"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

The night started out so well...FVCKING YELL AT ME

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
But I am a ****ing moron. I'm a failure at girls. For all of the success I've had since coming here, for all of the confidence and independence I've found since coming here, I am a ****ing ***** when it ****ing counts. Listen to this story and groan aloud boys - you won't often hear one this bad.

I went to a party tonight. Most of the people there were a year younger than me, and it was an alcohol free party, but I brought some peach schnapps in my coat for myself. I have a friend, a senior, whose sister (Jane) had been flirtatious with me every few weeks since...October or so. We first met when I was talking to her friend, and Jane runs up and loudly whispers "introduce me!" Why didn't I take the opportunity then? I hadn't yet found this site and didn't know how to go about it. I was and still am a ****ing loser.

Anyway, tonight, I just had a feeling. I knew something would happen with Jane. Have you ever had that feeling? You're hte king, you're number one, and nothing can go wrong.

As soon as I walked in I purposely didn't say hi to her. I greeted all of my other friends, and after a couple of minutes she said hi to me. I said hi back, and left it at that. She comes by a few minutes later, and says "Matt, I know my sister told you that I'm going to marry Mary (her best friend) instead of you, but that's no true. I want to give this relationship a shot." It's a joke that her sister has with me - she wants me to marry Jane. She puts her arm around me and I respond in kind, and we're flirting. I didn't even have a chance to initiate kino she was so into it.

I keep my distance from her for the next hour and a half or so. I'm partly testing her interest level, and this was my first mistake. It was ****ing obvious from the first encounter that she's into me and wants to hook up - WHY THE **** didn't I do anything then? I fear rejection - I'm not often rejected, but the fear of it is great enough that it keeps me from siezing the moment much of the time.

30 minutes after I enter, somebody has busted out some edible body paint. Jane comes up to me, I ask what's on her arm, and she says "body paint. it tastes good. want to lick it?" So, I do. I then have my friend write "suck here" on my neck in the body paint, with an arrow pointing to a spot. Guess who gives me a huge ass hickey that's going to last for at least a week? Jane came up, and just said "Matt, come here." And sucked away. And away. And away.

She keeps this up the entire night. She shows up where I am a little while after I arrive there. At one point she's talking to her friend about this burrito place, which I tell her sucks. She says "where do you like to go?" I respond with "baja fresh." She then asks me to take her to baja fresh. ASKS me. I say fine, we'll go next weekend. At this point I number closed, right? NO. WHAT THE ****. NO, I didn't. I left to talk to some other friends.



Eventually something's changed. I was flaking on her. My fear of showing interest kept me from showing any, and at some point she just...stops trying. I can't blame her. When I left she was cozy on the couch with a friend of mine. No offense to him, but I'm 90% sure they won't do anything. He had his arm sort of around her, but her body language was off. Towards the end one of the girls running the party comes up and says "matt, you should return the favor to Jane." I told her that Jane wouldn't let me give her a hickey - she was already in trouble for going to a party that got busted by the po-po. To which the girl replies "so give her a hickey where her parents won't see her." Then winks. At this point I nearly kick myself. Christ.

To some extent I think my own subconscious was working against me - I'm friends with Jane's sister, and I like her a lot. I kind of feel like I shouldn't do anything with Jane until I get her sister's blessing, as it were. It always annoyed me when my friends would develop crushes on my brother.

Yell at me. Call me a *****. SCREAM at me. It's what I need. This isn't a thread asking for advice - this is a thread where I'm telling you guys, DON'T be afraid to sieze the moment. What did I do? nothing. What did I get? nothing. Take control of the situation boys.

I kind of feel like I still have a chance with Jane - it was 4 or 5 months ago when she first showed interest, and she still was showing it tonight. I feel like I NEED to number close monday. ****ing a. Somebody yell at me.
 
Last edited:

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Here, I'll start.

PORKY YOU'RE A ****ING LOSER. TOMORROW YOU'LL WAKE UP AND VIEW THIS AS AN EXPERIENCE TO LEARN FROM, BUT YOU ****ING SUCK.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Oh, by the way, WHAT THE **** is with friends who don't realize that WHEN YOU'RE IN A GODDAMN CORNER WITH A GIRL THEY SHOULDN'T WALK IN AND START SAYING **** LIKE "NO MATT, DON'T RAPE HER!"
 

Mikelo2k

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 20, 2003
Messages
292
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario, Canada
hehe

Oh, by the way, WHAT THE **** is with friends who don't realize that WHEN YOU'RE IN A GODDAMN CORNER WITH A GIRL THEY SHOULDN'T WALK IN AND START SAYING **** LIKE "NO MATT, DON'T RAPE HER!"

HAHAHA, funny **** :p I know alot of idiots that do stuff like that. They're just trying to be funny and dont understand that it makes things more awkward for you.


So you blew it tonight man. What more is there to say? You realized your mistake, you are planning how to fix it and all thats left is to execute the plan.

