The Missing Ingredient

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Testosterone

Let me preface by saying this thread does not belong in "HEALTH and FITNESS" as this is a critical to the Mature Man.

What is TESTOSTERONE?

Testosterone is a hormone responsible for normal growth and development of the male sex and reproduction organs, including the penis, the testicles, scrotum, the prostate and seminal vesicles. Testosterone promotes the development of the secondary male sex characteristics such as bone mass, fat distribution, muscle, hair patterns and voice modulation (a deep voice). It also maintains energy levels, sexual desire, fertility and mood.

The normal range of total testosterone for a man is 350-1200 ng/dl while 15-70 ng/dl are normal in women.

Let me say if you are below 500-600, this is considered LOW and may be affecting your life.

The testosterone range peaks for a man between the ages of 18-25. At the age of 30, it usually begins to gradually decline. Some men who do no monitor or address their T levels may run into testosterone deficiency also known as HYPOGONADISM. This is a condition where the brain secretes less luteinizing hormone (LH) which is the signal to the testes to produce more T.

Testosterone deficiency in the adult male

The first signs are a decline in mental and physical performance as well as psychological symptoms (depression, anxiety, irritability, difficulty concentrating). These non-specific symptoms are often not recognized as signs of a hormone deficiency but attributed to stress at work or at home. Many men report vegetative symptoms such as sweating, feeling cold, hot flashes, dizziness and palpitations.

A testosterone deficiency can also influence a man's sex life. There is a decrease in sexual desire (libido) and in the ability to have an erection. Every man has erection problems now and again. A typical sign of a testosterone deficiency is the absence of spontaneous morning erections.

As sperm production is also controlled by testosterone, fertility is also reduced in men with testosterone deficiency.

The typical male pattern of hair growth is lost (reduced beard growth, decreasing body hair). The skin becomes dry and thin.

Another sign of a testosterone deficiency is a decrease in muscle mass leading to loss of muscle strength. At the same time a female fat distribution develops (mainly in the abdominal area).

An untreated testosterone deficiency leads to osteoporosis (bone thinning). The risk of sustaining a fracture increases. This is further compounded by the fact that the testosterone deficiency also leads to weakening of the muscles that hold the skeleton together.

As testosterone also stimulates the production of red blood cells, men with a testosterone deficiency also often have anemia.

Do you feel tired often? Do you have a lack of libido lately? Are you depressed? Is life just passing you by? Do you feel a loss of control? Do you feel disempowered?

You may have low T.

Why is TESTOSTERONE important to the MATURE MAN?

Besides the obvious reasons stated above.

Testosterone is Life's LIBIDO. It is the very essence of ZEST and PASSION. It creates EMOTION and ENERGY. Testosterone is FEELING LIFE.

Without it, you are a LIFELESS object.

Your mind and body CANNOT run as effectively in a testosterone deficient state.

Why women are not attracted to and can sense low testosterone?

Have you ever seen men who were unsuccessful with women (lol, I almost forgot what site this is ;-) ) What do they all have in common?

They overthink and lack confidence.

Why is it women ALWAYS say I want a man with CONFIDENCE?

When in a high TESTOSTERONE state, you think less and ACT more. Have you ever left the gym after 10 sets of heavy squats and said "O boy, I am nervous". LMAO. Come on now.

Why is the ALPHA MALE successful with women?

The ALPHA MALE possesses natural masculine qualities. He has higher TESTOSTERONE LEVELS. .

Gentlemen, I am sorry to inform you. You cannot become an ALPHA MALE in a testosterone deficient state.

You WILL remain a feminine man with hypogonadism. Here are the differences between high and low testosterone.

Feminine guy vs Masculine guy

Doesn't really know what he wants in life

Knows exactly what he wants and is going after it

Feels intimidated by beautiful women, possibly even a little scared around them

Feels confident around beautiful women, knowing that no matter how masculine a woman may behave, she can never be more of a man than he is. "She's just a girl dude…"

Cries when life gets tough

Feels the emotion, but remains in control of himself. Focuses on learning from the experience, rather than looking for pity

Feels uncomfortable taking the lead in social situations

Comfortably and confidently takes the lead when appropriate

Why ACTION and not THOUGHT can only address this deficient state?

