The online dating game has become a joke and practicaly worthless

gaspipe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember the good old days in the early 2000s. Thats when I officially joined match (circa 2001) and some other nascient online dating sites like yahoo. Back then, luring girls to my pad and banging them after a few email exchanges was like shooting fish in a barrel. I would email a girl a couple of times and after about two or three exchanges she would be at my doorstep and the rest was history. Mind you these girls were at least in the 7-8 range and an occasional 8.75. No fuglies or whales.

Today Id be fortunate to repeat my past exploits without great effort and expense. Its just not worth it. Even the 5s and 6s think their shyt smells like roses these days and expect you to wine them and dine them before putting out. Anything above a 7 seems out of reach unless you exhibit high value characteristics, i,e drive a bently, are wealthy, have supermodel good looks, etc. Whereas before I was living in a small one bedroom apartment, drove a regular car, etc. yet still had the bytches lining up to get plowed.

What happened? Why has online dating become such a difficult nut to crack?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I hear you. Part of it is that we're older now, but I agree that somehow women's egos have universally risen in the past decade.

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m something of a POF junkie having been on/off the site for four years and have been watching it circle the drain recently. A year or two ago I was cleaning up with so many numbers my biggest focal point was trying to manage them all. Lately I'm struggling to get anywhere. Same profile using the same techniques, so I know it isn't me. If I get five phone numbers, I'm lucky to meet one girl of the lot. I used to bang one in five. My best guess is that more and more men, especially with game, are flooding these sites.

I think that POF is full of woman who just can’t be satisfied. Proof? They have adopted it as their new homes. Same faces, same profiles, always online, year after year hanging out to inflate their egos, not much more. I also believe that online dating corrupts women. Learning they can have limitless attention while shopping for guys from the comfort of their own home, why would they ever settle for one guy?

gaspipe said:
Even the 5s and 6s think their shyt smells like roses these days and expect you to wine them and dine them before putting out
Depressingly true and it does nothing but lower your self-esteem. After being turned away by girls far below me, I would look in the mirror and start thinking that maybe I was really ugly. But the truth is I'm 27, slim build and pretty good looking.

Online dating in a nutshell:

- Low quality girls with queen like standards and a shopping list of “requirements” the size of a congressional health-care reformation package.

- Respond back saying they're interested and can't wait to hear back from you, but after replying, you never hear back from them….WTF?

- Most are beneath the average guy financially and educationally with the majority of them having so much baggage it's not even funny.

- Most simply stick up a profile hoping top notch guys in a number of areas will find them and fill their inbox.

- 96% of them are either, both or all: obese, overweight, suffer from psychological problems, single slutty mothers, discriminators, seeking attention, drug addicts, flakers, time wasters, cheaters, married and cheating, poor hygiene, lie about their education and carreer, only care about money (which pretty much incorporates all women after the 60′s feminazi movement), man hating, can’t cook, can’t clean, psychopaths, low class, etc.

- You can do better out in public places than you can on that site.

The bottom line:

A decent woman doesn’t need to go on the internet to find a guy

Last edited:

Smock

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything explained here is true. What I don't like about on-line dating is the lack of action. To me, you really don't look like a man if you do online dating. It's best to be in front of a woman giving eye contact, smiling, talking etc. You look much much more like the action type if you approach that way.
Online dating nowadays is just a marketing scam to get your money.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made a POF account last week. But just because I have one doesn't mean I don't approach girls. I still do that every chance I get. I thought POF would be a place where I could add some extra poon. Well so far a moderate amount of fatties have messaged me + the "Virgin" girl. All giving me their numbers but I need a pretty girl so I don't even bother with them. So far it has been a bust. But theres nothing wrong with tryint to get extra poon. I'm not going out of my way to do this and hopefully I can get that extra poon.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the_stig said:
The truth.:up:

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had incredible success rates and dry spells in the 11 months I've tried online dating. I guess I sound like a cheap mofo, but paying about 30 bucks a month to have the oppty to meet a massive amount of chicks is alot better for me than going to a club and laying down $60 (cover/drinks) for 1 night.
However, I think that online dating is starting to resemble a drunken nightclub at 1:30 AM; A lot more guys than girls.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the whole online dating thing sounded like a joke to me from the start.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
gaspipe brings up a good point - I often hear from older guys that the online dating in the good ol' days was like shooting fish in a barrel, nothing like it is today. So why has online dating changed for the worse so quickly?

