Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Mystery Method Doesn"t Work

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I read "the game" which is the book Neil Strauss wrote about meeting and becoming great friends with mystery and learning his method. In the book he also deal with David D. and Ross Jefferies. And learns how to implement all that they have to say about the game.

All I really got out of it is that everyone has to find out what works for them. I know that I could never personally use the mystery method. I think magic is pretty gay and I'm not going to "peacock" around because it always struck me as the least masculine thing a person could do. Approaching strangers all day seems needy and makes you look insecure. Not the type of thing a man does if you ask me.

But if it works for mystery, more power to him. He's not me. Figuring out where you're game lies is like picking your major for college: they're all fine, you just have to see what suits YOU the best.

Also, getting a normal girl is not rocket science. You find out what it is that will attract a woman to you, then you display that to her in an affective manner. Take her out on a few dates. Whatever. But I'm not talking about trying to band chicks the first night I meet them anyway.

Learning NLP, and hypnosis, and all that other crap seems like overkill to me. Girls aren't THAT complicated. They're just people. Plus, I don't want to TRICK a girl into liking me. All that "I am the prize" is just silly affirmation. If you're the prize you don't have to TELL yourself that the whole time you're talking to a girl.

Plus, certain types of girls will respond to certain tactics. If you wear gaudy crap and peacock all day, you'll get the type of girl that likes that. Other girls will see you dressed like a moron and not dig it.

Remember, "the Game" is obvioulsy fictional to a level. Or at least the most real parts had to necessarily be cut out to make an interesting read. Its also largely promotional material for the seduction community.

c'mon, everybody has secret code names? They can seduce ANY girl they talk to? Most of them mysteriously don't have real jobs. Also, did you notice the amount of these guys who lived with their parents, even though they were in their thirties?

I know that I don't personally want to be that way. The Game consumed their whole lives. And that's a lot more sad than just not being able to get laid.

Kalel21

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Forms
I read "the game" which is the book Neil Strauss wrote about meeting and becoming great friends with mystery and learning his method. In the book he also deal with David D. and Ross Jefferies. And learns how to implement all that they have to say about the game.

All I really got out of it is that everyone has to find out what works for them. I know that I could never personally use the mystery method. I think magic is pretty gay and I'm not going to "peacock" around because it always struck me as the least masculine thing a person could do. Approaching strangers all day seems needy and makes you look insecure. Not the type of thing a man does if you ask me.

But if it works for mystery, more power to him. He's not me. Figuring out where you're game lies is like picking your major for college: they're all fine, you just have to see what suits YOU the best.

Also, getting a normal girl is not rocket science. You find out what it is that will attract a woman to you, then you display that to her in an affective manner. Take her out on a few dates. Whatever. But I'm not talking about trying to band chicks the first night I meet them anyway.

Learning NLP, and hypnosis, and all that other crap seems like overkill to me. Girls aren't THAT complicated. They're just people. Plus, I don't want to TRICK a girl into liking me. All that "I am the prize" is just silly affirmation. If you're the prize you don't have to TELL yourself that the whole time you're talking to a girl.

Plus, certain types of girls will respond to certain tactics. If you wear gaudy crap and peacock all day, you'll get the type of girl that likes that. Other girls will see you dressed like a moron and not dig it.

Remember, "the Game" is obvioulsy fictional to a level. Or at least the most real parts had to necessarily be cut out to make an interesting read. Its also largely promotional material for the seduction community.

c'mon, everybody has secret code names? They can seduce ANY girl they talk to? Most of them mysteriously don't have real jobs. Also, did you notice the amount of these guys who lived with their parents, even though they were in their thirties?

I know that I don't personally want to be that way. The Game consumed their whole lives. And that's a lot more sad than just not being able to get laid.
I think you should take aspects that you think will work for you and use them.

thekingdooder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Forms

Amen!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Juan_Man
Why are people taking classes on this sh!t? The best technique is to put yourself out there, get shot down royally, decide what worked and what didn't and adjust accordingly. There, a lesson at no charge but I do take donations :)
If it were that simple, you wouldn't be here, now would 'ya?

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

If you read the statement posted by Tucker Max, you'd see his "strategy" or game wasn't lines, or anything canned, and it was an attitude and understanding.

Attitude.

Sales, like poker, like meeting women is about reading or getting your target, understanding what they mean, truly listening, and adapting to that.

Incorporation.

Incorporate INTO you, the pieces you learn. A whole method won't blanketly work perfectly. There's too many variables.

I went through my personal library and I have a wide-array of "pick-Up" books, dating manuals, cd's, and so forth. My favorite is David D.

Why?

Because he got me started, at least initially, on a program, a path, a definite goal. I broke down what I wanted to improve, what results I wanted, how I envisioned them, and went out and learned them. I'm still learning. But I remember listening to those discs years ago while playing Vice City @ night all alone.

I'd make a note of a book, or a concept, and grab the book; I'd go to the root, so I could say I knew the information he imparted, then practice it.

That's just it, knowledge, information is useless without any sort of use. It's wasted. Just like education. Because there's the opportunity cost of time and money lost.

----------------------------

So what's my suggestion?

Learn. Read. Incorporate. If you search Tucker Max's site, he lists that reading and learning from other's, as well as watching other guys.

Never used Mystery, probably won't. Does it work in the real world, outside clubs? Can I incorporate it? Maybe. Time will, tell, it's not on my agenda, and 1 guru will not get you laid. Only you get you laid, because the best magick won't work unless you get off the couch.

A-Unit

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
If it were that simple, you wouldn't be here, now would 'ya?
I have no problem approaching, putting myself out there, and creating interest. Seduction is not my problem. My problem is maintaining interest to the point of getting into a serious relationship. That's why I'm here.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
I have no problem approaching, putting myself out there, and creating interest. Seduction is not my problem. My problem is maintaining interest to the point of getting into a serious relationship. That's why I'm here.
Then the Mystery Method may not for you.

Mystery may be a great PUA, but he's bad at maintaining relationships.

Not only from what I've read, but I've heard him say it himself.

Again, develop yourself into becoming the person you want to be, and the rest will mostly take care of itself.

It takes time - a weekend seminar, ebook or DVD set won't get it done.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to become more interesting. Women might be getting bored with you too soon, so they don't stick around.

wutang180

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Gangsta.... you just paraphrased what he said already
Originally posted by Gangster Of Love
You need to become more interesting. Women might be getting bored with you too soon, so they don't stick around.