Do you realize testosterone levels can increase by THOUGHT. It has been proven after watching a football game, the men whose team won had an increase of 30% while the men of the losing team had a decrease in T levels. AMAZING!

This means if you are a WINNER in life or a self-perceived winner your T levels should be baseline higher.

However whether you are Donald Trump or Donald Duck, a RUSH will only be a RUSH for so long .This is not a permanent solution to correct a deficient state.

A deficient state is a hormonal problem and needs to be addressed with proper hormonal manipulation.

How can we increase out T levels naturally?

Diet

A diet high in saturated, mono unsaturated fat with essential EFA's has proven very effective to increasing T levels.

However eating a diet higher in fat certainly increases your calories. So you must increase your energy expenditure with a good workout routine or lower your carbohydrate intake by the increase in excess calories.

Power T foods that have worked for me include meats, peanut butter, eggs, flaxseed or fish oil.

Exercise

Some men are naturally blessed with high T levels without exercise. If you are not, you must incorporate an intense workout routine. Go to Health and Fitness board to get acclimated.

Heavy weight is a MUST for optimum T production.

Heavy CORE exercises MUST be utilized. This includes HEAVY bench, squats and deadlifts.

Supplements

I am sure there are a lot of effective supplements for T production. My personal favorite is Tribulus Terrestrius. If you are in a deficient state, this is a MUST.

Another MUST,as reminded to me by MR. Positive is ZINC. If you do not receive the proper intake of ZINC through diet your body will produce very little T. This should be the staple mineral in your diet.

Be sure to take a multi-vitamin as well. There are so many mechanisms in the hormonal system , do not let a missing electrolyte, mineral or vitamin deter you from optimum production.

Gentlemen, I hope this helps.

Last edited:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Guru, good information. I might add, if I may, that one other thing is also ESSENTIAL for good T levels:

SLEEP. Good, solid, deep sleep. Every night. 6-8 hours.

And I will note, from personal experience, that having a good solid workout habit makes you sleep like the frikkin DEAD.

Thanks again,

Taiyuu

smackler

Don Juan
Reaction score
What if you sleep more then that?

And if you're a vegetarian what should you eat? (I am).

this topic's cool.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The important part of sleep is the REM state. Where you are dreaming and your Body is producing high levels of Growth Hormone in this time.
In the morning , at about 5 to 7 am, Test levels rise dramatically, resulting in the 'morning wood' effect.

Taking ZMA ,Omega 3s, and Trib will maintain optimum Test levels when you are run down and stressed.
Good workouts, and good rest are crucial to maintaining proper T levels.
If you are a Vegetarian. You may need to add more Nuts which are high in EFAs and Magnesium, another crucial mineral necessary.
Protein can still come from Soy, Legumes, a wider variety of vegetables, and many grains. There ARE some Grains which are actually Very Protein rich.
And if you are Lacto-Ovo you can include Eggs, milk, cheeses, and yogurts for added EFA and Protein, and Calcium of course.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try Novedex for boosting natural testosterone levels. Basically, Novedex is an anti-aromotase agent so it blocks your body's ability to convert testosterone into estrogen. When this blocking happens, your body is tricked into thinking that it has enough estrogen and continues converting all available cholestrol, found from omega 3's, into testosterone. 30 day cycle of Novedex is sufficient to adapt your body into producing huge amounts of testosterone while maintaining low, adequate amounts of estrogen.

I know I just sounded like a sales representative for Novedex but I wanted to make it clear how Novedex works. From personal experience, my natural state is more relaxed yet more confident. My personal strength in the weight room is ground breaking. I'm hitting personal best every week in the gym. Libido is through the roof and I'm getting better at learning how to control it. This means not getting an erection every time a hot chick sits next to me. Stress is still there but I'm now starting to treat it as a nuisance that just needs to be dealt with.

