Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The manly side of Valentine's Day

SheDevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
This time of year I hear many men express how they HAVE to order flowers, HAVE to buy candies, or HAVE to make dinner reservations, etc... most make it sound like a chore and something they really would rather not do.

So, my question is...What about you? I feel this is a day for lovers, not just females. What would make the day special for you?

Last year, the Friday before Valentine's, I sent my love pizza at his office.

Two days before Valentine's, I went to a local pizza place and ordered 2 large heart shaped pizzas to be delivered to him. I was surprised that it was the first time they had such a request. But the manager was very nice and did a wonderful job.

My love and his three co-workers really enjoyed this surprise.

He really isnt the rose, balloon or candy type, but pizza will win his heart every time!

So this year I want to do something just as special, something that will thrill him.

So what would a mature man like to see happen on this day for lovers?

What is something I could do to show him how much I appreciate and care for him and to show him just how much he means to me?

You deserve special treatment too, don't settle for less.

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just like women, every guy is different. Me? I think chocolate chip cookies are a pretty nice treat.

Your guy may be different. The last serious relationship I was in - the lady in question got me an engraved genuine pewter key ring, while I had gotten her a pair of diamond earrings. Not exactly an even exchange.

It really all depends on whether he's a romantic or not. One happy couple I know, the girl got her man a framed picture of the rat pack ( he's a big Frank Sinatra fan)

You know him better than we do. If the gift is given with affection, than it really won't matter that much.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't get my chick sh!t for V-Day. you drop a bill and get a lame ass thank you fvck. instead, get her nothing, she gets pissed, you show some contrition, and then wild make up sex. plus i save $100 bucks.

i don't wait for V-Day to show my honey how special she is (or isn't). i'll buy flowers, send her a note, tell her, whatever...whenever i'm feelin it. V-Day is such a fraud.

for your guy, give him the best blow job of his life and swallow. sit him on the couch, tell him 'this is your present', do him up right, and ask for nothing in return. THAT shows affection more than anything (for a guy anyway).

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too Cold

You have been gone for a while, at least I haven't seen any post by you..

Welcome BacK!

I need all the help I can get.. the AFCs are increasing for some reason...

Dietzcoi

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most guys won't go for anything really romantic unless it's sex related. Most guys wouldn't care for flowers, candy or balloons. The pizza was a great idea! Tell me what guy doesn't like food?

Go out, get yourself some sexy lingerie and cook him a meal while wearing it. Sex and food will win a guy over anytime.

SheDevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I do show and tell him everyday how much he means to me, I leave little notes in his truck, or send him private little texts to his cell phone, and I love to call him when he is a few miles from the house and get things real stirred up so he comes in the door like a bull!!

Our day is not complete if we dont drift off to sleep in each others arms wearing nothing but grins.

I just wanted to come up with a special token or gesture, something a little out of our ordinary, something as unique and wonderful as him.

Thanks again!

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dietzcoi
Too Cold

You have been gone for a while, at least I haven't seen any post by you..

Welcome BacK!

I need all the help I can get.. the AFCs are increasing for some reason...

Dietzcoi
not really back per se! been working, picking up chicks, messing around. when i got to 500 posts (which isn't much) i took a step back and asked, "why am i here?...why am i wasting my time?"

yeah, AFCness is endless.

Magnus Pym

Don Juan
Reaction score
Last year a g/f gave me a spyderco pocket knife for V-Day. It is the only gift from a chick that I still have.

What was her name?????

Pym

SheDevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Too late Toocold.

The amazing blow job was first on my list of things to give him. ;-) Then a nice dinner, then a nice little massage, then any other desires of his I can think to meet, but this isnt 'unique' in my house, luv, it is common practice.

You are right tho, I have been listening to men struggle with the day, they really dread it. Their gifts are chores or staffed out to a subordinate to handle.

My love has lived through 43 Valentine days and last year was the first time he has ever been recognized and I will be damned if he will miss another!!

No, he doesnt give a rats as$ about it, he probably doesnt even realize it is approaching, but I do, it is never a chore for me to 'give' to him. I live for the moment.

TooCold, what I was saying is it isnt just a day for woman, woman should be thinking in terms of 'what can I give', not what will I get. Your SO certainly should, and a man shouldnt settle for less.

Magnus mentioned a pocket knife. My love uses a money clip, nothing special, maybe a money clip with something engraved on it, I could put it in place and see if he notices.

Just a little nothing that can mean everything!

Thanks, the suggestions have been wonderful.

