give ONE piece of advice to men, above all others, it is this:

AIM HIGH.

Just AIM HIGH.

The rest usually takes care of itself.

Ray Gordon
Bettor Off Single: Why Commitment Is A bad Gamble For Men
http://www.toosmarttofail.com/bos.pdf
FREE!

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wilko said:
This is going to sound pretty familiar. I had the most success with my online game about three to four years ago. There was a time there where I knew that if I landed that first date then boning her would be a mere formality. These were attractive, adventurous girls (some of them saner than others). It seemed effortless in hindsight and I know my game wasn't that tight at the time.

I'm definitely a much improved product these days but the reality is I'm going much longer between each new piece of azz. Thanks to the apparent scarcity of easy azz my focus has gone from "how can I get even more azz than I am now" to "keeping the rare bit of azz in its proper perspective". Now that it's less easy to come by I find I really need to check myself, make sure that I'm not compromising myself just because there's some azz in the picture this month.

So the situation on the ground probably has changed for the worse, which isn't anything to be thrilled about, but at the end of the day it is just azz.
Wilko If more men are going the online route aren't more women as well?
I talk to a lot of women who say they get flooded with creepers and old guys. Ive had several chicks who turned her profile of because they were tired of 50 year old perv's on pof hitting on her. I know right now my game isn't as tight as say 3 years ago (I put on some weight eeh) but I still get msgs and what not (mostly supar women, a cutie every now and then)

This is a great point and one I've been struggling with. Women are so fickle now a days you could be boning her one minute the next she is gone. The truth of the matter is the game has changed, women are starting to act like men i.e. players, using guys for sex and $$$. The roles have reversed, I truly believe this economy has something to do with it. There was a time you could go online and meet a chick the same week hell the same day. Now you gotta wait a week or two THEN take them out on a date, half the time their not worth it.

I went 3 months without any ass,earlier this year didn't have a car so I couldn't hit the field. It was rough and let me tell ya mate while I'm liberal with my standards I don't wish that drought on anyone, nor the chick that I banged to end it

lol

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Solomon said:
Women are so fickle now a days you could be boning her one minute the next she is gone. The truth of the matter is the game has changed, women are starting to act like men i.e. players, using guys for sex and $$$. The roles have reversed, I truly believe this economy has something to do with it.
Exactly.

Feminism is the opposite of the Golden Rule - "Do unto men as you would hate men doing to women."

The economy should have the opposite effect - except most women have kept their menial service jobs while many men have lost their triple figure salaries. The cougar movement is largely about younger men with no jobs gaining access to the wealth of older, wealthier men who were looted in the divorce by their cheating ex wives who then declare their "independence".

Last edited:

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
gaspipe said:
What happened? Why has online dating become such a difficult nut to crack?
Word got out.

Women are constantly looking for a new place. They want to find spots that guys DON'T know about, so maybe they get talked to by one or two good looking guys.

Once the guys find out about it, though, they SWARM the girls, to the point where the girls don't even have a chance to be comfortable and take it at their own pace.

And a lot of them are spazzes pretending to be someone they're not...guys who read something on SoSuave or some article on Men's Health who run game enough to get the girl out of the house, then turn out to be someone different entirely when the girl meets them for the first time.

The environment becomes uncomfortable. So a lot of women just run online dating for amusement and attention.

The best way to "pick up" women is to get into a situation with them where you are as anxious as she is...no more, no less...something that isn't generally construed as a "PU frame", and strike up a casual conversation...then slowly (SLOWLY!!) saturate it with sexuality as she realizes, "hey, he's here, I'm here, he's a guy, I'm a girl...how interesting!!" Places where they only have to deal with one guy at a time, or maybe 2 or 3 tops, hitting on them.

It was easy before, because no one EXPECTED to find anyone worth their time on an online dating site. Now...women can't EVEN sit back and let men come after them because they get so much traffic.

For that reason, a lot of it is a numbers-game. Talk to ten, and maybe ONE will bite on your looks or something in your profile. (whatever "PUAs" say, usually it's more the former than the latter) It's not because the other nine aren't into guys like you, it's because you're the 50th message today and honestly, after going through the first 25 (20 of which probably contained lewd comments or pictures), they just don't have the energy to deal with more guys, even the good ones.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^ what Squirrels said.

And stop taking online so seriously. It's a game. I barely think of these chicks as real people until I get them out in public.

Besides, 90% of them end up looking worse than their pictures. It's a damn shame. All my profile pics were REAL pictures taken by OTHER PEOPLE. Chicks will spend 3 hours each night taking their own picture from various angles, trying to find one that hides their double chin or love handles. I've met two chicks online whose physical looks met or exceeded the standard of their pics

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wilko If more men are going the online route aren't more women as well?
Yeah, I'm sure there is some disparity between the numbers of men and women online but I don't think it's a massive imbalance. I think the one-sidedness comes about primarily because women are for the most part, very passive participants in the dating game (another reason why being a man rules).

Double the number of men on a dating site and you double the number of contact requests bouncing around the network. Whereas if you double the number of women the difference in the amount of message traffic is negligible (because they're comparatively passive participants). Men are basically having to make up for the share of communication that women aren't doing. So as the user base expands (in roughly equal male and female proportions) that extra communication has to go somewhere, and it ends up in the average Jane's inbox, and we're now seeing sites collapsing and becoming unusable under that lopsided weight.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if women today are also saying that the online game worked much better for them a few years ago! But the point is, that despite the small(?) gender imbalance the dysfunction in online dating is happening because women continue to be too passive in the way that they participate.