Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Obesity Epidemic: Good or Bad For Us?

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score
Pros: it is eliminating male competition in droves, as men get fatter and fatter.

Cons: hot women are increasingly scarce, making competition for them ever more fierce.

Conclusion: is it a wash?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad, simply due to less selection.

Plus you have to look at long term consequences of obese people in hiking up our medical insurance costs, taxes, people dying, etc.

I'm really surprised that there hasn't been enough emphasis placed on Covid and how obese people and people with diabetes are at a higher risk of getting it. Yet no one wants to tackle that as most are overweight, especially in America.

I've been fortunate to live my teen years in my 80's and back then you had 85%+ skinny gals to choose from. Being skinny was the norm and you had other attributes that meant more, like a pretty face, good booty, personality, etc. Now being skinny automatically makes you attractive.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really surprised that there hasn't been enough emphasis placed on Covid and how obese people and people with diabetes are at a higher risk of getting it. Yet no one wants to tackle that as most are overweight, especially in America.
Good point. Certain people will say that if you don't wear a mask or if you go to work then you are killing people, or stupidly endangering yourself. But they don't say a word about people becoming obese by giving in to bad habits. Those are the people who are going to be most adversely affected.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's bad, for all kinds of reasons.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This might be the dumbest question I have ever read here.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Agree that there is no benefit to men associated with increasingly overweight women.

But most fat dudes I know are able to score regularly or have a decent looking gf.

Most 'cels are skinny (but not tall enough to compensate).

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Given that I like very slender women, it's bad.

The fact that there are fewer slender women, is not equalized by men gaining weight causing less competition. The reason is that women don't put the same amount of importance on body that men do. Don't get me wrong, women aren't generally into overweigh guys, but women do have a fairly broad range of what they find acceptable in a male body, and having a few extra pounds on a guy just isn't seen as a bad thing by the majority of women. Men tend to carry their weight better than women as well, and have an easier time managing their weight than women (due to hormones).

But now that fat is ok, and now that "thic" has been fetishized by pop-culture groups, fewer women concern themselves with their weight and they don't have to - they get plenty of attention from men while fat. The girls who are slender are now SO rare and SO sought after that they all think they are 10's and the competition is fierce. I don't blame the women for that though..... your SMV is judged by the opposite sex. If a slender woman with just an average face is being treated by men as a 10, then she is a 10. But it's not good for me since they are more rare, almost always taken, and the competition for the available ones is fierce.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more fat out of shape people in an enviroment and the more being fat and out of shape becomes socially acceptable and while men are influenced more from economical gain, access to women or power...women are mostly sensitive to peer pressure and social shaming therefore once being fat becomes socially acceptable it opens the gate to the land whale peak.

Also fat people are more likely to get sick, unhealthy and many other things that makes them expensive to deal with wheter we talk about taxes and public health to the simple fact that you have to wait 2 hours for a fat public employee to walk the stairs and get your documents.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It'll become harder and harder for health based businesses to prosper leading to low volume and higher costs to me.

Junk food will become cheaper, health based companies will find it harder to prosper/expand.

Idgaf if everyone wants to become a pig around me.

Being ripped and fit is my choice and I'll find a way to continue my lifestyle.