Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The night situation in the Australia is reaching previously unseen levels of hypergamy

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Don't even want to make this thread long.

Long story short... pull up to the club like I always do... with the expectation of ending the night filled with grief, hangovers, poor health, depression and no poosey.

What I saw was like something written out of a dystopian erotica novel. Crazy stuff.

Wait in line... gender ratio is 60/40... maybe it's not gonna be that bad I thought to myself. It was bad. Here are some of my thoughts and observations in chronological order:

1) Before entering the club, the manlet bouncer demanded my ID and said that I looked 12, despite being twice as wide as him and being a good 3 inches taller.

2) Got into the club. Ordered 12 jagerbombs immediately. I knew it was going to be a tough night, so I didn't waste any time getting drunk.

3) Saw barely any couples. The social groups were unisex, and there were 0 interactions between strangers. People stuck to their groups, and that was it. Girls' ignored the presence of anyone they didn't know.

4) I dance for a bit on the floor. Nothing happens. Nothing to talk about, except this depressed fatso that was slumped in the corner. He was crying all over his ***** tits because he was effectively already 6ft under in the game of sexual selection.

5)Some milf complimented my hair so at least i had that.
Overall pretty rubbish night, got pressured into drinking vodka when i didnt want to, it ****s with my sleep and makes my blood pressure go through the roof. 99% of guys who go out do NOT get laid what so ever and even if they do its with slvts that are sub-5 and by the morning you regret it anyways.

Bar consisted of 85 / 15 ratio of guys to girls. Vast majority of guys were by themselves, a few consisted of guys and girls but could tell they were couples. Most girls were in their own groups in a circle not really interacting with guys.

The guys at the bar who were chads who were tanned, had tattoos, roided up with tight short-sleeved shirts. Literally this meme:

2817797_lol.jpeg

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pull up to the club like I always do... with the expectation of ending the night filled with grief, hangovers, poor health, depression and no poosey.
If you're going to have that expectation going into the night, you might as well stay home. Until you fix that attitude, don't even bother with nightlife. Figure out non-bar approaching or social circle building. Though you'll likely need an attitude adjustment before entering those marketing channels too.

You're also not positioning yourself for success by going out on a Friday night. Avoid Friday and Saturday nights later at night. Too many men are fighting it out on Friday and Saturday nights late nights. This was one of the most important lessons I eventually learned about night game. Every John Paycheck goes out on those nights. Most of them use bad game on women, which turns them off. Additionally, women who go out on Friday and Saturday night are less serious about meeting men. If a woman is out at 11 PM on a Tuesday night, she is more serious about meeting men than a woman out at 11 PM on a Saturday night. There will be fewer women out late on Sunday-Thursday nights but they will be more interested in meeting men. It can be difficult to go out late on Tuesday or Wednesday night or go to work the next day if you are a day shift, 8:30 AM-5:30 PM white or blue collar worker.

Solutions within the bar scene include late nights other than Fri and Sat, Happy Hours (5-8 PM on weekdays), and possibly weekend day sessions at bars. All require an attitude adjustment though. None of those paths are easy but they are easier than fighting it out on a Friday or Saturday night.

99% of guys who go out do NOT get laid what so ever and even if they do its with slvts that are sub-5 and by the morning you regret it anyways.
Most men fail at nightlife. This is true. It's often because they are fighting it out on Friday and Saturday nights. Most men are beta males with weak game too, which also explains why they are out on a Friday or Saturday night.

2) Got into the club. Ordered 12 jagerbombs immediately. I knew it was going to be a tough night, so I didn't waste any time getting drunk.
Getting drunk impacts game. Don't do it. It usually impacts game to the point that you don't make a good enough to get to sex. Also, if you get to sex when drunk, the sex quality will be lower and you might have erection difficulties. All potential outcomes are bad outcomes.

3) Saw barely any couples. The social groups were unisex, and there were 0 interactions between strangers. People stuck to their groups, and that was it. Girls' ignored the presence of anyone they didn't know.
Why would you see a couple? Couples have better things to do than hang around night venues. Couples are dining at restaurants that aren't pickup joints, or at home doing a Netflix and Chill type thing.

Larger social groups are not serious in most cases about meeting men. Women are best positioned to meet men in groups of 2-3. If you see a group of 4 women, there are most interested in socializing between themselves and/or attention whorring.

Wrong approach. You don’t have to drink. I don’t drink myself much at all. 12 jaegers? I’d be on the floor.

