Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Jerk Stage

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having been a nice guy for most of my life, I seem to have gone completely to the opposite extreme and while it attracts girls it also means I usually offend them so much I drive them away.

From putting the girls first, I now put myself first and show no respect to girls and their schedules. If they flake I get mad at them, and if they make an excuse I say stuff like "Not buying it".
I have become incredibly arrogant and very rude.

Has anyone else found themselves in the jerk stage and how did they get out of it, as I think I have gone far to far to the opposite extreme and am just being offensive.

Matt

MoveYourAss...

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To set a border wisely you have to know both sides

Hey Matt,

I really enjoyed several of your last posts. keep up !

Now about you current stage I wouldn't worry too much. I think it's really hard coming from on extreme to hit the right (confuzianic) middle immediately. Now you get the skills of beeing a real jerk, that's positive, it might come handy sometime.

Just keep your eyes open and adapt your actions and attitude relating to the results.

Happy hunting,

MoveYourA$$... and your brain will follow

unformed

Don Juan
Reaction score
You got the jerk part right .... but also laugh about it, so it's obvious you're joking (confident) but never actually say that you're joking (weak). If she gets offended, say something like "Geez, can't you even take joke? Where's your sense of humor?" so now you're making more fun of her but it's obvious your'e joking. Don't get caught up too much in the laughing so that you look like your laughing at your own jokes, but more like you're just having fun.

For example,
I took this European girl out a few weeks ago. I kept fun of her accent .... but not so much that it was offensive ... i also called her evil for skipping my turn at pool, and then accused her of cheating .... but the whole time, i was just laughing and having fun ..... she loved it completely ....

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it is not so much the ****y and funny stuff, as that usually works, it is more just being plain rude.

For example, I sent a girl a message on her phone asking her whether we were still meeting up at a disco and also asking her to confirm if she was free the following wed when we were planning on going to an ice hockey game. She did not reply and two days later at the disco came up to me and tapped me on the shoulder as if nothing had happened. I got pissed off, took her aside and got cross with her for not returning my calls and said she was being impolite and would have to make it up to me.
She got annoyed and ignored me for the rest of the evening.

I then arranged for her to come for a cup of tea at my place on the sunday (four days after the disco) and she said yes. Three hours beforehand she cancelled. I got pissed off and sent her a message saying "Not impressed. Surely you can spare half an hour for tea"

She got annoyed and said i was being pushy.

I sent a message back saying "Sorry i was being pushy-I am just not used to girls playing hard to get. Usually within two weeks they have already proposed marriage. Anyway, enjoying our first argument and hope you won't stay mad for long. See you next week, Matt.

She hasn't replied and i left a message on her machine saying i hope she realised my last message was tongue in cheek and i am sorry if i seemed a bit pushy and did she want to meet for a coffee on wednesday or thursday"

She hasn't replied.

Perhaps she wasn't interestd in the first place, but i thought we hit it off on our first date and i had her laughing and smiling the whole time. I thought she was being rude, and called her up on that, but she just took offence.

Confused

unformed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Matt Rogers
For example, I sent a girl a message on her phone asking her whether we were still meeting up at a disco
Never confirm dates. She remembers. If anything, call her a half hour before and ask if she has enough time to get all dressed up and look sexy. This way you are somewhat confirming, -but- you're telling her to be ready for you, that you're on your way.

I had told this girl on Tuesday after class that she should join us at this restaurant and then bar on Thursday night. Ok, I would call her at 8:00. Come Thursday class, I said nothing to her, only waved as I was leaving. She called me at 7:30.

Next week, before class I told her to com out again. She said "I've got to study for a Spanish test" I said, "I'll know Spanish ... I'll teach it to you, but you're coming out tonight." After class as she was leaving, I went up to her and told her I'll pick her up at 8:30. She turned around, with a great big smile on her face and said "Oh so that's not a yes or so question, is it?"
I smiled - "No it's not, be ready at 8" Needless to say, she was all over me that night.

and also asking her to confirm if she was free the following wed when we were planning on going to an ice hockey game.
Don't confirm, and definitely don't confirm a week in advance. If it's already planned, she's going. Nothing more to it. If you want a confirmation, say something about hockey to get her mind on it, but don't say "Are you still going to the hockey game?"

She did not reply and two days later at the disco came up to me and tapped me on the shoulder as if nothing had happened. I got pissed off, took her aside and got cross with her for not returning my calls and said she was being impolite and would have to make it up to me.
You weren't being rude; you lost your composure. you got pissed off that she didn't call, which to her means that you needed her to call: NOT GOOD.

