Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Northman's Journal - Kicking Ass in Toronto!

The Northman

Don Juan
Reaction score
No time for long introductions. I'm here to do my best. I'm here to give it my all. I intend to decisively master the social aspect of my life once and for all. I'll set out to learn as much as possible, document my progress and hopefully pass on something of value to each and every one of you here. For now, I'm off to the gym and then - the world awaits! Stay tuned. :)

Last edited:

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, if you are serious about this, you are to be commended.

Secondly, like Luke said, what is the level of your game? How many approaches would you do in an average week/month? Are you into daygame or club/party/night game? Just a little background into your forays and skillset, if you please :)

The Northman

Don Juan
Reaction score
lebRambo said:
First of all, if you are serious about this, you are to be commended.

Secondly, like Luke said, what is the level of your game? How many approaches would you do in an average week/month? Are you into daygame or club/party/night game? Just a little background into your forays and skillset, if you please :)
Dead serious.

Not particularly into the club scene since I have to be up early in the morning and especially since the clubs around here generally suck. I sometimes see photos of the scene over at LA and with all honesty, if we had this kinda quality here in TO, I don't think I'd ever leave the entertainment district. :) So I mostly prefer daytime, though with all honestly I haven't even been doing that lately - which is exactly why I'm doing this, to keep myself accountable for my previous hesitancy to act. Yesterday, I promised myself to absolutely give every hot girl I see my best shot, regardless of whether or not I'm "ready" (i.e. if I see her while working), regardless of the way I feel, regardless of how difficult it may seem. This is the only way that I'm ever going to get what I want out of this. As for my skill level - I wouldn't say that I'm particularly skilled since I've never read any of the PUA stuff; what I do have going for myself though is that I'm not afraid to really push myself and approach no matter what, which is pretty much what I have to thank for whatever little success I've had in the past. "Little success" isn't nearly enough though IMO, so it's time to really hit it big and start learning.

lebRambo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, in that case, this thread should be an interesting read :)

I seem to have the opposite problem at the moment. I know what to say, my game is reasonably tight (i like to think), but I have recently been having problems approaching.

The Northman

Don Juan
Reaction score
TUESDAY, JUNE 19 2007
-------------------------

I've been on the lookout for cuties (even more so than usual!) since the original post, but so far have nothing particularly interesting to report. Went to the beach on Sunday, but shockingly enough didn't find any good-looking girls (to be honest, at +31C it was so insanely hot that I only stayed for <1hr). Well, one, but she ran (not even jogged - that I coulda dealt with) by me with a walkman on. Earlier today, ran into a 7 in Blockbuster and another in my building - made the latter grab my keys and unlock my suite (I was bringing in 8 bags of groceries, LMAO), then hold the door open for me. She seemed really energetic and positive, which I love, but I felt almost no sexual attraction towards her (kinda cute, not hot), so I just said "thanks, ciao!" and went in. She was awesome anyway. :) Hopefully I'll have something more interesting soon!

The Northman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs said:
Hmmm, just the fact of youi saying you gave her your keys to open your door...you got some skill!
Haha not rly - I just said it and she just did it. Don't we wish women would always just do it. :)

The Northman

Don Juan
Reaction score
SUNDAY, JUNE 24 2007

1. Saw a really gorgeous Spanish-looking girl sitting on a huge rock and seemingly waiting for someone on the beach. This was my first beach approach of the season, so I was admittedly kinda unsure of myself and screwed it up with: "Um, sorry to bother you... Are you single by any chance?" LMAO! Needless to say, "she wasn't." *sigh* :)

2. An hour later, spotted a group of 3 Indian girls and a guy. The prettiest one was staring right at me, so I thought I had this covered:

Me: Heyy, are you like my age.. or younger? I seriously can't tell! :)
Her: Haha I dunno, what is 'your age'?
Me: Well I'm like 23...
Her: Yea, I'm 20!
Her guy friend: Man, what a pickup line!
Me: *death stare at guy* LOL!
Me (to the girl): That's great, are you single?
Her: Yea.. I mean no.
Me: Hahah too late, you already said yea!
Her: Noo, I'm sorry.
Me: Cmon, don't worry about it (with respect to her a$$hole guy friend). Let's just go for a quick walk down there. Give me a chance.. :)

But yea, no go. More to come. :)

Last edited:

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me (to the girl): That's great, are you single?
Her: Yea.. I mean no.
Too bad you didn't think to say "Well, that about covers the options, eh?"

You seem to have a good bit of confidence, Northman. This should be interesting.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would recommend that you STOP asking girls if they are single. If they like you, they'll let you know in some way. The way you talk to them it sounds like an interview. INSTEAD, ask them questions about themself that reveal something about their personality or how they feel about something.