You’re there for numbers and approaching. That’s it. Keep it way simple. Ideally you want to do the approaches on the dancefloor, using that as the first plausible reason your interaction. Or you can approach bars or tables. The table approach is harder, but it’s all about hooking a conversation. I did a tally with a friend when we were going out regularly this past year. We found out that, on average and if your approaching is on point and you have vibe, around 10 numbers you get at night, 1 number will be good.

The hardest part of nightgame is maintaining vibe, especially if you find human behaviour disgusting. You see all the worst elements of it at night - people turn into wild, primal animals. You start to feel jaded and you want to go home. You have to fight that feeling
This is better. You're there to approach. Night game, especially late at night, is better suited for the same night lay than the number and setting up a future date.

I do not like approaching tables when I'm standing and women are sitting. Seated women are less interested in random stranger socialization. Best situation for socialization is a standing man, standing woman situation.

I haven't done dance floor approaching much in the past decade because I started emphasizing day game over night game. Additionally, when I did night game, I tended to go to places that didn't have dance floors. Dance floor approaches can work. I have tended to do more bar/general floor approaching over time.

Please clarify what you mean by of 10 numbers you get at night, 1 will be good. Is 1 good meaning you get a date with 1? A bang with 1?

You are correct about vibe.

FinallyAlpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi - I'm new to the forums and this is my first post. I'll create a thread in due course introducing myself.

I was lol'ing along to this post. You have a knack for funny writing. When I saw the photo before reading the post, I assumed it was you and your friends. But yeah, the experience in the bar sounds bleak.

Wrong approach. You don’t have to drink. I don’t drink myself much at all. 12 jaegers? I’d be on the floor.
This is really interesting to me as I don't drink much either (for lifestyle choice reasons; I don't like to be hungover, prefer staying active etc.) and that's not something I'm willing to compromise on. But I want to develop a strong night game. In my mind, the biggest difficulty ('anxiety' ?) to doing so, is being in a bar with a soda water inevitably needing to explain to a woman why I don't drink. Like, logically, the following isn't going to make a woman feel relaxed or turned on: "oh yeah I don't drink because I take my work seriously and I enjoy early morning workouts. Can I get you another margarita?"

So that's something I'm going to have to develop a strategy for.

The hardest part of nightgame is maintaining vibe, especially if you find human behaviour disgusting. You see all the worst elements of it at night - people turn into wild, primal animals. You start to feel jaded and you want to go home. You have to fight that feeling
yeah I get this too. Being sober in a setting filled with people getting loose is another conceptual challenge. I tend to get uncomfortable and antsy and feel an urge to dip out.

If a woman is out at 11 PM on a Tuesday night, she is more serious about meeting men than a woman out at 11 PM on a Saturday night.
Some interesting and insightful takes in this reply too. Particularly this weekend / week night point that I had not considered before.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't know nightclubs were still a thing. I live in Chicago, a lot of night clubs have gone out of business from what I am told. 20% I think... People that want hookups, they have moved to online dating.

People it seems now go to bars to socialize with friends (a lot of times just same sex friends). I could be wrong.... At the end of the day, "the guys at the bar who were chads who were tanned, had tattoos, roided up with tight short-sleeved shirts" - they are talking to and sweet talking the majority of ladies. Apparently, this happens online AND at nightclubs now. Oh, well.. whatever.

Thebestthereeveris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Long story short... pull up to the club like I always do... with the expectation of ending the night filled with grief, hangovers, poor health, depression and no poosey.

What I saw was like something written out of a dystopian erotica novel. Crazy stuff.

Wait in line... gender ratio is 60/40... maybe it's not gonna be that bad I thought to myself. It was bad. Here are some of my thoughts and observations in chronological order:

1) Before entering the club, the manlet bouncer demanded my ID and said that I looked 12, despite being twice as wide as him and being a good 3 inches taller.

4) I dance for a bit on the floor. Nothing happens. Nothing to talk about, except this depressed fatso that was slumped in the corner. He was crying all over his ***** tits because he was effectively already 6ft under in the game of sexual selection.

5)Some milf complimented my hair so at least i had that.
Overall pretty rubbish night, got pressured into drinking vodka when i didnt want to, it ****s with my sleep and makes my blood pressure go through the roof. 99% of guys who go out do NOT get laid what so ever and even if they do its with slvts that are sub-5 and by the morning you regret it anyways.

Bar consisted of 85 / 15 ratio of guys to girls. Vast majority of guys were by themselves, a few consisted of guys and girls but could tell they were couples. Most girls were in their own groups in a circle not really interacting with guys.

The guys at the bar who were chads who were tanned, had tattoos, roided up with tight short-sleeved shirts. Literally this meme:

View attachment 8287
I remember why I left this forum

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bars and clubs have always been bad
Yes. They were a challenging environment even before either of us turning 21 or were even alive. If guys could have compared notes about Studio 54 in 1979, there would have been critiques about getting laid and getting dates at Studio 54.