And guess what, fellas? No *****-tits. Haha. Why? Because Novedex tricks your body into thinking that it has enough estrogen AND it doesn't promote any more estrogen production.

For active young men like me, Novedex is at least recommended. It may or may not work for you, but what have you got to lose?

Juando

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been reading about Tongkat Ali and Maca, promoted as adaptogens that stimultate Testosterone production by the body.

I'm deducing from my behavior and condition that my T levels are good but I'm curious if I can tweak to even better condition....

Anyone out there have experience with these substances?

(Tongkat is a root from Malaysia, Indonesia; Maca from Peru).

Reaction score
I just started working graveyard.. ugh it sucks I'm all out of whack.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bat said:
Try Novedex for boosting natural testosterone levels. Basically, Novedex is an anti-aromotase agent so it blocks your body's ability to convert testosterone into estrogen. When this blocking happens, your body is tricked into thinking that it has enough estrogen and continues converting all available cholestrol, found from omega 3's, into testosterone. 30 day cycle of Novedex is sufficient to adapt your body into producing huge amounts of testosterone while maintaining low, adequate amounts of estrogen.

I know I just sounded like a sales representative for Novedex but I wanted to make it clear how Novedex works. From personal experience, my natural state is more relaxed yet more confident. My personal strength in the weight room is ground breaking. I'm hitting personal best every week in the gym. Libido is through the roof and I'm getting better at learning how to control it. This means not getting an erection every time a hot chick sits next to me. Stress is still there but I'm now starting to treat it as a nuisance that just needs to be dealt with.

And guess what, fellas? No *****-tits. Haha. Why? Because Novedex tricks your body into thinking that it has enough estrogen AND it doesn't promote any more estrogen production.

For active young men like me, Novedex is at least recommended. It may or may not work for you, but what have you got to lose?
NOLVADEX is an anti-estrogen to prevent AROMATIZATION during a cycle of testosterone. When you inject testosterone, your body will aromatize some of the T into estrogen.

Nolvadex is actually weak in comparison to ARIMIDEX which eliminates aromatization 100%. Second in line of anti-estogens is Proviron. Nolvadex would be my last choice.

Yes it can increase free T levels alone.

BUT,

Why would you recommend anyone to put a foreign PRESCRIPTION anti-estogen into their body. If what I was advocating was PRESCRIPTION, I would recommend 500MG of CYPIONATE, 50MG TRENBOLONE with 50 MG arimidex and 2 Iu of GH/day.

The purpose of this thread was to teach the importance of TESTOSTERONE. As well, educate how to elevate it NATURALLY.

To SUGGEST for anyone to take prescription anabolics, androgens or anti-estrogens without proper education is ABSURD. I love it how a guy goes to the gym for a few years, does a few cycles and then preaches anabolics.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If that's the case, my apology.

LOL. From my circle, NOLVADEX is never misconstrued. Must be great for advertisements.

I run into a lot of young guys in the gym who push JUICE to the naive and it pushes my buttons.

My T is a little too high lately. :cuss:

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you do for a living, guru?

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've started taking a zinc supplement thanks to guru1000 and Mr. Positive from another topic. I'll let you know how it works. Cheers!

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bat said:
What do you do for a living, guru?
Financial. Bodybuilding has been a hobby of mine since the age of 14. I have competed and placed in several pre-national and national level bodybuilding contests in my early twenties. However, bodybuilding is more of a past-time for me now. Although I still enjoy the sport.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
romangod said:
I've started taking a zinc supplement thanks to guru1000 and Mr. Positive from another topic. I'll let you know how it works. Cheers!
If you were deficient in Zinc, you should have a considerable difference. Also, check your total T, free T, GF-1 level, cholesterol, LH and FSH through a blood test to get a more accurate estimation of where the problem may be. Health insurance will cover the cost of the test, otherwise it would run $200. It will be the best $200 you have ever spent.

Do a google search on Hormonal Replacement Therapy to find a list of doctors that will readily send a lab to do the blood work.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Financial?