The 2000s saw a dramatic acceleration in the growth of female-centric communications technology - namely, the explosion of texting, social networking, and online dating. Yet most romance-related advice for men was developed in the late 90s/early 2000s, before smartphones and Facebook. IMO romance and seduction advice hasn't kept pace with the evolution of communications technology.

All the growth in technology has had a negative effect on the game for men. Simply, girls today have too many distractions and too many options. When was the last time you saw an attractive girl traveling alone without iPod earpods, or peering down at her smartphone, or without a cell phone glued to her ear?

There was a time when “getting a number” actually meant something. You’d call her home and she’d pick up, you’d have an actual phone conversation, and you’d set up a date. Seems like something from the Jurassic period, but the older guys here will attest to this.

Now it’s 2011. How many threads have we read here where a guy seemingly has a great interaction with a girl in a bar and gets the number, only to have the girl screen out his call or ignore his texts the next day? “Flaking” as a verb didn’t exist in the 90s or earlier – flakes were something that came with dandruff.

It’s funny to read guys in here still crowing about getting numbers. Fellas, numbers means nothing. Girls today give out their number like candy on Halloween. How many of those numbers are translating to dates and lays?

This undercurrent is reflected in the current bar and club scene - the constant smartphones, the constant texting and Facebooking, the constant pics-with-digital-cameras and attention-wh*ring, the constant flaking. Of course, none of this was epidemic in the late 90s/early 00s or earlier because the technology didn’t exist.

It's also reflected in online dating where a guy will exchange emails with a girl, have great rapport, and the girl will suddenly disappear when he pushes for a meet.

Game 1.0 is dead. It’s time for Game 2.0 – game in the smartphone era. Men must adapt, and women must hold themselves accountable for flaky behaviour.

The Pedantical

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, I just feel the only way to find a really good quality girl is to meet in person right away and approach her directly either a stranger or someone with common friends at an event or something.

But on these dating sites... girls get like 20-30 messages a day from men too scared to say anything to them in person. It's like "hey... I like you, let's hang out together." Their inbox is flooded like crap. The male-female ratio on these things is sad. You talk to a girl on these sites and their attention isn't on you because when she's reading your email she's got like a dozen pop-up windows with other guys she's talking to at the same time.

You could be the top DJ in the history of the world and still have a crapload of trouble finding anyone on those sites.

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i have had a pof account on and off for about 7 years, so i have an extended amount of experience. when i first started out, i couldnt get a response to save my life. but once i figured it out, i had more phone #'s, and dates then i could handle. but that was several years ago and the game has changed drastically. some things like the rules are the same but the playing field is totally different. online dating today is starting to become more and more normal so there are a lot more poeple doing it, mostly men who cant get laid.

but here's a couple of problems. a woman puts her profile up with very limited info about herself. she just posts a couple of hot pics of her in a bikini, or right before she goes out on a sat night in her sexy club wear. the girl never really does much seeking or initiates by sending first contact emails. she expects you to contact her first just like she expects you to approach her in a bar. she doesnt need to email you first cause her inbox is full with 100 boring emails from lovable loser AFC guys. she doesnt even have the time to respond to them all, and deletes most of them. another problem is one that pisses me off more than anything. if you read what girls say they want in their profile is the complete opposite of how you can attract this same woman if you approached her in a bar. she may go on a couple of dates with different guys, but gets bored with them too. they are then frustrated and delete their profiles. most times when that happens they will put their profiles back up again but this time have a negative indifference about online dating and will be even more picky the 2nd time, 3rd time and so on. and trust me i see some of the same girls profiles i saw 7 years ago. sometimes they dont delete them and their profile just sits there, and the site will brag about how many womens profiles are on their site. i also believe some sites hire models to put up fake profiles just so they can have a certain number of attractive women in your searches. and we already know their are some dudes that do this as well, i'll admit i'm guilty of it too, but please dont forget to delete them.

the ratio of guys to girls is about 100 to 1, so its basically a sausage fest. so 1000 guys are comepeting for 100 girls who are semi attractive. now days the odds are just not very good.

one good thing is that new women put up profiles all the time, so there are new waves of women every couple of months or so. i really only use pof when i'm in a dry spell, or i've been too busy to go out, or i'm traveling somewhere in the future. but the bottom line is, its much easier, and faster, to approach a woman in a bar, game her, and have her in your bed that night or a couple of days later. online game may take a couple of weeks of emails to get a phone #, then about another week of talking, then another week to get the date. way too slow for my taste.

