Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Official Self-Belief Think Tank

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The older I get the more I realize how many things were possible for me when I was younger, but I simply didn't believe in my ability to pull these things off. In all of these cases it was literally the simple lack of self-belief that defeated me. There existed no tangible reason why I couldn't have attempted and achieved any given enterprise.

Let's put our minds together here. I'd like to hear about YOUR insights & methods for developing solid self-belief.

How does one overcome a lack of belief in themselves on a global scale, and how does one overcome a lack of belief in themselves in specific circumstances? Both the macro level of self-doubt and the situation-specific are worthy of discussion here.

I'll refrain right now from posting my ideas on this until some feedback starts rolling in. I don't want to dissuade anyone from writing who might be thinking along my lines.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found Anthony Robbin's book Awaken the Giant Within an incredible help in effecting immediate change in myself.

All I can advise is that if today you are committed to changing your beliefs, be NAIVE. The greatest of successes come when the mind isn't bound bu self imposed limitations.

carrot

Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to ask for help those already there where you want to go
from my past ,it was my ego,comfort zone that stopped me to avoid failure

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent topic.

I'll start off with this: I am a Christian and I believe that the Lord created every person for a purpose. We can choose to fulfill that purpose or choose not to. We are all unique in that aspect, so I'm just throwing this out there.

Now, for things we can personally do to help ourselves. I know I personally want my self-esteem to not be a product of my occupation or career. But is this just because I have not found what I truly enjoy doing (in regards to making money)? Ie, is this a cop-out or rationalization by my own self? Still trying to figure that out.

All I can say is that the only real true awakening I've ever had was sitting back, taking time to myself daily, and praying. Thinking abstract. Writing ideas down and doing things, making mistakes, then doing things differently. Proving things to yourself. That's where real confidence comes from, accomplishing things, no matter how small.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm cursed with being a hedonist...

...and a scientist.

So, I find myself "experimenting" to "find the path of least resistance".

"Nope, that sucked... I'll try this now."

After reading Kerouac and Thoreau and some other heady stuff, and after trying many things and being successful at them, I can see that my world is wide open. I'm willing to try things that could make me happier (give me more pleasure) and fail at them.

The world is a smorgasbord of adventures to sample from, time is my limiting factor. Well, there is the money thing, but that's an illusion we can opt-in to or opt-out of. It's used to supplement "time". Money is a short-cut to the adventure: it's like a cheat code entered before you play the video-game. Using money to that end cheats you of the FULL experience.

There are millions of adventures to be on that don't require money at all. There are so many free things for the having, so many places to stand, views to see... you need zero dollars. I have feet, and I have hands: where I go and what I do/make/touch is a matter of simply what occurs to me to prioritize.

I could build a sailboat out of garbage lumber and see the world, or, I could envision living in a forest and start planting trees in a barren field. I could plant the trees, sail the world, then come back to the forest, if I work it right.

I find myself over-riding self-doubt by reciting a little mantra of mine: "We have the technology."

We have the technology.

Think about that. Often, we don't see true realities, we only have "perceptions". I test my perceptions, and reduce elements to their true realities. I can do a lot more than I know, we have the technology, I just haven't arrived at those realities yet.

If "X = Pleasure", than find time (t): "23563/3(L) + 489.23(Xu - Xt) - 365"
I'm sure there is an answer to be found using that method, but, perhaps considering a simpler formula is the best course?

ChrisFloyd

Banned
Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
Well, I am not sure I understand the question...but I think the key is age and experience.

Things that seem like a world-ender when you were 20..............seem like everyday events now that you have been through them several times.

For example, a breakup.

When it is your FIRST, SERIOUS LTR, the breakup seems world-ending. Once you have had a "few" of those, or worse (better?) a divorce...............you realize a relationship has ended, but a relationship only. NOT your entire life, just a portion of your life. You have closed that chapter and opened a new one.

I think the saying "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger " has alot of validity if viewed in the right way.
I don't think there are any shortcuts to get to this state, only life experience.
I think that is why when I talk about one of my current "crises" with one of my elderly neighbors, they respond with a smile and give off a "it will all work out smile". They have been through similar....
FYI that smile is the "It is what it is, deal with it, son" smile, not the "it will all work out smile". :)

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
When I was in highschool, sophomore year, my grades and physique were **** along with my well being about everything. I saw everything as impossible, losing weight was impossible, getting good grades impossible etc.

So I decided enough is enough, after reading "How to become an alpha male " by John Alexander, this helped me more with life than with women. What helped me was affirmations, I told myself I could do it. For example there was this ACS organic chem final that every fails. I don't fail without a fight. So everyday while I studied I told myself that you're going to kill this exam. Test day come, take it and boom 95th percentile. Killed it.

Affirmations helped me starting out for sure, big beloved in those.

Another thing I do is simply unplug mind from body. For example when I'm going for a PR dead lifting with weight I've never done I don't think about it. So my mind will be blank or absent from everything and I'll simply pull the weight. My. Mind used to get in the way with a lot of thing but unplugging helps a tremendous amount. Just like when you're scared to go on a ride on the amusmebt park. Your body knows it will be fun but your mind is saying , "you'll puke, get dizzy, not feel good".

Your own mind is your worst enemy. It can cripple you but at the same time it can push you.