Haha, I love the irony. For a second, I thought you were an expert nutritionist or were involved in the pharmacy industry by the way you started talking about prescription strengths and dosages.

I hear the kettle calling...

scrapperdog, make sure you only take 2 pills per day for 30 days (well your supply will only last 30 days if you take 2/day). After that, stay off it for another month to let your body naturally adapt.

Some of the advice you give is mediocre at best, guru. Don't mean to rain on your parade but you just don't have the credibility/expertise to talk with authority about interactions of hormones and age. Ironically, I don't either with my Novedex but I was speaking from personal experience. Jury may still be out on effects of Novedex but that doesn't mean I can't talk about how much it has helped me, and younger active men like me should look into it.

Besides, this topic has already been covered in great detail:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17008

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
scrapperdog, make sure you only take 2 pills per day for 30 days (well your supply will only last 30 days if you take 2/day). After that, stay off it for another month to let your body naturally adapt.
And this is your recommendation DR.? How does one's body naturally ADAPT?

You cycle off for two reasons.

1)because your body stops responding to it. The receptors site are IMMUNE to it's effects.

2) In time, if the body senses too much T in the bloodstream, it ceases it's own release of luteinizing hormone (LH). This will will stop natural T production. At this point, the only T your body will be receiving will be from the oral pill you are swallowing. This will also be at irreguar intervals. Once you cease taking the supplement, your T levels will be very low and may take months,(for some, years) to recover 100%.

Of course, this is only SAFE to assume if the product works.

Some of the advice you give is mediocre at best, guru. Don't mean to rain on your parade but you just don't have the credibility/expertise to talk with authority about interactions of hormones and age.
How do you know?

Ironically, I don't either with my Novedex but I was speaking from personal experience. Jury may still be out on effects of Novedex but that doesn't mean I can't talk about how much it has helped me, and younger active men like me should look into it.
LOL.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I almost made a post about this the other night.

I think my T levels are insanely high at the moment. I've been on a diet that is low in carbs, but high in fat, protein, and calories. I get about 250g (maybe 300 on a good day) in protein and I don't eat saturated fats.

I've been lifting a lot. My bench is up from about 180 to about 210 pounds and I've gained about 20 pounds (I think mostly muscle) in the past three months or so. My dead lift is up to about 270. When I started doing deadlifts about three months ago, I could barely do half that.

Anyway, I've been feeling insane recently. This is going to sound like a joke, but all I've felt like doing the past month or so is fighting, fvcking girls, or jerking off. It reminds of that Simpsons episode when Ralph Wiggums' parents gave him testosterone injections and he says in his high-pitched voice that all he feels like doing is fighting.

I've got a pretty good feeling this is high testosterone levels.

I was out with some friends on Friday night and it was after we watched a team we support suffer a tough loss. We ran into some little bastard who was about 5'5", 125 pounds and was wearing our opponent's colors. The guy was trying to antagonize us and I can't tell you how close I came to beating the hell out of him.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
Anyway, I've been feeling insane recently. This is going to sound like a joke, but all I've felt like doing the past month or so is fighting, fvcking girls, or jerking off. It reminds of that Simpsons episode when Ralph Wiggums' parents gave him testosterone injections and he says in his high-pitched voice that all he feels like doing is fighting.

I've got a pretty good feeling this is high testosterone levels.

I was out with some friends on Friday night and it was after we watched a team we support suffer a tough loss. We ran into some little bastard who was about 5'5", 125 pounds and was wearing our opponent's colors. The guy was trying to antagonize us and I can't tell you how close I came to beating the hell out of him.
This is how they have come up with the infamous "Roid Rage".

One of the androgenic properties of T is aggresiveness. However, I have noticed you need to have a pre-disposition for aggressiveness for it to accelerate. Androgens such as testosterone just amplifies that feeling.

Many successful financial giants have noted higher T levels. This applies as well to the inmates sitting in the penitentiary. Now choose where to direct that energy.