Jon E

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
i don't get my chick sh!t for V-Day. you drop a bill and get a lame ass thank you fvck. instead, get her nothing, she gets pissed, you show some contrition, and then wild make up sex. plus i save $100 bucks.

i don't wait for V-Day to show my honey how special she is (or isn't). i'll buy flowers, send her a note, tell her, whatever...whenever i'm feelin it. V-Day is such a fraud.

for your guy, give him the best blow job of his life and swallow. sit him on the couch, tell him 'this is your present', do him up right, and ask for nothing in return. THAT shows affection more than anything (for a guy anyway).
:rolleyes:
You sound like a real catch.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick

oh yeah, i forgot to mention: SHE WILL DIG THE MAKE UP SEX MORE THAN STUPID AZZ FLOWERS OR CHOCOLATES!!!

so Missy's what did your bf give you on valentines day?

girl 1: eh, i got the usual flowers
girl 2: my bf ate a bananna out of my pvssy!!!! :D :D :D

girl 1 is jealous!

like i said, i don't wait for valentines day to give my honey flowers and stuff. so there!

shedevil's ex

Reaction score
What are you really looking for?

You always come off sounding so innocent when you write here.

I'm not being an a$$, if you want real suggestions or advice be real, be the devil you are, dont come off sounding like some damn mousey, flaky woman.

I am not mad and I am not hear to bust balls over anything. But you are not some current version of Snow White you lead people to think.

"I leave love notes in his truck" - I know you better then this, you jumped his ass in the drivers seat before he has a chance to kill the engine.

"I sent him heart shaped pizza" - what you left out was, "and he drank a $200 bottle of scotch off me and out of me".

".....comes thru the door like a bull" - again, "because I was giving him head on the drive home".

"...I send him messages on his phone" - saying that you are going to dance and strip for him when he comes thru the door.

"...he goes to bed with a smile on his face" - well, my love, I have sent you to work a many time with the sports scores stamped on your a$$ due to a morning round on the breakfast table.

I am not saying you are being untruthful, you just arent being real or straight up. I know the way we were for 15 years, you really dont need suggestions or advice.

Is he not taking to your ways? Are you searching for other things to 'give' him because he's not responding to what you do? Are you trying to change to conform to him?

Dammit, I knew you were headed in this direction. Changing yourself for him. Hey, looks like I am mad afterall.

What your looking for is 'shedevil' stlye stuff, if you want it stepped up a bit babe, be on the level.

An engraved money clip, please, save it. He'd think it nice, but you (and I) know what kind of 'giving' you are so into and good at.

He cant handle it, can he? So now you are going to try to be something he can handle. Wrong move, whose idea was it, you want to change or him telling you to?

Fuk, I knew this was coming.

No one else sees this?

Yeah, and I get called the idiot.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Originally posted by James Olmstead
Do you mean you turning into a bitter, jealous man?

Oh yes.....we all saw that one coming.:eek:
LOL Owned!

What your looking for is 'shedevil' stlye stuff, if you want it stepped up a bit babe, be on the level.
I call dibs! Me next Shedevil! I could use some of this treatment your ex speaks of.

Come on Ms. Diablo, we both know what you need is a younger man! :D :cool:

Magnus Pym

Don Juan
Reaction score
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I call dibs! Me next Shedevil!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do we need to take numbers, stand in line or just sign up here?

Pym

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Magnus Pym
quote:
I call dibs! Me next Shedevil!

Do we need to take numbers, stand in line or just sign up here?

Pym
Maybe we should have a "signing up to pleasure SheDevil" thread. She could judge us all on how we do and the winner either gets a prize or at least bragging rights.

SheDevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
As kind and flattering as your offers are, I must decline the request for, um, 'bids', but thanks anyway.

Look, I have never meant to come here as a mousy or flaky woman. True, I have held back from time to time, it is a man's site and I am selfishly using every one of you. I want to be the best I can for my lover and I will do whatever it takes.

I loved my ex very much, I showed him often, as I feel every wife should. We had it good and I have no regrets of our life together. (Well, the one regret of mentioning this site to him.) I still care for him and can easily overlook his comments and be thankful he remained conservative.

When I posted the question about what would make your Valentine's day special, it was a result of the dread and disgust I hear men expressing right now. Many men I have listened to don't want to put forth effort and their women don't want to 'put forth' period. The effort I speak of goes well beyond Valentine's Day, it really is the overall view of many, many relationships I am in contact with. I find this sad and bewildering.

I love my lover, let me change that, my fiance, very much and I am uncovering new needs in him almost daily. I love to 'give' to him; I can give of myself with ease. I dont expect anything in return, that long satisfied exhale, with that glorious body pinning me down is what I need and crave, it is my life support.

I did want to get him something special, I think you all have given superb suggestions and I have an evening planned that will be exquisite, right down to the homemade chocolate chip cookies Big Pappy mentioned.

I have never been very good at the man-made, store bought stuff, now the woman-made stuff, oh yeah; I have that convered just fine. *wink*

SheDevil

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, I'm actually being constructive this time. MSNBC wrote an article dedicated to just this very topic:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6890841/

By Teri Goldberg
Shopping columnist
MSNBC
Updated: 4:26 p.m. ET Feb. 3, 2005

It’s almost V-day and you’re really tempted to buy him another pair of boxers with little hearts on them or a Teddy Bear dressed up as Superman. Don’t even go there. This year, think about what he wants, which is the same things he wants the rest of the year: toys, gadgets and yes, even appliances, if they fall in one of these categories: food, sports or sex. We’ll stick with the first two.

