"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

The ones who started at the bottom

bob246

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Age
40
I really am at the bottom at the moment. Im 18 and got no job and dont know if i will go to college. I physically am looking awful and need to take steps to do something about it. Mentally im on a low. Girls arent in my mind at all. I got to sort myself out and i know it will take a long long time. If i dont feel good about myself and dont like myself, i cant have a girlfriend.

Id just like to know for the people who have started at the bottom. Is the hard work worth it? Did you make it? Id like to hear some success stories for some motivation.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
4,366
Reaction score
8
Being at the bottom should be your biggest motivator for success.

First read "Awaken the Giant Within" (Anthony Robbins) to change your thinking.

Second actually do what the book says.

Third spend the ENTIRE WEEK, 10 hours every day, thinking over what goal you want to achieve in life. Write it down and pin it over your bed/computer/bedroom door. Read it every day.

Fourth, write a plan, STEP-BY-STEP on how you want to achieve that goal. Start from the BEGINNING. If you want to be rich, work out how to make $10 first, then $100, than $1K.


The MOST IMPORTANT thing is to actually do it. If you never take the FIRST STEP you won't make it.
 

bob246

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Age
40
thanks for the advice dude. My problem is that i find it hard to stay motivated everyday coz i know its such a long journey. Its like i want it all tomorrow. I really am finding it hard to stay motivated day in day out, and the thing im worried about is, what if i do all the hard work and dont get all i want? Thats my fear, doing all the work for nothing coz if you think about it i aint really 100% guaranteed to make it.
 

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
545
Reaction score
14
Nothing worth having was ever easy. Part of being a DJ is to have lofty goals and struggle to accomplish them as best you can. In terms of motivation, what ever you plan to do, you have to want it for yourself.

-Grey Fox
 

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
I agree with diplomatic_lies and Grey Fox.

You will not get anywhere unless you start. Don't be affraid that you will not get ALL you want. You won't. And you don't really want that either. Throughout your whole life, you will need to have goals to keep you going. If you get everything you want, you will get bored out of your brain. Think of life as a game where you have to continue to try to get to the next level. And love the journey, not the destination.

The key in getting success is to start seeing things in a positive light. Stop seeing the worst in everything. Think about what bothers you most about yourself and start there. You don't like the fact that you don't have a job? Go out and look for one. Once you have that job, work on your body.. start working out and stuff.

Take babysteps. Don't think you will be able to change overnight, but approach every problem at a time and work on it. Solving these problems one by one will make you happier about yourself, and you will stay focussed all the time and start working towards the next level.

Remember: Think positive and keep playing..
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
really, a lesson I learned in life is y ou can do anything if you have a freaking plan on how do do it, rather then just winging it. I plan everything now from dates, to my daily routine, to my meals to what I wear on certain days, to my goals.

I am fortuate to have good genes, am I am pretty good looking, but I wasn't where I wanted to be, and I still am not there. I just work harder and know that everyday I give my best, is a day I can mark off to being one step closer to my goals.
 

bob246

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Age
40
wow great advice from all of you, seriously thanks. caveman you definitly made me see it all in a new light, special thanks to you. each day i will work on my dream. i will get there. peace
 

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
Good for you man!

Keep us posted.
 

bob246

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Age
40
yea i definitly will. if i ever feel im close to slacking off, i will read this thread.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Bob Cat, relax guy, you are only 17 - you didn't even start your journey to manhood yet!

One thing I can guarantee you - you will have greater stress, problems and struggles as you get older - enjoy the journey!

Take life as it comes - change things for ther better that you have the power to change. For the things that you cannot change do not worry about, it'll just add more unnecessary stress to your life!!!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top