Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Magic Story - Must Read

daproest1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There must be two mentalities at work: Yours, in service to self-improvement and self-focus, and hers, at best not knowing what you're up to. You can only control the first one.
Well fvck. Idk. Have u had any success with this? 6 months apart so far. Together 6 years beforehand. She’s been my favorite. Followed my lead since day one. HB10.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well fvck. Idk. Have u had any success with this? 6 months apart so far. Together 6 years beforehand. She’s been my favorite. Followed my lead since day one. HB10.
Well I don't want to derail the thread. Do you have a separate thread about this? Or I can PM you.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My only question about the story is what is the point of the enormously long preamble? I suppose to illustrate how many men had been affected, but it sure took a while to get to the actual story, lol.
Ha! That's what I said. It reads like a sales technique. Like you noted, it was written at a time when people's attention spans were longer (in 1900 I think it was?).

Sounds so much like PUA material. "I ran into my friend, Stu, who said he had discovered the secret to getting women. Just as he was about to tell me his secret, he got called away. I then ran into another old friend, with three HB10s attending him. He said he had just been told the secret to women by Stu. When I went into the club, there was a group at VIP who said Stu had told them the secret. They were all being attended by beautiful women! And I had never seen any of them with attractive women before. What was this marvelous secret?". Lol.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The events of the night recurred to me, and I looked about me for the Presence. It was not visible, but anon I discovered, cowering in a far corner of my resting place, a puny abject shuddering figure, distorted of visage, deformed of shape, disheveled and unkempt of appearance. It tottered as it walked, for it approached me piteously; but I laughed aloud, mercilessly. Perchance I knew then that it was the minus-entity, and that the plus-entity was within me; albeit I did not then realize it. Moreover, I was in haste to get away; I had no time for philosophy. There was much for me to do - much; strange it was that I had not thought of that yesterday. But yesterday was gone - today was with me - it had just begun.

As had once been my daily habit, I turned my steps in the direction of the tavern, where formerly I had partaken of my meals. I nodded cheerily as I entered, and smiled in recognition of returned salutations. Men who had ignored me for months bowed graciously when I passed them on the thoroughfare. I went to the washroom, and from there to the breakfast table; afterwards, when I passed the taproom, I paused a moment and said to the landlord:

"I will occupy the same room that I formerly used, if perchance, you have it at disposal. If not, another will do as well, until I can obtain it."

Then I went out and hurried with all haste to the cooperage. There was a huge wain in the yard, and men were loading it with casks for shipment. I asked no questions, but, seizing barrels, began hurling them to the men who worked atop of the load. When this was finished, I entered the shop. There was a vacant bench; I recognized its disuse by the litter on its top. It was the same at which I had once worked. Stripping off my coat, I soon cleared it of impedimenta. In a moment more I was seated, with my foot on the vice-lever, shaving staves.

It was an hour later when the master workman entered the room, and he paused in surprise at sight of me; already there was a goodly pile of neatly shaven staves beside me, for in those days I was an excellent workman; there was none better, but, alas! now, age hath deprived me of my skill. I replied to his unasked question with the brief, but comprehensive sentence: "I have returned to work, sir." He nodded his head and passed on, viewing the work of other men, albeit anon he glanced askance in my direction. Here endeth the sixth and last lesson to be acquired, although there is more to be said, since from that moment I was a successful man, and ere long possessed another shipyard, and had acquired a full competence of worldly goods.

I pray you who read, heed well the following admonitions, since upon them depend the word "success" and all that it implies:

Whatsoever you desire of good is yours. You have but to stretch forth your hand and take it.

Learn that the consciousness of dominant power within you is the possession of all things attainable.

Have no fear of any sort or shape, for fear is an adjunct of the minus-entity. If you have skill, apply it; the world must profit by it, and therefore, you.

Make a daily and nightly companion of your plus-entity; if you heed its advice, you cannot go wrong.

Remember, philosophy is an argument; the world, which is your property, is an accumulation of facts.

Go therefore, and do that which is within you to do; take no heed of gestures which would beckon you aside; ask of no man permission to perform.

The minus-entity requests favors; the plus-entity grants them. Fortune waits upon every footstep you take; seize her, bind her, hold her, for she is yours; she belongs to you.

Start out now, with these admonitions in your mind.

Stretch out your hand, and grasp the plus, which, maybe, you have never made use of, save in great emergencies. Life is an emergency most grave. Your plus-entity is beside you now; cleanse your brain, and strengthen your will. It will take possession. It waits upon you.

Start tonight; start now upon this new journey.

Be always on your guard. Whichever entity controls you, the other hovers at your side; beware lest the evil enter, even for a moment.
My task is done. I have written the recipe for "success." If followed, it cannot fail.

Wherein I may not be entirely comprehended, the plus-entity of whosoever reads will supply the deficiency; and upon that Better Self of mine, I place the burden of imparting to generations that are to come, the secret of this all-pervading good - the secret of being what you have it within you to be.

THE END
I wish i read this when it was published. I got back on the right track in 2009 but literally around this same time of 2008 my minus entity was in full effect.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I might ask the mods to remove the preamble so the story gets right to the point.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I got around to reading this today. @Atom Smasher , thanks for bumping it. I'm currently stepping into a real unknown in life - no steady job, savings dwindling, grad school about to end, but I don't want to turn back. Things have been a little tenuous, let's say, but I think it's that fear leading to inaction that can be paralyzing. The other self, the boogeyman who can quickly take over your brain with what-ifs.

My only question about the story is what is the point of the enormously long preamble? I suppose to illustrate how many men had been affected, but it sure took a while to get to the actual story, lol. Obviously it was written for men with longer attention spans and no smartphones. I did enjoy his descriptions of Manhattan, having worked around University Place and Union Square a long time.

Also, this:

Remember, philosophy is an argument; the world, which is your property, is an accumulation of facts.

Every Sosuaver should remember that one!
"With absolute commitment come the insights that create real victory.

If you want to take the island, first burn the boats.'

-Tony Robbins

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
read it years ago wish i would have know about it years ago.Damn to bad he killed himself.