The Pedantical

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well they might get 100 emails in their inbox but like most of them are very short messages that guys send to everyone... so if you write her a real message that's intended for HER you're not just one message out of a hundred you're like... one message out of 10, 20? Still bad odds though.

But these sites they give people the wrong impression. They give people the impression that men are horny and women aren't. It's like an alternate universe, it's not reality.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On top of the females not replying, replying once or twice and disappearing, or never agreeing to meet, I ran into a new problem recently. I managed to meet up with about 7 or 8 girls from POF and some from OKcupid over the past few weeks. None of them were attractive and I didn't get any closes from any of them. I had taken a break from women for a few months and started back up a few weeks ago. A few months back I was closing 50% to 90% of the girls that met up. So now if you even do get a meetup it might not materialize into anything. It's pretty discouraging that it can change that drastically almost over night.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone explain this to me.

Assuming monogamy and a 1 to 1 gender ratio, there should be an equal number of single women and single men.

But we know that this isn't reflected in the online dating world.

Let's assume a 3 to 1 ratio of men to women on an online dating site. Let's assume that they're all single.

This means that in a sample of 100, there are 75 single men and 25 single women.

Now we know there's a 1 to 1 ratio of men to women in the general population.

Yet online, for those 75 single men, we only see 25 single women.

Thus, there are 50 single women "missing" from online dating sites.

Who are these women fvcking?

TIC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:

Assuming monogamy and a 1 to 1 gender ratio, there should be an equal number of single women and single men.

Let's assume a 3 to 1 ratio of men to women on an online dating site. Let's assume that they're all single.

This means that in a sample of 100, there are 75 single men and 25 single women.

No, the 3:1 ratio translates to real life as well. There really are more men than women, but only in the relevant dating ages. That's what people always seem to miss. It's a misleading statistic. If you have your pick of the litter at age 65, what good will it do you? Your golden days are gone and sex at this point is gross and disgusting

Men die off before women so everything evens out in the end, but old age does not matter in relation to this. In the dating ages, let's say 18-35, there are many many more men than women. It's a sausage fest. Online and off.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
The Pedantical said:
You talk to a girl on these sites and their attention isn't on you because when she's reading your email she's got like a dozen pop-up windows with other guys she's talking to at the same time.

You could be the top DJ in the history of the world and still have a crapload of trouble finding anyone on those sites.
This seems to apply to women in general - their phones are virtual online dating services. It's a race to the bottom, where only the top 1% can really make it.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Truth

EEH OP GREAT POST AND I DISCUSS THIS HERE

http://sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=185340
^^OF COURSE THE HATERS CAME THROUGH, BUT THE REALITY IS ONLINE DATING SUCKS. I REMEMBER BACK IN 2001-2004 BACK IN COLLEGE A BUDDY AND I USE TO CLEAN UP HOUSE. I USE TO MEET/TALK TO A DIFFERENT CHICK VIRTUALLY EVERY WEEK

the_stig said:
I’m something of a POF junkie having been on/off the site for four years and have been watching it circle the drain recently. A year or two ago I was cleaning up with so many numbers my biggest focal point was trying to manage them all. Lately I'm struggling to get anywhere. Same profile using the same techniques, so I know it isn't me. If I get five phone numbers, I'm lucky to meet one girl of the lot. I used to bang one in five. My best guess is that more and more men, especially with game, are flooding these sites.

I think that POF is full of woman who just can’t be satisfied. Proof? They have adopted it as their new homes. Same faces, same profiles, always online, year after year hanging out to inflate their egos, not much more. I also believe that online dating corrupts women. Learning they can have limitless attention while shopping for guys from the comfort of their own home, why would they ever settle for one guy?

Depressingly true and it does nothing but lower your self-esteem. After being turned away by girls far below me, I would look in the mirror and start thinking that maybe I was really ugly. But the truth is I'm 27, slim build and pretty good looking.

