the official what (not) to do thread!

fireguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
everyone, me and a number of other members think this would be a good idea for a thread; everyone posts up the mistakes they made during their Don Juan career so that beginning DJs may benefit from them and not make those same mistakes.

alright i'll start off with a couple of my own;

- Being a nice guy, acting like a friend instead of a flirty lover
- Thinking "shes too good for me"

there's a couple more, but...let's hear it from the rest of you!

pretty women make us *buy* beer, ugly women make us *drink* beer - the allknowing Al Bundy

Rogerman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, i tell you what im currently working..

My inner confidence..
My kino skills ( needs work )
My power of Detachment

Maybnoob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rogerman
Well, i tell you what im currently working..

My inner confidence..
My kino skills ( needs work )
My power of Detachment

I find working on inner confidence to be the most important too

ApocalypseCow2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, guys, guys, you are being far too easy on yourselves. We need *examples* here. I'll start:

- Telling a girl who said she didn't want to date me until the semester was over that she was "worth waiting for."

- A first date of renting a movie

- For awhile, my dates generally consisted of taking a girl out to eat, and then asking her what she wanted to do.

- Saying "Aw, do you have to go now?" as a girl left my apartment.

- Writing the full solutions to a bunch of homework problems and then giving it to a girl to help her study. Cuz y'know, nothing drives chicks wild like a guy who stays home at night and writes up the answer key to homework problems.

t00dumb

Don Juan
Reaction score
- her today " are you doing anything? "
- me "nope!"
- her tomorrow " are you doing anything? "
- me "nope!"
(never put yourself being always available to her)

- me "here's the music/movie you've asked for, hope you like it!"
(never do things out of sincerity such as small gifts)

- me "no no let me drive, i like to!"
(don't let her ride your back)

- me "it's okay you can bring you friend too, i don't mind"
(very common situations among pre-djs, avoid at all cost)

- me "hey i got a poem i wrote for you"
(never show/hint any feelings towards her)

- me "i guess you're busy i'll let you go"
(never let her feel that your time isn't worth investing"

Maybnoob

Don Juan
Reaction score
The real what not to do is wait a whole year thinking aobut a girl and only to never even get the nerves to do the simplest thing as smiling at her when she looks at you, or even talk to her. Then to leave school never haveing talked to her and seeing what could have been. That is the worst thing you could do, cos that way you wouldnt even get a chance to make a mistake.

t00dumb

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maybnoob
The real what not to do is wait a whole year thinking aobut a girl and only to never even get the nerves to do the simplest thing as smiling at her when she looks at you, or even talk to her. Then to leave school never haveing talked to her and seeing what could have been. That is the worst thing you could do, cos that way you wouldnt even get a chance to make a mistake.
been there :(

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maybnoob
Yap, it defiently sucked.

nonstop

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. not approaching

it's as simple as that, if you are with your friends and feel embarrassed if you approach and a girl blows you out then don't go with your friends.

if you approach AT LEAST you get to talk to her.

if you DONT you get NOTHING.

approach approach approach if you don't you get nothing, be a man and approach goddammit! otherwise girls will think you're a pvssy and not worth talking to. remember if they make eyes with you and you don't approach then they loose too, they are thinking "damn, why did I make eyes with that guy he wont even approach me, why did I choose the wrong one"

don't read it, do it, go to a club/pub/bar on your own or with friends it doesn't matter. Just do it. yes you!

shut down the computer and go to a bar/pub right now!! yes you!! yes really you!! stop it, stop thinking this isn't about you. Stop being a geek and start being a man, Girls want to get with you, yes you!! really they do! don't believe me? I'm not joking! the only guys they get to meet are the weird ones, the ones who can exist outside their body. Their crying out for a real catch like you! if only you would approach when they made eyes at you and prove yourself a man, a warrior. Don't wait for a green light from god, it will never come, a brief flash of the eyes is all you will get. and then their attention will be with someone else. this is your moment, don't worry that she is dancing/talking with someone else, she looked at you! yes you! in the eyes! if only for a second!

Prove to yourself that you are able, the struggle between man and boy is the hardest of them all. hmm to be a boy is to be soo youthful so playful, so nice, to be a man is to be so lonely so hard and cold! no!! to be a man is to be free, to be independent, to make something of everything and enjoy it.

even the best looking guy in the world is nothing unless he approaches, he may as well be the ugliest, don't wait for girls to approach, they wont, their too pvssy, don't be a pvssy. Be attractive have the guts and don't wait.

Live your life like a rock star.

Last edited:

the12thplanet

Don Juan
Reaction score
girl trying to decide wether to stay with her boyfriend of 2 years or leave him and date me.

Her: What do you think i should do?

Me: Do whats in your heart.

:down:

Dev

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is something not to do.
Girl tells you she doesn't want to get involved in anything. You still want her. A month later you end up with her best friend. And in the end you still want her.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't try to impress. Girls see right through this.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Know when to push and know when to pull - it should be a song!

It's the balance of attention thing, even in the very beginning. EVERYONE is insecure about how they act and what they're doing and not doing when they REALLY like someone else. Use it to your advantage!

Make sure it's a two-way street with more traffic on her side of the rode in the beginning (if you know she really likes you). If she could take or leave you, then you've got some pushing to do and marketing yourself.

Give her attention, and then poof, you're gone and busy and just don't have time. If she likes you alot, she'll be back :)

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So one time I wrote a song about a girl I was hanging out with. It was on my computer screen, and I left for a little while. She ended up coming back up with me when I got home.

She went into my room, and I went to do something else for a minute. I come back and she's reading the song I wrote about her.

Thank god it didn't actually have her name in it, so she didn't actually know it was about her. (which is good because it was NOT a love song.)

Yea, so don't do that.