Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The new role model is a beta male.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolute classic response, and the line from the Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the Devil" is priceless.

Comment: It is Madison Ave crap...I know because I work on Madison Ave. We make the masses of puppets dance. It is great fun watching women with eating disorders and men on steroids destroy themselves for phony images we create. Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name...

Everyone should listen to that comment, especially women.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The article's obviously missing the point about masculinity, evidently equating the "alpha dog" with heartless criminal types.

So what do they do? Say it implies the dead opposite is the "new male standard," and cite a motion picture fairy tale such as Knocked Up to somehow try to prove their absurd point.

We don't have much to be concerned about, having the option not to buy into it ... but the implications of this kind of crap being shoveled at boys are not so benign...

It ain't all so black and white. Masculinity does not imply engaging in a constant "pissing contest." What's missing are the articles about positive masculinity (which I personally think Al Gore fits way better than the suck-up / loser implied by the context of the article being discussed).

Last edited:

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thought occurs; even without the psychological defense mechanisms , to protect the ego, AFCs/betas would still be difficult to unplug. There is so much conflicting "evidence" to the contrary to reinforce their beliefs- female friends, mothers, family members, similarly programmed guys, movies, TV, magazines all tell them that the AFC/beta/"Nice guy" is what women want.

Over a lifetime, this sets the social standard by which they operate by- they think that this is genuinely how the world operates, and they have no reason to question it; this is the "world" that I pointed out earlier. Now even if said AFC/beta/"Nice guy" is rational and is willing to learn, and detach his ego from his "world", he's still going to be difficult to convince since the vast majority of everything he hears completely supports his view of how the world operates. Any contradictions to his "world" from female behavior is also dealt with via social conventions- the girls who don't conform to his "standard" of female behavior are deficient in some manner; the girl who goes for the muscular jock is "shallow, the girl who goes for the rich ******* is a "gold digger", the girl who sleeps around alot is a "slut", etc. To him, the standard isn't deficient in any way- the people who fail to meet it are (this is the case with "worlds" other then the one of how women operate- but that's another story).

What does all of this mean? It means that the "world" that the beta/AFC/Nice Guy operates in is logical, consistent, supported by evidence, and reinforced on almost a daily basis. That's why, even aside from the ego investment, that its so difficult to unplug guys from the matrix.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not trying to excuse AFCism, but I can see how it came to be. Women and their media partners in crime send out so many mixed messages. Just like this article: beta men good, alpha men bad. For decades women say they wanted a sensative man, then the first thing you notice is they're with the biker/bad boy. I gotta admit, in my AFC days, it was brutally confusing.

The theories on this site are constantly bashed, by AFCs, and some women on here who are trying to dismiss the DJ philosophy. Yet in the long run, women will want a DJ more than the sensative guy they so proclaim to love.

After awhile, reading all these tips, looking at the books, reading articles, etc., it gets exhausting. Let's see, I gotta be strong, yet kind; I gotta be tough, yet sensative; I gotta be funny, yet serious. I gotta have a big-time career, but the woman doesn't want a strong career man.

Whew, that's exhausting. The media really needs to shut up and let men be men.

Like I told a friend, "I can't be everything to everyone, especially women." Yes, one has to rid themselves of their AFC ways, but frankly I have this to say about all the Alpha/Beta, masculine/sensative, blah, blah, blah, mixed messages b.s. : f-ck it.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WestCoaster said:
Not trying to excuse AFCism, but I can see how it came to be. Women and their media partners in crime send out so many mixed messages. Just like this article: beta men good, alpha men bad. For decades women say they wanted a sensative man, then the first thing you notice is they're with the biker/bad boy. I gotta admit, in my AFC days, it was brutally confusing.
It's the same trying to explain to someone the mechanics of money and how it relates to becoming wealthy at an early age.

Everyone is taught to get good grades in h/s, go to college, get a good job with a 401k, buy a house, and put 10% of your paycheck in a savings account. That's all good and fine, but it will keep you working until you are old. I wanna be retired when I am young enough to enjoy it to the max.

And with women it's STILL confusing. Even though I know better. Those AFC tendencies that we have been brainwashed with since birth can rear their ugly heads when you really don't want them to. At that point you have to consciously recognize the incorrect behavior and make logic overcome emotion. As long as you CAN recognize it you are usually ok, but it still sucks having to consciously watch your own thoughts and actions.

And once again, THERE IS NO MEDIA CONSPIRACY!

Sorry, I had to say that.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tmpgstx said:
I even had one guy ask me not to fvck his wife as she was hitting on me in front of him.
WTF? :eek:

Any man that would put up with his wife flagrantly disrespecting him like that is a loser. A real man would lay the law down that his wife should respect him in the way that she is sexually pure to him - with the threat that he would become a free agent.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
WTF? :eek:

Any man that would put up with his wife flagrantly disrespecting him like that is a loser. A real man would lay the law down that his wife should respect him in the way that she is sexually pure to him - with the threat that he would become a free agent.
Yea, if a dude has to be asking another dude politely to not stick his c0ck in his wife, he ought to have his balls cut off. Take that sh!t up with the REAL villain, the b!tch of a woman you married. What a loser.