Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The 'Mature' AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am reading a good book on finance, and the debt that most people are in. When reading this book, I came to many instances were situations were comparable to topics discussed here. The goal of the book was to change the deep rooted ways to thinking, and convert the reader into a new mindset.

A particularly interesting chapter discussed an experiment done on monkeys that I believe is pertinent to this thread. This is probably a re-hash, or possibly a repost, but for those who have not heard of it before, it is extremely interesting.

A group of monkeys are placed in a confined cage to live in. A pole is placed in the center of the room with food at the top. The catch is when the monkeys attempt to climb the pole, a blast of water hits the monkeys and knocks them down. Obviously, the bravest monkeys go first, and get knocked down. The lesser ones observe this, and will actually prevent the 'alphas' ( if you could call them that) from going up. now it gets interesting. One by one, they replace the monkeys with new monkeys who attempt to go up to the top. They too are dragged down, but have not directly observed a blast of water. Eventually, all the monkeys are replaced, and have never seen the water blast a monkey from the pole.....but they continue to drag down any group mate who attempts to climb.

They don't have a reason, and don't know why they are doing this.

The point is AFCs act like AFCs only because they observe it. There is no point being submissive, and living in a ****ty relationship, but everyone else pushes in todays society, so we don't question it. At one point, maybe the behavior proved to be beneficial ( although unlikely), so like our primate cousins, AFCs continue to drag themselves and others down.

We are in a state where the chumps in society try to drag the rest of us down pushing their self fulfilling ideologies onto others. Sadly, the older one gets, the more set in their ways and devoted to their beliefs they become. As morpheas once said, we normally do not remove anyone from the matrix past a certain age.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
As morpheas once said, we normally do not remove anyone from the matrix past a certain age.
Good post overall, but i want to steal another analogy from this movie.

Remember, when he had to choose between the pills, the choice still wasnt an easy one. The movie itself didn't even have a bias towards one choice or the other pesumably because the choice isn't a black and white one. Even after the fact, Keaneu either overtly or covertly (cant remember which) suggested he still wasnt sure if he had made the right choice. That's the part of the movie that my post touches on.

Mountainman

Don Juan
Reaction score
"AFCism isn't just for kids. The fallout and long term consequences carry over into middle and old age. One element to this is the notion that the last few generations of men have been brought up in a greater consentration by single mothers, absent fathers and negatively masculine/AFC fathers who themselves were brought up similarly."

This definately rings home for me. My parents split up when I was 9 (I'm now 32) and my mom remarried my stepfather. My stepfather was a saint but a major AFC! He was my role model and basically constantly sublicated to my mother who honestly can be a real pain in the ass. Anyway, long story short I can relate to the above statement and am glad that I found this site! My last relationship ended mostly because of bad timing but thinking back there we're plenty of $hit tests that I failed in the relationship....not again!

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad_Lil'Pixie - You're exactly right, as Freud says every man looks for his mother and every women her father. That's the reason why masculine/authoratitive men are successful and why guys stay with controlling manipulative *****es that makes their decisions for him. The truth is, he finds it easier and therefore he is probably happier. It's also the reason why guys find it soooo hard to break the AFC mold because it means giving up the dream of having another mother and actually having to take charge for themselves. It's harder and becomes even harder when you can't simply walk away.

I agree with Westcoaster except I think it applies to male friends as much. Alpha males are just as less likely to give up their power to Beta males.

Carpy

Don Juan
Reaction score
All the talk of the married AFC's and the behavior keeps me thinking one thought. The fear of being alone is powerful. Add in the the thoughts of i'll never get laid again, as AFC's tend to think, and that AFC will put up with almost anything to keep from being alone and not getting laid. I'm an AFC, probably more RAFC, i dont know, dont care, dont have time to worry if im AFC or RAFC or ABC or 123, what i've come to realize is this.
I dont mind being alone at all. I like my apartment, i like being able to go on a 2 day fishing trip whenever i feel like it, i really like not having my phone ring constantly from my g/f wanting to know where i am. I like not having to listen to some g/f compain about work or her friends or her family or whatever. I like not having to answer annoying questions.This list could go on and on.
I've pretty much ended seeing the last 5 girls i started dating, in less than 3 weeks each. They all just seemed like work too me and whenever i went to their houses all i did was sit there and think "i want to go home, this sucks". These werent bad girls or anything, they were just threats to my happiness i've come to love and appreciate. I dont need a girl to be happy. I cringe now when i hear stories from married friends about their relationships and think about my past. So many wasted years. Fork that, i'm free. My life is mine. I control it, not some girl using her sn atch to control me. They all seem to make me unhappy. So, mostly i date long enough to get laid, as soon as the she annoys me thoughts come, she's out. Behind that pretty face is a festering ball of emotions waiting to crush a mans will to be free and enslave him.
Screw that, there is happiness out there and a women wont be the one to bring it too you. You bring it too yourself. The right women can compliment your found happiness, but they will never be what brings it.