Hi - I'm new to the forums and this is my first post. I'll create a thread in due course introducing myself.
Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it and that your time here helps you.

I don't drink much either (for lifestyle choice reasons; I don't like to be hungover, prefer staying active etc.) and that's not something I'm willing to compromise on. But I want to develop a strong night game. In my mind, the biggest difficulty ('anxiety' ?) to doing so, is being in a bar with a soda water inevitably needing to explain to a woman why I don't drink. Like, logically, the following isn't going to make a woman feel relaxed or turned on: "oh yeah I don't drink because I take my work seriously and I enjoy early morning workouts. Can I get you another margarita?"

So that's something I'm going to have to develop a strategy for.
You don't need night game to meet women. It seems like your interests and personality are more well suited to non-bar approaching (commonly called day game). Many men solely meet women through day game. I became day game majority nearly 10 years ago. There are some advantages to day game and also some disadvantages. Many men also choose the wrong style of game and have bad outcomes in part due to not choosing the best game form for them. The wrong game form + poor overall game = really bad time. That happens to too many men, often in the swipe apps but also regularly in night game.

In your position, I'd be less concerned about your drinking in terms of meeting women but more concerned about it in terms of early stage dates. A lot of 1st and 2nd dates are drinks in bars, though it is possible to do some activity dates instead.

It's quite difficult to cut bars out of the whole mating dance, simply because they are useful for hosting dates at a minimum. You don't want to be on a dinner date in a restaurant sitting across from some woman. Restaurant dinner dates are worse dates than bar dates in the pre-sex stages.

If a woman is out at 11 PM on a Tuesday night, she is more serious about meeting men than a woman out at 11 PM on a Saturday night.
Some interesting and insightful takes in this reply too. Particularly this weekend / week night point that I had not considered before.
It took me a while to figure that one out. While I prefer day game, there are select times where I am willing to do night game, especially if I find myself in a situation where I need to supplement my day approaching.

FinallyAlpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it and that your time here helps you.
Thanks! It seems like a great place.

You don't need night game to meet women. It seems like your interests and personality are more well suited to non-bar approaching (commonly called day game). Many men solely meet women through day game. I became day game majority nearly 10 years ago. There are some advantages to day game and also some disadvantages. Many men also choose the wrong style of game and have bad outcomes in part due to not choosing the best game form for them. The wrong game form + poor overall game = really bad time.
This feedback is much appreciated. The discussion makes me think about the question of context. The forms of game available to men will be markedly different in Manhattan versus a remote beach town, right? The setting I'm in is quite specific (and is something I have been journaling a lot about recently; and will describe more fully when I get around to posting an introductory thread), but in a nutshell:
  • I'm in a town with great weather and lots of beaches that attracts a lot of tourists. So day game very much is a real possibility that I want to explore.
  • There is also a big nightlife / party scene here, meaning a large scope for night game.
  • Then there are vibrant communities that I have dabbled in that I'm considering taking more seriously / engaging with more consistently:
    • beach volleyball (trying to not be **** at that so that I'm actually fun to play with);
    • dance classes and socials (salsa, for example. I have rarely seen or been in a better setting for interacting with women. I recently saw a 5'5'', obese man, who knew how to dance, rock a woman's world on the dance floor. And I'm the tall, athletic build chump standing on the sidelines. So I am considering private lessons.)
    • Learning the local language (I'm not in a native English speaking country, which introduces a whole other dynamic to game and interacting with women. I would roughly estimate that women here are perhaps 70% non (or poor) -English speakers and 30% English speakers. I'm taking private lessons in the local language.)
I find the whole thing fascinating. And I feel like I'm in an excellent context for getting results.

I must admit, day game is a very daunting prospect to me. I experience strong approach anxiety and, as a result, my approaches are currently very rusty. In the past, my best approaches were when I was using substances (like having eaten an edible, for example), unsurprisingly. But, ultimately, I would feel like a complete chump if I did not seize this opportunity that I currently have to develop this skill set. I'm literally surrounded by women in bikinis and the last thing I want to be is an AFC.

That happens to too many men, often in the swipe apps but also regularly in night game.
It's funny you mention swipe apps. I found SoSuave through having recently discovered Rollo Tomassi and listening to The Rational Male. And, given that that book was written some years ago, I was curious about where the consensus in the community had come to with the impacts that technology has had on the dating world.

Personally, I do not like Tinder. I am a serial downloader and deleter. I would much prefer developing tight game and reaping all of the benefits that come with that. (For clarity, the primary benefit in my mind to developing strong game is the intrinsic personal character growth of being a more engaging, engaged, grounded man.)

