Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The next level of virtual life

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today in a Communication lecture we were discussing rumours of a Sims game coming out (or it could be out already) where you control a character in a big multiplayer city, doing things that real people do in real life (getting a job, going to a club, kissing a giwwwwrlfwiend, etc).

The lecture really made me think (now my brain hurts). Now people said during the time of the television that it could replace *real life*. They were wrong. But the fact is, the television can't replace real life because the two concepts are completely different.

But what if somebody could design a system that could emulate real life to every detail, from your 5 senses, without the pain and downfalls of real life? Hearing and sight are already covered. Smell is simple, touch might require some adjustments, and taste wouldn't be particularly difficult (routing of wiring into the various areas of the tongue).

Will concepts like "The Sims" replace real life altogether? It is quite tempting for 99.99% of the population - a "real life" where everything goes your way, without the worries of a real job, a real girlfriend, or improving yourself (you'd just speed up your virtual life and you'll be hot and muscly in 2 seconds).

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lie

Will concepts like "The Sims" replace real life altogether? It is quite tempting for 99.99% of the population - a "real life" where everything goes your way, without the worries of a real job, a real girlfriend, or improving yourself (you'd just speed up your virtual life and you'll be hot and muscly in 2 seconds).
Perfection is boring. And 99.99% figure is way off. Very few people would actually decide to live in a video game.

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, that reminds me of a discussion I had in a history class (which turned into a philosophy class) about whether you would choose the simulated, almost perfect life, or whether you would live in reality. Makes me think of the Matrix too.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how would they support this habit if they chose to live in a virtual world? Virtual money?

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ever played 'syndicate' or 'syndicate wars'?

i believe we are headed that way..

DJoystick DJango

Don Juan
Reaction score
The meaning of life?

Forget about emulating senses ... final level will not come until such a time that you can replicate all aspects of true sex, including - getting her pregnant and giving birth to your "real" child, every male on this planet will still have the urge to propergate.

Every single thing you do can be boiled down to getting p*ssy ! Thats why you eat, drink, sleep, fight and keep trying to impress over the competion, whether in sports, arts, or work.

Becoming real good at getting women, made me stop "needing" to be rich, and slaving my as off.

-JJ

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actaully, they already have. Richard Bandler's evolution of NLP, DHE , is about only having fun and pleasure and never suffering again...
Weird ain't it?

BBB

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: The meaning of life?

Originally posted by DJoystick DJango
Forget about emulating senses ... final level will not come until such a time that you can replicate all aspects of true sex, including - getting her pregnant and giving birth to your "real" child, every male on this planet will still have the urge to propergate.

Every single thing you do can be boiled down to getting p*ssy ! Thats why you eat, drink, sleep, fight and keep trying to impress over the competion, whether in sports, arts, or work.

Becoming real good at getting women, made me stop "needing" to be rich, and slaving my as off.

-JJ
Ok Freud :rolleyes:

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you saw "Vanilla Sky" that is the exact choice Tom Cruise had to make, a dream world vs. the real world. In the end he chose the real world.

Dietzcoi

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What if somebody could design a system that could emulate real life to every detail, from your 5 senses, without the pain and downfalls of real life? Hearing and sight are already covered. Smell is simple, touch might require some adjustments, and taste wouldn't be particularly difficult (routing of wiring into the various areas of the tongue).
How do you know you're not already in such a system?

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MVPlaya
How do you know you're not already in such a system?
Quite simple: the almost supernatural amount of pain and downfalls I've suffered already.

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today in a Communication lecture we were discussing rumours of a Sims game coming out (or it could be out already) where you control a character in a big multiplayer city, doing things that real people do in real life (getting a job, going to a club, kissing a giwwwwrlfwiend, etc).

The lecture really made me think (now my brain hurts). Now people said during the time of the television that it could replace *real life*. They were wrong. But the fact is, the television can't replace real life because the two concepts are completely different.

But what if somebody could design a system that could emulate real life to every detail, from your 5 senses, without the pain and downfalls of real life? Hearing and sight are already covered. Smell is simple, touch might require some adjustments, and taste wouldn't be particularly difficult (routing of wiring into the various areas of the tongue).

