Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The number of life

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You see her, you like what you see, so you grab your balls and approach...

You make small talk for a little while, then pop the question
"Hey, you seem pretty cool to hang with, whats your number?"

You get the digits and split...feeling at the top of the world, feeling like a total badass......

3-10 days later you sit there...with your phone in your head, thinking "what the hell am i gonna say to her?"...

as you sit there, you hear a voice that says "What if she hangs up when she hears your name? What if she gave you the wrong number? What if she will pull some bs Ill call you back line?"
You start doubting yourself, you start sweating a bit, thinking if calling her would really be a good idea....

As you sit there, you realize that there is also another voice... the voice that says only what you want it to say - CALL HER, GRAB YOUR BALLS AND CALL! - this is the voice of nature my friends, and as hard as u try to resist, you know its the right voice to listen to.

The pressure is bulding up, you are playing different scenarios in your head, thinking about some CF to throw in the convo, and finally hit the CALL button.

As the you hear the rings, you are sweating more, you think that you could just hang up and dont deal with this......and that is when u hear "Hello?"

I hear this a lot - "Guys get the number but dont call".. Well FVCK that! Those guys are the one's that have no backbone! You cant get anywhere without advancing.... So why the hell would dare NOT TO ADVANCE and achieve better things?

Who cares if she hangs up, who cares if its a fake number, who cares if she says she is gonna call right back? YOU TRIED, you are the one who GAVE IT A CHANCE, and she wasnt smart enough to take it!

YOu are going to feel like a ton of bricks was lifted off your shoulders after you dial those digits, so make yourself feel better- CALL HER.

Dilly

Don Juan
Reaction score
YEP! Totally dude! I was reading you're account of the thoughts that run through your mind when you are just about to dial that number, that is exactly how I feel and probably a lot of other guys.

But when the its ringing.......ringing.....ringing.....then..."Hello?" it all pays off. It feels so good. You have conquered your fear. It sounds so silly...I mean you call your guy friends all the time on the phone. But with a girl, it is so different for some reason.

But on matter what, don't wuss out...cos' you gotta give it a try. Rejection...who the hell cares??? You gave it a try. You dialed the number.
:cool:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to worry about what ppl thought of me alot.
would get kinda scared when trying to call a guy.
then i got a little older and i changed.
i dont really care what anyone thinks of me now haha

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good!

Some thoughts on how to improve the phone game :

Think of her as a good friend, relieves the pressure a bit.
THink as if she is already in love with you, so you dont need to try as hard.

Call a girl, DO NOT RUSH THE WORDS! Talk slower, deeper (read fingz post on voice), and wait for her to finish her sentances.

And remember- just cause she is on the phone, it doesnt mean u let her **** like "ill call u right back" slide.

justheretohelp

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have problems calling a girl you like, try to do warm up calls! Call a whole bunch of other neutral people (friends, etc.) and then when you've gone through 2 or 3 and you feel ready and confident go for it!

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm.. interesting how many girls are out there who arent smart enough to take a chance.

i met this girl 2 weeks ago at orientation. Me, her and ym bud hang out, go eat, joke around, kino each other (me and her)... hitting it off pretty well..

today i call her:

"hello"
"hey, is this andrea?"
"yes"
"What's up, this is the collest guy in XXXX college calling you"
"what?"
"Oh cmon, dont tell me you forgot about me"
"what?"
"this is oxide, remember the orientation..."
"were u the guys i was hanging out with"
"there ya go, how you been"
"CAN I CALL YOU RIGHT BACK"
"LOL! are you serious? you can try.."

click.

why does this happen so much, girls attitudes change like weather.

another chick yesterday. havent talked to this girl in 3 months, we made out in a club, and kept talking throught out the school year, but i never visited her since last summer. anyway.,.

me -"Hey, what's up"
"hi"
"Do you know who this is?"
"Yes, oxide."
"What's up babe?"
"Nothing, im at prom" - frustrated
"Why you gotta be cold like that?"
"Im pissed off"
"Sounds like its going to be a fun prom"
"Not really"
"Well, call me back when you are in a good mood"

click.

blah.

"Dust yourself off and try again

_XT_

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I just called a new cell number I closed last week, it rang once then went straight to voicemail... so I left her a message to call me back, and I'll leave it at that.

The funny thing is like you said chicks think we never call, sometimes it seems they don't want us to call.

darkofthematinee

Don Juan
Reaction score
but even the ones that don't want you to call them respect you deep down for calling them. Glad I'm a man - they're messed up til they grow up!

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is how i go about phone numbers.

i call the girl whenever i feel it is time. you know that feeling when you have a number to call, and you are like "ermmm.... ill call later... " and that feeling keeps on piling up weight on top of your shoulders, untill you just feel tired of having this number, and want to get it done with.

so i call the girl.. she answers, i talk to her for a bit, then ask her out. she flakes, i say "you have my number?" then say "call me when you want to go out". bye. erase number

if the girl is not there, i hang up.
i call back in 2-3 days and if she is not there again, i leave a massage.

i never go further than leaving a message, if she doesnt call you back, you stop trying.

Reaction score
You young guys think about this too much and make yourself nervous. Just have a few options planned for meeting with her - the first phone call is to establish a little rapport and then set something up in person - and that is all - do not talk for more than 7 minutes!!

Have a timer in front of you!! :) Save the convo for the date!!