I used to hate being alone. Its a big adjustment after an 11 year relationship/ Real hard to get used too. When the ex first left, i put up with alot if **** from the wrong girls just because i didnt want to be alone. Sat around alot of nights waiting for one girl in particular to call me like she said she would. Then she'd show up drunk about 2am and I'd let her in, annoyed, but i wasnt alone at least. Dissapear for 2 days, then show up with some story.. Tell me how much she loves me yadda, enough to string me along. the sex was great though, For me and the other 3 guys she was banging(dont really know how many, but she was banging more than jsut me)

My point is this. Until all the married, unmarried whatever, AFC's realize they dont need a relationship or pvssy to be happy, they will not be happy. Once they realize that, the happiness will come. They will enjoy their hobbies, sports, friends, families, whatever it is they do more and life will be good. Once the happiness comes, a good girl may follow, if not, who cares your happy.

AFC'ism is like a party girl you cant get over. It will use you up and destroy your spirit while its out fvcking other guys and yet you let it continue to happen.

Maybe the real secret to understanding women, is to understand you dont need them. Period. You choose to have them.

Man, that got longwinded, but when read those posts about the AFC married guys and what they put up with and think back on my past it makes me cringe. I hope anything i wrote helps at least one person and had some relevancy to this thread..lol.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post Carpy.

I especially like this quote....

"The right women can compliment your found happiness, but they will never be what brings it."

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Carpy said:
My point is this. Until all the married, unmarried whatever, AFC's realize they dont need a relationship or pvssy to be happy, they will not be happy. Once they realize that, the happiness will come. They will enjoy their hobbies, sports, friends, families, whatever it is they do more and life will be good. Once the happiness comes, a good girl may follow, if not, who cares your happy....

...Maybe the real secret to understanding women, is to understand you dont need them. Period. You choose to have them.
:up:

A lot of this stuff is philisophical and hard to break down into real life. If you laid out a ruler along your lifeline, you could see increments. But, doing it yourself is too biased. It would be nice to get windy with a friend and have THEM explain to you where you went right, wrong, or achieved the next mile marker. That way, you can have the baseline "AFC"/society approved unit of measure to gauge your progress to. (Which is why your own measure of success is biased - you don't want to look back to AFC standards to see how far you've came in your development)

I was talking to a woman (in a friendly capacity) and exchanging stories when she told me: "Sounds like you can die happy."

There was a long pause in our conversation. I was too distracted listening to all the "clicking" in my head to continue speaking with her. When you think you are failing in life, or suck at whatever, or acting AFC... to have someone else, in not so many words, tell you that you are successful is huge.

Here is an example of a "mile marker": 3-ways. You hear guys, in general, speak of having 2 chicks at the same time as the holy grail. "If I could have a 3-way, oh man, I could die a happy man!" I remember having longed and yearned myself for the ol' menage. But just think of it: AFC. Really, you're are yearning for not just one woman, but TWO!

When you put it like that, it's easy to see that it's an AFC goal. I ended up having a few before I found this site. Now, after seeing the "before" and "after" of myself, I'm sort of like "Duh." They are hot, don't get me wrong, but I have to laugh: since they weren't a priority and I didn't care, that's how I ended up having them.

And that, plain and simple, is the essence of "success with women". I naturally didn't care (I was getting laid with one if not both, so, whatever). Sure 3-ways would enhance my "happiness", but I wasn't going to lose sleep over a fleeting moment of hotness.

Those 3-way chicks are long gone and I don't miss them. Will I ever have another 3-way? *shrug* Probably, because I don't care if I do or not. Will I ever get married? Probably, because I don't care if I do or not. Will I ever meet another chick and make it a game of how many times I can bump her head against the headboard before she moves? Probably, because... you get the idea.

