Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Mystery Method Doesn"t Work

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
RE:

Lets see...$2500

5 pair of new dress slacks and jeans
5 shirts to match
couple of cool blazers and jackets
3 pair of nice shoes
cologne, silver rings

teeth whitening:
and about 5 books on improving your game.

and some change left over

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: RE:

Originally posted by SeldomSeen
Lets see...$2500

5 shirts to match
3 pair of nice shoes
cologne, silver rings

teeth whitening:

True, but you need a solid foundation (through books, or observing those who are successful) before going out in the field, otherwise you will just keep practicing BAD HABITS.

I wish I had read all the books/websites before ever doing my first approach, but, being that my first approach was back in 1996, none of this "community" was even around back then as far as I know.

But hey, I'm still young enough to unlearn past mistakes.

peace

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: RE:

I've been in the field for 22 years I know a few things here. Since oh about 1986 when I was hitting on all the girls at college.

SeldomSeen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: RE:

Originally posted by JC Jerkson
LOL I love this mindset. You aren't going to learn anything reading books. Experience and improving your game happens IN FIELD. Clothes don't even matter that much.

JC

It matter a whole hell of a lot. I was already decent before I knew about any of these communities. Books helped polish my game, websites such as these also... nice shoes and nice slacks got the looks too. You arent really distinguishing yourself as a DJ unless you have style and class. I've guys with game who dress like slobs and get laughed at. Clueless is no way to go. And my thread was a reply to those who waste money, $2500 for seminars when they can spend $1500 on their fashion and learning tools and go out themselves and learn game.

Last edited:

fyrefly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wutang180
I was watchin 20/20 about a month ago and they had a special on PUA: Particullarly the mystery method. They showed mystery giving his classes. Afterwards, they spoke to one of his students and that student agreed to be social proof for the camera crew.
the camera crew and him went to a night club.

To make a long story short... this guy had no game. He was just going around telling women "your nose wiggles when you smile" or some **** like that. He didn't get a number all night. I felt so sorry for him because this is a bruise to the PUA online community... He was such a loser.... lol....

To make a long story short, don't pay one dollar for a Mysterys Workshop, he is just another hustler like the other self-help gurus.
You have wutang in your name, that's what first worried me, then i read your post, i'm guessing you're about 12 or 13 or you're not too bright, you can teach anybody anything, whether they actually understand it is up to them, i can tell you everything you need to do to play basketball, but that won't make you michael jordan, wake up to the world man!

wutang180

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: The Mystery Method Doesn"t Work

Your arguement is flawed. First off, I'm alot brighter than you will ever be or can ever be. Secondly, I'm 25. Third, I'm a second degree black belt in the martial arts and I love martial arts movies (reason why I chose that name). Fourth, Wutang Clan is not a bad rap group and they are not as popular amoung people who are 12 as they are with people who are in their 20s. Fifth, someone who charges $2500 for a PUA class should have better techniques than " your nose wiggles when you smile. " I could have told this guy how to say this qoute for free.

Originally posted by fyrefly
You have wutang in your name, that's what first worried me, then i read your post, i'm guessing you're about 12 or 13 or you're not too bright, you can teach anybody anything, whether they actually understand it is up to them, i can tell you everything you need to do to play basketball, but that won't make you michael jordan, wake up to the world man!

wutang180

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: RE:

Good thinking seldomseen. I wish this guy would have seen your advice before paying 2500 plus mysteries personal expenses. He could have paid about $1250 by going shopping at a local outlet mall and still have $1250 left in change to cover for 6 months of dating.
Originally posted by SeldomSeen
Lets see...$2500

5 shirts to match
3 pair of nice shoes
cologne, silver rings

teeth whitening:

fyrefly

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: The Mystery Method Doesn"t Work

Your arguement is flawed. First off, I'm alot brighter than you will ever be or can ever be. Secondly, I'm 25. Third, I'm a second degree black belt in the martial arts and I love martial arts movies (reason why I chose that name). Fourth, Wutang Clan is not a bad rap group and they are not as popular amoung people who are 12 as they are with people who are in their 20s. Fifth, someone who charges $2500 for a PUA class should have better techniques than " your nose wiggles when you smile. " I could have told this guy how to say this qoute for free.
Okay so because 1 guy failed the mystery method sucks, what about the thousands that it has worked for, i just thought a 25 year old would be smart enough to be judge something by more than 1 single participant, that's all

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i saw that on tv and the main reason he didn't do well was because of his voice tone. he talked in a rehearsed manner and it was obvious. i don't blame him though because he's a beginner; and the fact that he had microphones attached to him and a camera crew nearby certainly didn't help him. the mm stresses the importance of taking action until you become congruent with the material. if this guy was dedicated to the program, i'm sure he would have rocked had he used the same exact lines six months later.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by john_1234
i saw that on tv and the main reason he didn't do well was because of his voice tone. he talked in a rehearsed manner and it was obvious. ..
And this is why I don't feel that memorized lines are all that effective. If what a guy says doesn't match his character the obvious incongruence will be his downfall.

I can remember when I first studied Speed Seduction, it made perfect sense to me since I had already studied Neuro Linguistic Programing (NLP) for a couple of years. I memorized a myriad of patterns for practically every occasion. The first time I used it on a date I heard the words come out and the voice in my head said "This is bvllsh1t!!!" Actually, it just didn't work for me and my personality.