Online dating in a nutshell:

- Low quality girls with queen like standards and a shopping list of “requirements” the size of a congressional health-care reformation package.

- Respond back saying they're interested and can't wait to hear back from you, but after replying, you never hear back from them….WTF?

- Most are beneath the average guy financially and educationally with the majority of them having so much baggage it's not even funny.

- Most simply stick up a profile hoping top notch guys in a number of areas will find them and fill their inbox.

- 96% of them are either, both or all: obese, overweight, suffer from psychological problems, single slutty mothers, discriminators, seeking attention, drug addicts, flakers, time wasters, cheaters, married and cheating, poor hygiene, lie about their education and carreer, only care about money (which pretty much incorporates all women after the 60′s feminazi movement), man hating, can’t cook, can’t clean, psychopaths, low class, etc.

- You can do better out in public places than you can on that site.

The bottom line:

BRO YOU AIn't lying, chicks on POF I wouldn't dear approach out on the field unless it was 1:55 on a Saturday night
thevilittletroll said:
i have had a pof account on and off for about 7 years, so i have an extended amount of experience. when i first started out, i couldnt get a response to save my life. but once i figured it out, i had more phone #'s, and dates then i could handle. but that was several years ago and the game has changed drastically. some things like the rules are the same but the playing field is totally different. online dating today is starting to become more and more normal so there are a lot more poeple doing it, mostly men who cant get laid.

but here's a couple of problems. a woman puts her profile up with very limited info about herself. she just posts a couple of hot pics of her in a bikini, or right before she goes out on a sat night in her sexy club wear. the girl never really does much seeking or initiates by sending first contact emails. she expects you to contact her first just like she expects you to approach her in a bar. she doesnt need to email you first cause her inbox is full with 100 boring emails from lovable loser AFC guys. she doesnt even have the time to respond to them all, and deletes most of them. another problem is one that pisses me off more than anything. if you read what girls say they want in their profile is the complete opposite of how you can attract this same woman if you approached her in a bar. she may go on a couple of dates with different guys, but gets bored with them too. they are then frustrated and delete their profiles. most times when that happens they will put their profiles back up again but this time have a negative indifference about online dating and will be even more picky the 2nd time, 3rd time and so on. and trust me i see some of the same girls profiles i saw 7 years ago. sometimes they dont delete them and their profile just sits there, and the site will brag about how many womens profiles are on their site. i also believe some sites hire models to put up fake profiles just so they can have a certain number of attractive women in your searches. and we already know their are some dudes that do this as well, i'll admit i'm guilty of it too, but please dont forget to delete them.

the ratio of guys to girls is about 100 to 1, so its basically a sausage fest. so 1000 guys are comepeting for 100 girls who are semi attractive. now days the odds are just not very good.

one good thing is that new women put up profiles all the time, so there are new waves of women every couple of months or so. i really only use pof when i'm in a dry spell, or i've been too busy to go out, or i'm traveling somewhere in the future. but the bottom line is, its much easier, and faster, to approach a woman in a bar, game her, and have her in your bed that night or a couple of days later. online game may take a couple of weeks of emails to get a phone #, then about another week of talking, then another week to get the date. way too slow for my taste.
EPIC POST, THIS IS SO TRUE

Guys one of the things I do is,

1. I only Message women that view me, I don't waste my time sending out random messages to chicks its a waste of my time

2. Switch your profile picture every week or so it will show that you just updated it and will put you first in the search que. Also make sure your pics are up to date and that you look dapper

:D

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:

The top guys who are best looking, naturals etc are tieing up or fuking about 3-4 girls a piece. A lot of them may even be married or have a GF too.Then throw in the fact that a majority of guys 18-40 and from every race is looking for about the same thing a white, 20-something year old, hot female. It's no wonder it seems like there is 10 men for every woman because there effectively is.

Look at it this way even at a 1:1 ratio of men and women. You have 10 guys and 10 girls, but practically every one of those guys are going to hit on every woman. So you got 10 guys for every woman. Now of course this is an oversimplification, but it just points out that even at a 1:1 ratio most guys are screwed. What we have though is more like a 3 men to 1 women ratio or maybe higher for the attractive young female.