Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"The Men Who Ran Away"

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A recent film about the massacre of 14 young women at L'Ecole Polytechnique in 1989 has reignited debate about a little-known aspect of this tragedy: the passive behavior of the 50 young men in the engineering class.

They meekly obeyed the gunman, Marc Lapine, 25, (left) when he ordered them to leave. Lapine proceeded to fire about 30 shots at the women, from left to right, leaving behind 9 victims, 6 of whom died. Before killing himself, he killed another eight women and wounded ten women & four men in the hallways, cafeteria and other classrooms. He reloaded a number of times but no one tackled him.

In the first classroom, he said to the girls: "Do you know why you are over there?"

One girl answered "No".

"I am fighting feminism."

The girl replied: "We are not feminists, I have never fought against men."

He aimed his hunting rifle and started firing.

In a suicide note, Lapine said: "I have decided to send the feminists, who have always ruined my life, to their Maker. For seven years life has brought me no joy and being totally blasé, I have decided to put an end to those viragos."

Feminist and lesbian activists were quick to exploit this tragedy as a "National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women," as if mass murder were an appropriate way to characterize this problem. White ribbons remind young women that within all men lurks a serial killer. Thus these activists destroy the trust which is at the heart of a woman's love for a man.

But what if, in that first classroom, the young men didn't separate from the girls, and then refused to file out of the class? What if they rushed Lapine instead? The irony is that the emasculation produced by feminism probably contributed to the tragedy. Men used to be protective of women. This point was raised recently by Mark Steyn in his review of the film ("Polytechnique") in Maclean's magazine:

"The defining image of contemporary Canadian maleness is not M Lépine... but the professors and the men in that classroom, who, ordered to leave by the lone gunman, meekly did so, and abandoned their female classmates to their fate--an act of abdication that would have been unthinkable in almost any other culture throughout human history. The 'men' stood outside in the corridor and, even as they heard the first shots, they did nothing. And, when it was over and [Lapine] walked out of the room and past them, they still did nothing. Whatever its other defects, Canadian manhood does not suffer from an excess of testosterone."
http://www.savethemales.ca/

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The irony is that the man who wanted to hurt feminism through violence means actually helped promote radical feminism. Every year in Canada there is always a big hoopla regarding this incident on that particular date:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/École_Polytechnique_massacre

The feminist movement is periodically criticized for appropriating the massacre as a symbol of male violence against women. For example, Charles Rackoff, a University of Toronto computer science professor, compared those organizing vigils marking the event to the Ku Klux Klan. "The point is to use the death of these people as an excuse to promote the feminist/extreme left-wing agenda", he wrote, adding that it is "no more justified"than the KKK using the "murder of a white person by a black person as an excuse to promote their agenda."

Less provocative critiques argue that Lépine was a "lone gunman" who does not represent men, and that violence against women is neither condoned nor encouraged officially or unofficially in western culture. In this perspective, feminist memorializing is considered socially divisive on the basis of gender and therefore harmful by bestowing guilt on all men, irrespective of individual propensity to violence against women.
Because of that retard that shot and killed all those women, I have to feel quilty for being a man every year on December.6, since feminists groups have lumped sum all men that have a problem with any of their beliefs into closet killers. Just yesterday some nut in Alabama went on a shooting rampage and killed 10 different people, but this incident will never gartner as much attention or remembered as much as the Polytechnique massacre because of feminism constant promotions and outcry.

As for the argument that men didn't step up to stop the killer, well there is a reason for it. It wasn't about saving the women but each person was thinking about saving their own life and in those situations when you aren't trained to deal with this sort of an incident then the best method is run and wait for the authorities.

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So let me get this straight: women are supposed to be equal to men, but the men should have protected them?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Da Realist said:
So let me get this straight: women are supposed to be equal to men, but the men should have protected them?
I'm not sure if that's really the issue. This guy could have said "Everyone (male and female) can leave except people with green eyes" and it's likely the results would have been the same. Though feminism is targeted objective here, I would say that the PEOPLE in this school were just flat out wusses to begin with.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
I'm not sure if that's really the issue. This guy could have said "Everyone (male and female) can leave except people with green eyes" and it's likely the results would have been the same. Though feminism is targeted objective here, I would say that the PEOPLE in this school were just flat out wusses to begin with.
These sorts of massacres have been cut short when a bunch of *people* ganged up on the shooter when they paused the reload.
Many more continued far longer because not a single person took advantage of a reloading pause to stop the shooter.

Furyguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man ****, what a depressing story.

You know, I think that before I found this site I was exactly the kind of person that would have walked out the door without doing anything, just like those guys did. After the killing happened, I would hide behind the bull**** excuse of "I figured it was just a prank" or some other such bull****.

But now I don't think so. I really think I would be strong enough to stand up. Weird how a site about picking up chicks can change a man so much.

Anyways, nice post, I'm glad you put it up.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
killing people does not equal solving a problem.
it just made it worse.