"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

The "maybe later" pattern

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
What is the number one things holding you back? Well even if you don't realise it then chances are it is laziness, people dont like being lazy and im going to help explain to you the number one way to break down laziness and start doing those things you have always wanted to. I have made alot of posts on laziness up to now but this tactic im going to share with you has been the most helpful tactic and without it i fear i couldnt of got NEARLY as far as i have. Up to now i have been to broad in destroying laziness and this time I concentrated a bit harder and looked at the best ways of defeating laziness and this is the result of that research.

Before i give you this simple yet effective tactic lets elaborate on exactly what the problem is.

The "Maybe Later" Pattern

I looked deeper in the mystery of laziness and this is what i found to be it's most common and destructive form, the "maybe later" pattern. By now, you have probably guessed what the maybe later pattern is but i will elaborate anyway. How many times have you excited yourself about improving yourself yet you never seem to do it, you know EXACTLY what to do, yet you still DONT do it. Say you want to get in to shape, what ussually happens is 'bob' says to himself "Okay starting Monday i'm going to get in shape, i will follow this strict diet, go to the gym 4 times a week and do cardio workouts 3 times a week". What Bob didn't realise is that all though it appears easy in words, he might not feel like it when it comes time to do it. So he never got anything done, what a dumbass. It's all right though, there is an answer.

The answer: baby steps

Chances are, i just insulted you by giving you such an easy solution to what appears to be such a complicated problem, but this works, ive seen it work on many people including myself and i can PROMISE you it works. This method is effective at improving any part of your life and minimizes the effects laziness have on you. Something you REALLY want to improve about yourself? Well baby steps, dont just jump straight in.

So why does this work? Well lets look at the pool analogy, if someone that had no clue how to swim you dont just chuck him in the deep end. You get his feet wet, get him used to moving around in the water, you teach him some basic strokes, etc, etc, and before you know it, he's a pro! If you chuck him right in the deep end then it is HIGHLY likely that hes going to have a bad experience and will be hesitant to even go in the shallow end.

A few examples

Getting in shape: Well remember bob? The guy who tried to get in shape but couldnt because he took on to much to soon? Well he just read my post and is prepared to give it another shot. So he decides to take eating healthy first, first he starts by getting rid of soft drinks and increasing his intake of water, once he becomes comfortable with that he starts substituting fruit for snacks. Then he starts changing his main meals. Then he starts going to the gym twice a week and starts to slowly increase that amount. After he has done that he starts doing one cardio workout a week and slowly increases its intensity / amount.

Gaining confidence: So your a shy prick? Well try out baby steps. First start talking more in family conversations, then start going to the shops and hanging around and get comfortable being at a place alone while being surrounded by strangers. After this you could start talking more to your friends, and maybe start talking to people your friends are talking to but you havent. Then try eye contact with complete strangers, then you can try a smile here and there if their girls. Now you can talk! Just a hi or something will do, and im sure you get the idea.

Academic studies: So your school work is slacking? Well just do a little bit of homework every now and then, slowly start to increase the amount of homework you do. If you dont have ANY homework then just do some study on something your interested in so you dont fall back in to your poor habits. You can do it just take it nice and slow!

TIP: Make sure you are completely comfortable with the step your on before moving to the next one. Dont lie to yourself your only going to end up back where you started. Also, if you cant go to the next step then take even smaller steps. :)

So im sure you get the idea now, this simple method can be used to approach ANY problem you have with getting things done. It's simplicity is only surpassed by its effectiveness so i strongly suggest you make use of it.

Good luck.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Cheatz

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia, Melbourne
lol, It's as if you were talking about me except with the name of "Bob". But the idea is appealing seeing how the approach on ones goal is done progressively.

The problem with me is I said I'll start weights on a monday but I never got the chance to read the "Gaining Mass" book I got. Talk about lazy :rolleyes:.
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
Brilliant Sammo! Can't believe i never realised the importance of starting off slowly

With each of your examples, i remember a time in my life when i did throw myself into the deep end, only to climb back out of the pool
 

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
Am I the only one who sees the correlation between this post and the "stay on track" post? I really like the "stay on track" post. I haven't planned out the calendar thing, but I do have a list of goals and mini goals planned out, it really shows regard to the whole "getting your feet wet" idea. I noticed that when i always got really hyped up, i would stumble, because I always had too much things to try and implement into myself at once. So right now I am taking things with one goal at a time. So far so good, I've been working on the Confidence thing and I know what to do each time because I broke down my goals and I'm accomplishing them. At first I thought it would be longer because the goals with the lower ratings would be neglected for a long time, but as I think about it I noticed that they aren't important to me, and that tey can be put on the backburner, as opposed to trying everything at once and accomplsihing nothing.
 

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
It's good to see some people are actually using my **** :) Thanks for the compliments by the way.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top