Example:

Are you the type of person that can come to the beach on a rainy day and still enjoy it as much as a sunny day?
Are you adventurous?
What are your favorite places to go?
When you were a little girl what did you want to be when you grew up?

Stop asking if they are single!!!

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep up the good work though, you are doing great. To become a great DJ you'll want to meet and talk to as many women as you can. You will learn something new from every experience.

The Northman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm said:
Are you the type of person that can come to the beach on a rainy day and still enjoy it as much as a sunny day?
Are you adventurous?
What are your favorite places to go?
When you were a little girl what did you want to be when you grew up?
Those sound great, but how do I use them in a REAL-WORLD situation? Say I'm walking down a beach and see a pretty girl tanning. What do I say?

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Northman said:
Those sound great, but how do I use them in a REAL-WORLD situation? Say I'm walking down a beach and see a pretty girl tanning. What do I say?
Those are all comfort/attraction building lines.

If you see a girl tanning and want to talk to her here is what I would do. I'd approach her and sit down next to her and say something such as "hi! (pause and wait for her to give you her attention) i saw you over here while i was walking by and although I have to be somewhere very soon I couldnt help but come over and meet you. What's your name?"

She'll answer automatically and if she asks you your name thats an IOI. Then ask her some questions and once you have been talking for a few minutes and make a Statement of Intent such as "I just had to come say hello to you. Youre sexy". That shows you got some balls. Then talk to her for a while, if she's giving you some positive energy/feedback then cut things short by saying "Look, like I said I have to get going so put your number in my phone (hand her your phone) and i'll call you later "

I know this may sound cheesy but i've done direct approaches like this and they do work. You have to have the balls to try something new and stretch your comfort zone.

The Northman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm back! Didn't mean to pull a disappearing act - my PC broke down and with all honesty, I wasn't exactly in a hurry to get it fixed. I used to need this thing like I need air, but I've forced myself to just go on without it for some weeks, which was a pretty awesome experience I must say. I ended up spending a LOT more time outside and meeting a lot of new people, so I'm definitely gonna keep my PC time down to an absolute MINIMUM!

JUNE 25 - JUL 19
----------------

These are the days I missed - this space is reserved for write-ups of whatever approaches I can remember.

FRIDAY, JULY 20 2007

Hit up the beach for a few games of volleyball after work. One of the girls on the team I ended up joining had as close to a perfect body as I've ever seen - tiny waist and arms, beautiful, full hips, ass and tits plus a sexy face. What a great combination! I gotta admit that I was kinda nervous, but towards the end of the last game, I walked up to her mid-game and:

Me: Hey, after the game, give me your number.
Her: Haha umm, I dunnoo...
Me (kinda thrown off): Well... consider it... *shrug*

So after the game, her and her gf were laying down on a beach towel and the rest of us were packing up. I walked up and kneeled next to them:

Me: Hey, come help me pack that thing. We can talk while we're at it.
Her: Umm.. what thing?
Me: That over there.
Her: Oh... I dunno..
Me: Cmon, we'll talk and get to know eachother too.
Her: Oh.. well, I have a boyfriend.
Me: Listen, I don't really care. I have no interest in your boyfriend. I have interest in you.
Her: You do?
Me: Yea.. well, I think so. Ideally, I'd like to take a walk and get to know you better, but it's getting kinda dark so I'll call you instead.
Her: I don't think this is a good idea..
Me: Trust me, it is.
Her: I don't think so...
Me: I do.
Her: No.. I'm sorry. I can't. But it was really nice to meet you.. :) *stretches out hand*
Me: *give her a semi-mean look and walk off without shaking her hand*

So yea, that's that. Man, that sucked, that really sucked! And this chick liked me too - I thought so during the game and even my friend noticed her staring at me. This always happens to me - chicks get to like me for my leadership/looks/sense of humour/whatever during the game and then afterwards, I open my mouth and fvck it all up. Dammit, I was soo angry afterwards. It seemed like a sure thing before I approached and I fvcked it all up. As usual. I didn't qualify her, came on too strong, sold myself short, probably seemed desperate or like a complete player. All the usual newbie mistakes that I shoulda stopped making years ago. Rawr. Dammit. We saw them again a few days later - she ended up being a friend of a friend of mine. Needless to say, the bf thing was utter bs. Sh1t, how do I fix this? How do I get rid of the nervousness? I was soo nervous, and I don't even know why - I've done this so many times. I must have been afraid of screwing up and 'losing' her? How do I change this 'poor-man' way of thinking? How do I stop selling myself short and start making girls want to qualify themselves to me?