When you stop and think for a moment, the folks that hang around here after they've been "unplugged" (barring moderators) are really AFC in this sense. I mean, this site is dedicated to "Learning secrets of meeting, dating, and attracting women". Once you know the secret is "don't make women a priority/make yourself the priority", then why hang around? You know the secret.

Educating the blind, some entertainment, yes, I know why we still hang around. But you understand what I'm saying. I'm still here because work is boring. Every once in a while I pick up a little gem or two, maybe have some views shifted a little - fine tuning I guess. But really, this site represents "questing for women": out of all the forums and websites on the internet, you pick the one "dedicated to getting chicks". Sorry, DJ's, if you are kicking yourself right now. But this:
Carpy said:
My point is this. Until all the married, unmarried whatever, AFC's realize they dont need a relationship or pvssy to be happy, they will not be happy. Once they realize that, the happiness will come. They will enjoy their hobbies, sports, friends, families, whatever it is they do more and life will be good. Once the happiness comes, a good girl may follow, if not, who cares your happy...

...Maybe the real secret to understanding women, is to understand you dont need them. Period. You choose to have them.
just leads me to wonder why I bother coming here anymore... hmmm.

My best guess as to why most of us are still here is:
Vulpine said:
If you laid out a ruler along your lifeline, you could see increments. But, doing it yourself is too biased. It would be nice to get windy with a friend and have THEM explain to you where you went right, wrong, or achieved the next mile marker. That way, you can have the baseline "AFC"/society approved unit of measure to gauge your progress to. (Which is why your own measure of success is biased - you don't want to look back to AFC standards to see how far you've came in your development)

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
misc

The focus on women bringing happiness or not is sort of missing the point. I presume i could be happy either way. But i certainly prefer a woman in my life, and without one (in my life), you could safely presume its at the top of my list in terms of things i'm working towards.

I have a friend that is still a virgin at 28, and I think he's been wanting to resolve that. I'm thinking of this because be careful about taking that "I dont need a woman to be happy" thought process too far, otherwise you might just end up justifying in your mind not doing any sarging at all.

Sir Drinksalot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just wanted to put my $0.02 in about men being raised by women:

While I agree not having a father doesn't help children at all (mine died when I was a kid and I was mostly raised by a single mom), the 3 biggest, mega whippped AFCs I've ever known in my life had great dads -who themselves were AFCs. I think this is akin to having a father who's an alcoholic. Even though it doesn't GUARANTEE that you'll become an alcoholic, the odds increase exponentially.

These guys grew up in households where the man, to one degree or another, did what he was told. The mother was in command.

This is worse than having no dad present when it comes to being a married AFC because --

1) the kid gets used to having a woman tell him and everyone else what to do
2) the kid learns from dad that being treated like a slave is preferable to being alone.

At least being raised by a single parent, I knew that I could live without a friggng spouse.

Not having a dad = bad

Having a dad who teaches his son how to be a submissive, henpecked, beaten puppy = much worse.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
I'm thinking of this because be careful about taking that "I dont need a woman to be happy" thought process too far, otherwise you might just end up justifying in your mind not doing any sarging at all.
"..not doing any sarging at all." "Sarging" is going out with the purpose of meeting chicks.

:nono:

You go out to be happy and have fun. You shouldn't, actually, be going out to "sarge".

But hey, that's just me and my opinion.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vulpine said:
You go out to be happy and have fun. You shouldn't, actually, be going out to "sarge".

But hey, that's just me and my opinion.
I fully respect someone's opinion. I disagree with you,as you can see, but that's cool. If i was unmarried, i'd be going out all the time with the primary purpose being to meet chicks.

But, in my opinion, you started a semantics argument. Why? Because ... I'm "happy and having fun" when i'm hunting the ladies.

Don't take this as me disagreeing with Carpy though. Sure, i believe some people can be as happy as possible without women at all. Now I cant, but maybe he can. And more power to him! I wouldn't trade places (or desires) though!

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir Drinksalot said:
Not having a dad = bad

Having a dad who teaches his son how to be a submissive, henpecked, beaten puppy = much worse.
Good point. A lot of this is cyclically passed down.

And by contrast, you'll notice that most so-called "naturals" had PIMP dads whom they had simply subconsciously emulated while growing up.

Therefore, you owe it to yourself and future sons to be a STRONG MAN and set a STRONG EXAMPLE. Daddies, don't raise your sons to grow up to be AFCs...

Status
Not open for further replies.