"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

The one thing I will NEVER say to a woman.........

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
Is "I'm sorry". It is the fastest way to lose frame, shift the paradigm of power and look beta.

Period.

I know some people's first response will be "But what if you do something wrong and you ARE sorry"? Let me explain....

Part of why I can manage a rotation and control a solid frame comes down to a few things:

1.) I do what I want. End of story. I do what benefits me. If I speak or ACT I have put some type of thought into those words or actions. If I have analyzed the outcome, and I am ok with that outcome (both good and bad), why would I be sorry if a chick doesnt like something that I said or did?

2.) I might down play something in order to smooth it over by saying "I didnt mean it like that" or "Its not what you are making it out to be", "you are taking it the wrong way".

But you will never hear Glassguy say those 2 magical words that instantly kill frame with a woman.

There are endless stories on here about how man does something to p!ss off the woman. The first thing he does say "I'm sorry". Sure that might smooth things over at the time, but over time he is losing frame, crumb by crumb until the woman no longer respects him. You will not prove me wrong on this theory.

If you do something that upsets a woman, own it. You made your decision and her decision on the choice that you made doesnt matter. So long as you have put a little thought in to your decision making and are ok making the decision that best suits your benefit and not hers. Think about that for a second.

When you become a TAKER rather than being a beta GIVER, you are making the choice to do what is ultimately best for you in every sense. When you start out a relationship (GF, FWB, Plate,etc) by doing so, women respect it and they will understand that is who you are.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
6,239
Reaction score
4,962
Fully agreed... You may think to yourself that by saying sorry, you are doing the right thing.. And she will totally appreciate your honesty!

He'll no... That bish will start seeing you as some kinda weak azz beta faggot.

Honestly.. Never say sorry.. Even if you are wrong!! Stick with your guns and keep frame.

Like glass guy said, no harm in smoothing things over... But sorry? Once you say that, she will totally play your azz.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
Exactly what to say to an ex that broke up with you and suggest trying to work it out again while she already saw 10 other guys while you were pining away on her.
 

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,415
Reaction score
7,937
Age
57
The only exception I (as a chick) take to this is when a man has gone too much ass hole on something.

And my ex BF, who generally does not lose frame under any circumstances will own his actions if they were out of line. He’ll say typically, “That’s on me & that wasn’t cool.” He’ll say “I apologize” if there is a legit behavior where an apology is appropriate.

So he rarely says he’s sorry. He will apologize if (and only if) it’s truly warranted.

But. This is not a man who supplicates. He has concrete frame so for him to own his “stuff” doesn’t diminish him, rather it shows his humanity.

But for the usual man who isn’t in command of himself & his frame I agree with Glassguy. You erode yourself saying you’re sorry for silly stuff. Only apologize where it’s legit appropriate or you do weaken your frame. If your apologies are only when truly legit appropriate you will earn respect and you will not erode your frame.

It depends on mindset and how you as a man handle yourself & your business.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

worldknown

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
44
Reaction score
13
Age
38
Context is important here. Are we talking LTR or for spinning plates. Depending on the scenario you could be hurting yourself and long term future prospects:

Spinning plates - sure I can buy this

LTR- I don’t see this working in a LTR. If you are under the perception that saying sorry causes you to lose frame then that’s some really clown thinking. Good luck being single for the rest of your life. Plenty of dudes have strong AF frames yet know when to pick and choose their battles. We’re all human, we all make mistakes. No one wants to date an egotistical *******.

What if you ****ed up? Can you still be the most valuable person in a relationship and still say sorry while holding frame? Sure sounds reasonable

Your advice might work for people focused on spinning plates but if you’re running LTR game you’re going to have to be humble sometimes, and that means realizing when you’re wrong.

I laugh when people give advice based on absolutes. My 2 cents
 
Last edited:

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
Gotta agree!
When I was a young boy I remember how much I naturally could not bring myself to say sorry.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
You know those sitcoms?... you know...
these are the ones where men are finally 'allowed' to get a "men's night out" and they sit around telling each other how much of a man they are toward their wives (but as the TV viewer, we knew that this is not the case).

... or Shakespeare's "Hamlet" ... where there's something about "doth protest[ing] too much?"

Could it be that there are some forum members that personify the above examples.

I'm thinking... yes.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
Personally, I freely admit if I’m wrong. After all, denial of the facts doesn't change them. Funny thing is that this seems to pIss women off even more. Because… more than once they've said that I acknowledge my error before they get a chance to rip.

I suppose that if a man is ‘hostage’ to a female’s reaction and/or lacks security within themselves.. then perhaps that would explain a prideful/pretentious type behavior.

If I’m sorry about something, I’m as transparent as with any other topic.

The only similarity that I may have with most of you above.... is that I do not ask for forgiveness.
 
Last edited:

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
Agreed!

I believe the increase of apologizing stems from the growth of the middle class, where being polite often supercedes having a backbone.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

xplt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
519
Reaction score
471
I figured this out the hard way.....which is the best way because it sticks.

Long ago.......
Me too... apologizing only gave her proof that I was in the wrong. Although I wasn't. Never used that word again since.
 

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,537
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
I’m going to hard disagree with this. Sorry is an important word when utilizing tactical empathy... a skill one must master to have any time of healthy relationship with other people.

I say sorry often, but the trick is is how and when to say it. I like to use “sorry” when saying no, as it shows a degree of tact. I don’t use sorry ever to apologize. For example:

When a woman asks me something and my answer is no, “sorry I can’t” sounds a lot more empathetic then “no,” but they convey the exact same point and maintain the exact same frame.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,537
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
Hahaha you think. Coolio. Be apologetic but be honest and come back and tell us the REAL story when your apologizing to your hot wife. We would all love to hear how your frame holds up.
Goid gawd save us from the fem centric idiots out here.
Reading comprehension is clearly absent. What did I say about apologizing?
 
Top