Guys need to understand their personality and character before deciding on a particular method to follow. It'll make it easier to incorporate the theories into their own personality and then interact with women naturally; without having to memorize what someone else has created that actually works for their personality.

wutang180

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Mystery Method Doesn"t Work

for a news show as widely watched as ABCnews, don't you think that mystery should have went to the clubs to be social proof for those who might be interested in p\paying 2500 dollars and for those who doubt him? You have to admit that the AFC that represented the PUA community had no business being infront of camera. However, I'm almost sure that several months after this segment, he probably is an awesome pick-up artist that can compete with the best of them. I wonder why mystery didn't just mack himself... Can you imagine how much publicity and free advertisement these news channels give?

I'm not to sure on the objectivity of these news shows. Obviously, whoever did the editing for this segment was a bitter man or a femenist woman. This segmenet gave a bad name to all PUAs in the field.

I'm sure mystery could have gotten half of the numbers at the club. But the real question is why didn't he?
Originally posted by fyrefly
Okay so because 1 guy failed the mystery method sucks, what about the thousands that it has worked for, i just thought a 25 year old would be smart enough to be judge something by more than 1 single participant, that's all

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was watchin 20/20 about a month ago and they had a special on PUA: Particullarly the mystery method. They showed mystery giving his classes. Afterwards, they spoke to one of his students and that student agreed to be social proof for the camera crew.
the camera crew and him went to a night club.

To make a long story short... this guy had no game. He was just going around telling women "your nose wiggles when you smile" or some **** like that. He didn't get a number all night. I felt so sorry for him because this is a bruise to the PUA online community... He was such a loser.... lol....

To make a long story short, don't pay one dollar for a Mysterys Workshop, he is just another hustler like the other self-help gurus.

Yeah if ya dont know how to use it-AND if ur doing it on a chick thats not into to ur as* to begin with...Sorry just truth coming out...

"Turn Fear Into Curiousity"

MasterYoda

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where is this show I wanna see for myself that the Mystery guy's students fail?

Are you sure Mystery techniques aren' t good?

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if it doesnt work your not doing it right, either that or your ugly beyond help.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
More like

5 pair of new dress slacks and jeans 250$

5 shirts to match 250$
couple of cool blazers and jackets 1000$
3 pair of nice shoes250$
cologne, silver rings 250$

teeth whitening 500$

getting rejected my every UG in the bar on national television.

...Priceless.

wutang180

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing is that this guy was a pretty decent looking guy. I think that his problem was that he sounded to rehearsed. What he was saying to the girls really didn't fit his personality. His body language really didn't match what he was saying.

Originally posted by S0LID
if it doesnt work your not doing it right, either that or your ugly beyond help.

wutang180

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
getting rejected does suck... and I definitely agree with you that getting rejected in front of national television is pretty sad. If he had at least 1 number during the night that he was at the club, I would have respect for him. But he just seemed like a guy that had his **** in his hand ready to bust a nut at the sound of any female's voice.

Originally posted by HalfAddict
More like

5 pair of new dress slacks and jeans 250$

5 shirts to match 250$
couple of cool blazers and jackets 1000$
3 pair of nice shoes250$
cologne, silver rings 250$

teeth whitening 500$

getting rejected my every UG in the bar on national television.

...Priceless.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Although I'm not a big fan of the MM, I do believe that any aspiring PUA/DJ can gain valuable info from Mystery, and that the structure of his method is sound, but I don't care much for the indirect approach, routines, ignoring your target, etc...

That said, there's no way I'd spend that kind of money unless I was a hopeless, lifelong AFC

Also, it's foolish to base an opinion on one persons results, or lack thereof.

Learning PU takes time.

If you're under the illusion that taking a weekend seminar is going to convert anyone from AFC to PUA, you're sadly mistaken.

PU, like any skill, takes time, effort and practice.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
And this is why I don't feel that memorized lines are all that effective. If what a guy says doesn't match his character the obvious incongruence will be his downfall.

I can remember when I first studied Speed Seduction, it made perfect sense to me since I had already studied Neuro Linguistic Programing (NLP) for a couple of years. I memorized a myriad of patterns for practically every occasion. The first time I used it on a date I heard the words come out and the voice in my head said "This is bvllsh1t!!!" Actually, it just didn't work for me and my personality.

Guys need to understand their personality and character before deciding on a particular method to follow. It'll make it easier to incorporate the theories into their own personality and then interact with women naturally; without having to memorize what someone else has created that actually works for their personality.
You're experience with SS/NLP was much like mine.

Wasn't natural, didn't sound right, nor part of my personality, therefore, I wasn't congruent with it.

If you're not congruent with what you're doing, it is more likely to fail.

My personality is more C&F and Direct, so I use a Direct approach and method, along with some C&F and have been happy with the results.

You make a good point: Learn what works best for you.

"Peacocking" may work for guys like Mystery, but most people are going to look ridiculous doing it because they can't correctly pull it off because it's not congruent with who they are.

"C&F" won't work for some guys, because they don't have the quick wit to come up with stuff on the fly.

My opinion is that once you get your inner game together, the rest seems to just fall in place.

Be confident, have the stronger frame, be a man.

And so on.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are people taking classes on this sh!t? The best technique is to put yourself out there, get shot down royally, decide what worked and what didn't and adjust accordingly. There, a lesson at no charge but I do take donations :)