The goal is to please him
Remember the “goal” this Valentine’s Day is to please him. What’s more important to your guy — you or the remote control device? Of course you are but the remote ranks way up there when it comes to material possessions. What takes priority in your household — a romantic night out or watching the big game?

With this in mind, check out the ABC Monday Night Football remote manufactured by Miami-based Excalibur Electronics.

Shaped like a toy football, the foam-padded device has a remote control neatly tucked inside. So sports fans can actually “pass” this remote while watching the game.

The 7.5-by-4.75-inch remote also talks. Press an icon that resembles a megaphone on the football’s surface and a recorded voice welcomes you to the wonderful world of football with the message: “Are you ready for some football?”

Otherwise, the full-functioning remote operates just like any other universal remote. It can be programmed to activate up to four electronic devices, including a television set, a VCR, a cable box or a satellite receiver.

The remote retails for $19.95, and is sold at brick-and-mortar department stores Kohl's, JC Penney and Macy's and specialty shops online Smarthome.com and Bitwise Gifts.

Another gadget from Excalibur Electronics sure to be a winner in the sports department is the ABC Sports Master. Shaped like a referee, this handheld gadget is guaranteed to make the man of the house feel like the master of his domain. The lightweight device is loaded with more than 30,000 “files” of information gathered from the World Almanac, and holds answers to more than 400 questions about boxing, auto racing and tennis and major U.S. sports leagues including the MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, PGA.

What to know that all important stat of the moment? Search “facts & stats.” Looking for information on your favorite player? Check out “bios.” Sports Master also comes loaded with games “highlights” for each year since 1998, game rules for baseball, basketball, football and hockey, a multiple-choice sports trivia game and a stadium finder, which contains telephone and Web site information for stadiums across the country.

Prices vary significantly from a low of $19.99 at JC Penney to a high of $29.95 at the manufacturer’s Web site. Other vendors, which stock Sports Master, include Brookstone ($25), CoolStuffCheap ($23.95) and Improvements ($24.99.)

Poker is everywhere these days, from the televised World Series of Poker to Bravo’s “Celebrity Poker Showdown.” If your man is a poker fan, there’s bound to be a gadget on the market to win his affection.

Learn the basics with Radica’s handheld electronic draw poker game, and then switch to low, medium or high risk strategies for more realistic play. Available at Discovery Channel, the game retails for $24.95.

Or take the Texas Hold ‘Em challenge with Sharper Image’s handheld tournament game. Shaped like a green-felt padded poker table, the Texas Hold ‘Em game was released this past holiday season and sells for $39.95.

Just released this month is Saitek Industries’ no limit Texas Hold ’Em game. The handheld game will be available soon online and at brick-and-mortar Discovery Channel stores for $49.95.

Even in the era of celebrity chefs, real men still don’t eat quiche nor do they cook elaborate gourmet meals. Some don’t even boil water. Everything edible that requires cooking goes straight in the microwave. With these guys in mind, consider Hammacher Schlemmer’s Pop-up Hot Dog Cooker. It sounds kind of silly or superfluous but ever cook a hot dog in the microwave?

The pop-up toaster not only has slots for two dogs and two buns but also cooks the dogs and toasts the buns at the same time. Control knobs let you adjust the cooking time for both the dogs and the buns.

The hot dog cooker retails for $49.95 at Hammacher Schlemmer and other specialty stores, such as niftykitchen.com and Spilsbury.

If he’s not a hot-dog-eating, sports-minded type of guy, consider a subscription to Cargo, the new men’s magazine which features all the products guys want. Can’t beat the charter subscription price of $9.97 for 10 issues at the magazine’s Web site. Compare that to other cyber vendors, such as magazines.com, where 10 issues costs $12 or ValueMags.com, 10 issues sells for $15.

Even something practical is better than those cutesy boxer shorts or a plush animal.David Stern, a computer consultant in Metuchen, N.J., just ordered his first digital camera and recommends digital camera accessories, such as writable CDs or DVDs; photo printer; photo quality paper; or extra memory for camera (to increase storage capacity and photo resolution.)

If he already has printer, “treat him to a printer cable,” says Stern. “None of them come with cable now a days! ...like buying a car and having to pay extra for a steering wheel,” he adds.

© 2005 MSNBC Interactive

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: What are you really looking for?

Originally posted by shedevil's ex
Yeah, and I get called the idiot.
Yeah, you're lucky you don't get called a hell of a lot worse. Like, for example:
  • Whiny b*tch
  • Sobby-ass Nancy-boy
  • Douche
  • Blubbering vagina
  • Pathetic
  • Becky
  • Weepy Little Puppy Dog
I could go on if you'd like.