In your position, I'd be less concerned about your drinking in terms of meeting women but more concerned about it in terms of early stage dates. A lot of 1st and 2nd dates are drinks in bars, though it is possible to do some activity dates instead.
I'm not at all averse to dating in bars. And if I'm sufficiently attracted to the woman, I will have a drink with her. I would even say I do this somewhat regularly. The thing is, I'm a stickler for not drinking the night before a busy day. I confine any drinking that I do to effectively one specific night of the week. Which makes it difficult to cater to the types of spontaneity or flexibility that women seem to value in prospective sexual partners. It strikes me as very challenging to be ambitious in one's career and physical health and physique while also having a vibrant sex life.

If someone was to say to me: oh, it's perfectly possible to date women in bars and have great results without touching alcohol. I would ask: where do I sign?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The forms of game available to men will be markedly different in Manhattan versus a remote beach town, right?
Not exactly. There are 4 main forms of game available to men to meet women
  • Nightlife/bar venues (commonly called night game)
  • Non-bar venues (commonly called day game)
  • Social circle
  • Tech-assisted (covers swipe apps, websites, and social media DMs)
Now, within these 4 main forms, there are more options for someone in a big city as compared to a small town.

• I'm in a town with great weather and lots of beaches that attracts a lot of tourists. So day game very much is a real possibility that I want to explore.
  • There is also a big nightlife / party scene here, meaning a large scope for night game.
  • Then there are vibrant communities that I have dabbled in that I'm considering taking more seriously / engaging with more consistently:
    • beach volleyball (trying to not be **** at that so that I'm actually fun to play with);
    • dance classes and socials (salsa, for example. I have rarely seen or been in a better setting for interacting with women. I recently saw a 5'5'', obese man, who knew how to dance, rock a woman's world on the dance floor. And I'm the tall, athletic build chump standing on the sidelines. So I am considering private lessons.)
    • Learning the local language (I'm not in a native English speaking country, which introduces a whole other dynamic to game and interacting with women. I would roughly estimate that women here are perhaps 70% non (or poor) -English speakers and 30% English speakers. I'm taking private lessons in the local language.)
You're probably better suited for doing day game ultimately but some obstacles remain.

day game is a very daunting prospect to me. I experience strong approach anxiety and, as a result, my approaches are currently very rusty. In the past, my best approaches were when I was using substances (like having eaten an edible, for example), unsurprisingly. But, ultimately, I would feel like a complete chump if I did not seize this opportunity that I currently have to develop this skill set. I'm literally surrounded by women in bikinis and the last thing I want to be is an AFC.
You need to drop approach anxiety. Day game has higher barriers to entry as fewer men are able to approach unknown women at non-bar venues while sober. It's not easy to do.

It's funny you mention swipe apps. I found SoSuave through having recently discovered Rollo Tomassi and listening to The Rational Male. And, given that that book was written some years ago, I was curious about where the consensus in the community had come to with the impacts that technology has had on the dating world.

Personally, I do not like Tinder. I am a serial downloader and deleter. I would much prefer developing tight game and reaping all of the benefits that come with that. (For clarity, the primary benefit in my mind to developing strong game is the intrinsic personal character growth of being a more engaging, engaged, grounded man.)
The general consensus in this community is that swipe apps stink and have worsened the mating environment.

I'm not at all averse to dating in bars. And if I'm sufficiently attracted to the woman, I will have a drink with her. I would even say I do this somewhat regularly. The thing is, I'm a stickler for not drinking the night before a busy day. I confine any drinking that I do to effectively one specific night of the week. Which makes it difficult to cater to the types of spontaneity or flexibility that women seem to value in prospective sexual partners. It strikes me as very challenging to be ambitious in one's career and physical health and physique while also having a vibrant sex life.

If someone was to say to me: oh, it's perfectly possible to date women in bars and have great results without touching alcohol. I would ask: where do I sign?
I haven't figured out a way to completely eliminate bars and drinking from early stage dating and relational formation. I've reduced it. That's possible. I've never liked staying up late, which is why I found the concept of day game appeal when I first started to learn about it. Even if you are a day game guy, you'll still likely need to host a date or two in a bar. Planning activity dates is quite challenging. Home dinner dates often involve 1-2 drinks before going back to the bedroom for sex.

FinallyAlpha

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're probably better suited for doing day game ultimately but some obstacles remain.

You need to drop approach anxiety. Day game has higher barriers to entry as fewer men are able to approach unknown women at non-bar venues while sober. It's not easy to do.
And so begins the project of developing a solid day game.