It's impossible to us right now. Maybe in the very far future ahead it might be possible and that is a big maybe. It would require artificial intelligence and we haven't even scratched the surface of that. Also, it would need a bit of randomness to survive. Computers cannot operate randomnly, it's impossible for them.

Pook

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember when the Sims first came out because a change occurred in several of my buddies.

These guys were quake addicts. When they weren't playing, they were arguing over what the best weapon is, what the best tactic is, and so on. All of a sudden, they started arguing over what the best wallpaper was, which furniture had the most impact, and such. Curious by their sudden change, I had to investigate! So a friend sat me down in front of the Sims to see what the commotion was about.

It is the perfect metaphor for most people's lives.

In the 'Sims', your characters would marry whomever was in their proximity, would spend money on worthless junk like paintings, couches, bigger TVs, and the "goal" of the game seemed to buy the most expensive couches, paintings, and other furniture.

This is a slam dunk in how woman's interest goes.

No, the characters don't dream. They just merely go to work, make money, and spend that money on more expensive junk around the house. And analysts are stunned as why this game is the big hit with women!

I have no idea if the sequel is the same way, or if the multiplayer version or expansion packs are the same way, but the Sims' world is nothing more than management of an eight-prong stomach.

If you notice that most games are masculine. You are the hero to save the world. You must save the princess. You must guide armies to victory! When you were young, you played 'Capture the Flag' and 'Fort' and you do the same thing when you're older with FPS games. It's not so much different.

Would it be safe to assume that this depiction in video games (of a hero saving the world, playing Capture the Flag) represents many men's imaginations to an extent? Sure.

Now look at the Sims with it being a purposeless existence whose goal is only material comfort, of additional furniture, paintings, junk, marrying whomever best can provide those things (and is nearby), and being an eight-prong stomach. Is this the end of the imaginations of many women?

Answer if you dare.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pook
I remember when the Sims first came out because a change occurred in several of my buddies.

These guys were quake addicts. When they weren't playing, they were arguing over what the best weapon is, what the best tactic is, and so on. All of a sudden, they started arguing over what the best wallpaper was, which furniture had the most impact, and such. Curious by their sudden change, I had to investigate! So a friend sat me down in front of the Sims to see what the commotion was about.

In the 'Sims', your characters would marry whomever was in their proximity, would spend money on worthless junk like paintings, couches, bigger TVs, and the "goal" of the game seemed to buy the most expensive couches, paintings, and other furniture.

No, the characters don't dream. They just merely go to work, make money, and spend that money on more expensive junk around the house. And analysts are stunned as why this game is the big hit with women!

I have no idea if the sequel is the same way, or if the multiplayer version or expansion packs are the same way, but the Sims' world is nothing more than management of an eight-prong stomach.

If you notice that most games are masculine. You are the hero to save the world. You must save the princess. You must guide armies to victory! When you were young, you played 'Capture the Flag' and 'Fort' and you do the same thing when you're older with FPS games. It's not so much different.

Would it be safe to assume that this depiction in video games (of a hero saving the world, playing Capture the Flag) represents many men's imaginations to an extent? Sure.

Now look at the Sims with it being a purposeless existence whose goal is only material comfort, of additional furniture, paintings, junk, marrying whomever best can provide those things (and is nearby), and being an eight-prong stomach. Is this the end of the imaginations of many women?

Answer if you dare.
I'll stick to Vice City. Much more fun. :D

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Answer if you dare.
I think chicks like it because it has to do with the home and creating a sense of comfort....I'm not sure I would go as far to say they are all gold-diggers.

Libertine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: The next level of virtual life

Originally posted by Levex
Perfection is boring. And 99.99% figure is way off. Very few people would actually decide to live in a video game.
There is no Perfection.

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I So a friend sat me down in front of the Sims to see what the commotion was about.

Answer if you dare.
Definately. Play is practise for real-life.

Women need this material comfort, but where do they get their dose of 'dyckin' in the Sims? Is there some way to satisfy their monthly cravings for Alpha-man juice?

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too right, squirrels.

Never gave that any thought until now - thats given me something to think about. Cheers.