She got annoyed and ignored me for the rest of the evening.

I then arranged for her to come for a cup of tea at my place on the sunday (four days after the disco) and she said yes. Three hours beforehand she cancelled. I got pissed off and sent her a message saying "Not impressed. Surely you can spare half an hour for tea"

She got annoyed and said i was being pushy.

I sent a message back saying "Sorry i was being pushy-I am just not used to girls playing hard to get. Usually within two weeks they have already proposed marriage. Anyway, enjoying our first argument and hope you won't stay mad for long. See you next week, Matt.
Argggggggh. I used to do this same thing. I got the same response you did.

Now you've really f-d it up. You lost your composure, and asked for her forgiveness. Remember, real men don't need forgiveness, unless you've done something -really- bad.

She hasn't replied and i left a message on her machine saying i hope she realised my last message was tongue in cheek and i am sorry if i seemed a bit pushy and did she want to meet for a coffee on wednesday or thursday"
Now, you're digging yourself into a hole. You're begging for forgiveness, begging to get another chance, and then asking her if --she wants-- to go out with you. Point of advice: never ask, but tell, with a smile; so she knows you will respect her if she really can't go, but you're not asking her, you're telling her.

She hasn't replied.

Perhaps she wasn't interestd in the first place, but i thought we hit it off on our first date and i had her laughing and smiling the whole time. I thought she was being rude, and called her up on that, but she just took offence.
Actually, I think she was very interested. Even though she hadn't replied to your messages, she still came up to you and tried talking to you. You got pissed off. That probably ruined it right there. The one thing I learned is no matter how confused, depressed, or pissed off I am, don't show it.

I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything, just trying to help you out. I used to do the same things as you a few years ago. I remember talking to a girl on the phone for hours, when I had other things to do, asking her how she felt about me, apologizing on the phone, apolgizing by email, asking for a second chance ... all of this stupid crap. Back then, I didn't know why it didn't work since that girl -came up to me- and was very genuinely interested. Now I know what I did. Be calm, smooth, have fun. If she's really interested in you, she'll let you get away with some things, but you -can't- under any circumstances, lose you COMPOSURE or look NEEDY.

Slash

Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep growing.. you will find a balance.... Its a passing stage from a niceguy to a real DJ... esp when we hear jerks get all the Girls..

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I like being a jerk/nice guy.

For instance the other day i was bringing this girl home, i offered to walk her up to her door, she was like "oh no you dont have to" while she was hugging me, i was like "good i didnt want to anyway!" with a smirk on my face.

Her jaw dropped and she playfully hit me, then she we exchanged farewells and off she went.

Its a fine line you gotta walk. but remember, who gives a sh1t what she thinks anyway, the chances of a girl walking out on you for saying some rude comment are very low. Unless you say something outright viscious like "i wanna rape your gramma". Or somthing lol.

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, you have gone from one extreme to the other.

A nice guy never expresses his 'disappointment' and in fact usually turns it around on himself and supplicates at the slightest hint of her displeasure.

The Jerk gets in her face whenever he gets p1ssed. It can be rude ,explosive and usually emotional.

The Jerk seems confidence because he speaks his mind, but he oftens lets his emotions rule. This reeks of insecurity and most of all lack of self control. Remember women are considered to be the emotional creatures, we as men are rocks they lean on. What you want to do is be assertive and confident. Speak your mind but in a serious and matter of fact manner.

Leave the red faces and spitting for the bedroom.

Last edited:

Recluce

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did the EXACT same thing as you. in about one months time i went from a nice guy to a jerk. not just a little jerk either...straight up, over the line, i dont give a f*ck what you say or how you feel badass.

something that i realized is that when i was living at home, my mom really got on my nerves. she never meant to do it, she just cared a little too much and showed a little too much attention that it really annoyed me (especially while i was on the computer feeding my gaming addiction) when i'd talk to her, i never really wanted to piss her off so i would say what i really felt, but say it in a funny way so she knew how i felt and she would always sympathize with me. THIS right here is exactly how toned myself down from being a jerk to being ****y and funny. if its something that i could say to my mom (or little sister) then it isn't over the line and is very close to the ****y that you are looking for. you like her....but she annoys you.

coolwater

Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll swing back a bit and become more congruent before you pass 500 sets.

coolwater