SATURDAY, JULY 21 2007

Went out to a club with a buncha friends. One of them brought his sister, whom I met a few weeks prior. I knew she liked me from before. I never really got a chance to be alone with / talk to her before, but I did get one immediately that night because when we all met at my place, her bro told her to hop in my car and drive together with me to the club, with the rest of them in their other car. This was perfect - we got to spend like 45mins all alone, connect and have some laughs. When we got to the club district, it took us awhile to find parking and people kept calling and asking where the hell we are - she picked up and told them we were having sex, with me doing a fake moan symphony in the background. LMAO, it was hilarious!! When we finally parked, I had to pick her up and carry her for a bit (hot!!) since she couldn't walk in heels on the steel mesh surface outside the parking lot. This was awesome because she has really great legs and a toned 95lb body, and I'm nearly 200lbs. Pure hotness - me in a suit, carrying her in her black low-cut dress in my arms. I even gave her a nice smack on the ass "as a way of her thanking me." Anyway, so we got to the club and all of us started drinking. A lot. We must have ordered 40-50 shorts inbetween the 6-7 of us. Me and her were gooonee. I actually came there to meet other chicks (I didn't even know she was coming), but she was really into me, put her arms around me and all that. I loved it. I ended up kissing her on the forhead and pulling her close to me, which resulted in her grinding her firm asian a$$ against me, obviously giving me a pretty good hard-on. :) We pretty much spent the entire evening together - eventually making our way to the rooftop patio and making out like crazy. This was really hot - she was really soft and warm, and felt really great in my arms - she's only 5' and I'm well over 6. Once again, pure hotness. I wanted to take her home and fvck her brains out, but people kept getting in the way. Another dude in our group, who's dating her cousin, started telling the two of us that we're too drunk and have no idea wtf we're doing, then tried pulling her away. This really made me want to kill him, and I guess I made that fairly clear because he got the hell out of our sight. She started kissing me even harder after that. Yumm. If I was smart - I would have gotten the hell out of there then and there. We were at our peak, both of drunkedness and horniness, and this would have been THE time to close the deal. Problem is, I didn't have a plan and didn't extract because I couldn't imagine drinking back home that drunk. Why I didn't think of just taking a cab is still utterly beyond me - it seems so obvious now but I honestly didn't think of it at the time. So we stayed and the whole group decided to go to another club, where a big-name DJ was spinning, pop some E and have a great time. I thought this was perfect because 1) I'd get to take her back to my car, where we'd have time alone (heh heh) for me to sober up before driving 2) because a hot girl, E and a great DJ is as close to heaven on earth as you get and 3) because the other club was huuuugee and it'd be absolutely impossible for us NOT to lose the rest of the group, including her protective brother and that other guy I mentioned. Perfect? I think so! Only problem is, when we got out of the club and me and her started walking to the car, the other ppl started calling - apparently they changed their mind and decided to head home. One of them was her ride home - a ride she'd need unless she'd spend the night with me, which obviously couldn't happen if she had to explain it to her brother. So? I got owned. Lessons learned: 1) Always have a plan, 2) Strike when the iron is hot, 3) Don't be afraid to escalate to the max and push the envelope. MORE LESSONS HERE GUYS? HELP PLS!! :) I'm definitely gonna see her again - we'll see how that goes. Perhaps I'll get a chance to learn from my mistakes, LMAO!

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before you have a chick interested in you, you cant or rather shouldnt ask them to do anything for you. Whether it is giving you money or something as simple as asking her to help pack up. Why would she want to do something for you, the guy who just asked for her #s randomly after a volleyball game.

Me: Listen, I don't really care. I have no interest in your boyfriend. I have interest in you.
I could be wrong, but this sounds like a slither of interest reciprocated, she could have said it in a sarcastic tone though
Me: Yea.. well, I think so. Ideally, I'd like to take a walk and get to know you better, but it's getting kinda dark so I'll call you instead.
I like the idea behind this.. letting her take the lesser of two evils as a way out.
lol @ aruging over whether she should give you her digits. If she is in a 'you aint gettin my #' mindset, dont ask the same question over and over... change her mindset, then go in for the # again. Did you think she would crack because you, a total stranger who hasnt even told her his name, let alone 2 minutes of conversation, says 'trust me'
Her: No.. I'm sorry. I can't. But it was really nice to meet you.. *stretches out hand*

Congrats on going after a girl you saw and liked. Takes a lot of balls to go in cold like that, sometimes the girl acts cold but so we go sometimes

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Northman said:
Me: Hey, come help me pack that thing. We can talk while we're at it.
Her: Umm.. what thing?
Me: That over there.
Her: Oh... I dunno..
Me: Cmon, we'll talk and get to know eachother too.
Her: Oh.. well, I have a boyfriend.
Her: No.. I'm sorry. I can't. But it was really nice to meet you.. :) *stretches out hand*
Me: *give her a semi-mean look and walk off without shaking her hand*
Don't ever try to logically convince chicks to do anything, instead change her mood and then just lead.