Dont stress urself too much man, everyone has a bad day :)


Peace,
Mikelo2k
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
What the ****! yell at me mikelo!
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
507
Reaction score
0
Location
Dooodoooo...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA This is funny... -ahem, attempts to not laugh-

You... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... This thread.. hahah you have potential.. hahah you ****ing piece of **** hahahahaa....








































































HAHAHAHAHAHA PORKEY HAHAHAHA!!
 

Big-J

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
565
Reaction score
1
Age
45
Location
Alberta
Originally posted by Porky
Have you ever had that feeling? You're hte king, you're number one, and nothing can go wrong.
Yeah, I feel like this all the time, I'm feeling it right now. Where'd I put my crown? :D

Originally posted by Porky
Yell at me. Call me a *****. SCREAM at me. It's what I need. This isn't a thread asking for advice - this is a thread where I'm telling you guys, DON'T be afraid to sieze the moment. What did I do? nothing. What did I get? nothing. Take control of the situation boys.
That's wasted effort/time, your doing a good job of it all by yourself :D


Originally posted by Porky
I kind of feel like I still have a chance with Jane - it was 4 or 5 months ago when she first showed interest, and she still was showing it tonight. I feel like I NEED to number close monday. ****ing a. Somebody yell at me.
Man you missed a shot, big deal move on. Don't tell me your starting to fall in love with this girl now. :D

Someone sounds like he's getting oneitis!

-You better not, Or I will yell at you :eek:
 

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
507
Reaction score
0
Location
Dooodoooo...
Hahahaha this thread can probably put me to sleep faster than my PMtylenol.

He wants to be yelled at. Everyone, on the count of three:


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
I don't fall in love with girls. I haven't had a crush worth speaking of for three years.

But god damnit, she's hot! And, like I said, this post wasn't asking for advice - I'm giving advice to everybody who's afraid to take control and sieze the moment.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
You... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... This thread.. hahah you have potential.. hahah you ****ing piece of **** hahahahaa....
Thanks =)
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Big-J

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
565
Reaction score
1
Age
45
Location
Alberta
Originally posted by Porky
I don't fall in love with girls. I haven't had a crush worth speaking of for three years.

But god damnit, she's hot! And, like I said, this post wasn't asking for advice - I'm giving advice to everybody who's afraid to take control and sieze the moment.
ok I'll yell. I'll go Dr. Claw on GP.com style with this :D.


SO, She's F*cking hot. WHO THE HELL GIVES A SH*T. You F*cked up buddy! Say Hello to another Learning experiance. Will you get another shot? Maybe, but WHO THE F*CK cares? Not I.

Stop rolling in your own Goddam Self Pity, LEARN FROM THIS THEN Pick your F*CKING B@LLS OFF THE GROUND AND GET OVER IT YOU GODDAM P*SSY!

F*CK I've spent too much time in the Pathetic thread already.


(that better?)
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
(that better?)
Yes. The more I think about this the more I realize it isn't as bad as I'm making it out to be. Thanks for caring.
 

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
u are an idiot man!! But dont just listen to this crap, remember you are THE MAN!! She wants your azz bad, u have to now grab your ballz and bust a move! LEARN from this, seize the moment and JUST DO IT!! Dont let this happen again! If you do, dont bother come posting back here!!
 

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
679
Location
Florida
Why don't you get her number from your friend and take her to that restaurant?:confused:
 

Panther

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 14, 2003
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Location
London, UK
Heh Porky, I've been in similar situations as you, and did the same thing (nothing), and got the same thing (nothing!)

Well, I can't say that my situations were THAT obvious as yours (i think the most obvious of the lot was when the girl started feeling up my leg) but i still felt like ****

Let me ask you a question. Do you think that you subconsciously have a problem with admitting your sexual interest to someone? I think that's my problem. I mean, lots of people are afraid of rejection, but if you have every reason to believe you are not gonna be rejected, and STILL don't act, there's gotta be something else. I think I've got a problem concerning my need for intimacy, though it's recently starting to get better

ThePanther
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
That's something to think about, Panther. I'm really not sure. I do find it strange that I haven't had a real crush since my last one-itis, but I don't know if that means I have a problem admitting to myself how I feel.

I think more likely I have a subconscious problem with dating my friend's sister. Does anybody feel it's ridiculous for me to ask my friend if she's okay with me dating Jane?

P.S. Porky, it's the next morning, and you still fvcking suck you loser.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
bump. all should learn from my idiocy.
 

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 5, 2003
Messages
907
Reaction score
0
No big deal. you failed to number close. Who cares. It happens. Next time, number close and get out of that party. I didn't see anything wrong with what you did. In fact you where playing it perfectly except for not # closing. Learn and move on.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
We're hanging out this weekend. It's a definate.

By the way, going to class with a large purple bruise on your neck brings a lot of attention from girls and guys alike.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
PORKY - the DJ who doesn't like to 'hook up' with girls - I'm going to help a sorry-ass so-called DJ out!

Show jane your hickey and tell her that you owe her big time and that you would like to return the favor this weekend - and will giver her a hickey where others won't be able to see it. Tell her she can chose the location of where to receive, anywhere on her body except her toes.

See what she says!!!
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top