"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

The internet thing

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
Ok, guys, this girl wanted to talk to me online since I posted my picture recently on one of those Friendster sites because my friend made me join. I ended up talking to her for quite some time. Lots of flirty sex talk, but lighthearted, nothing serious. She was Serbian and very cool. Lives far away though. She's also very cute. Anyways, she told me that she wanted to talk to me because my picture was cute. Anyways, she ended up asking for my number and calling me. She seemed very nervous on the phone, and I guess understandably so.

Anyways, overall a pretty cool experience. I've never met a girl online before, probably because I never was a believer in this internet dating/hooking up thing. I feel much more comfortable with women in person.

Has anyone here had good experiences with meeting women on the internet?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

LostbutFound

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 15, 2004
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Use caution!!! Dont get me wrong, I got a friend that picked up a girl from the internet and they worked out great, really an awesome couple...but I would think that is a rarity with picking up internet girls...Try it out, but as mentioned before...Use Caution!!
 

Fantasy

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
2
I tried the internet thing for one month and it is a wonder how people hook up on that thing. I find cold approaches much more easier than trying to pick up someone on internet dating sites. It is almost if the women on the sites are paid just to tease you. Who knows, maybe a lot of them are.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
The problem that most guys have with the Internet is that they work with it as if it was "Internet Dating" It's not dating, it's MEETING. The purpose of using the Internet is not to have long, drawn out IMs or email exchanges, that's AFC lame. The net should be a medium to meet a woman AND set up a face to face meeting.

Unfortunately, too many guys are dependent on the some type of direct feedback to their actions. This is difficult to do while online, thus another reason why it's not good to spend a lot of time exchanging notes rather than setting up a face to face.

Use the net as a first round qualifier and don't get taken in by a woman just because she responds to your IM or email. Approach it with the mentality of 'Alright, what does this woman have to offer me? Is she just looking for attention or is she truly interested?'

The easiest way to determine whether she is looking for attention or is serious is simple. A woman that is truly interested will have the same questions about you, however she will want to find out sooner rather than later. How? BY MEETING YOU FACE TO FACE!!!

It's just that simple...
 

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
The problem I see is when you two live in totally different states. In my case, it's U.S. and Canada. I'm not just going to pick up and go there, so using instant messenger is probably the next best alternative.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
335
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Yeah, I have. Its the easiest thing to do. I use something like friendster too, it is free and very easy to use. The only down-side to this stuff is, most of the girls live far away from me (driving distence, but still pretty far). Another thing is, don't trust the pics on the sites, unless they are taken from a webcam. The best thing is to have a webcam convo with them before you even considering meeting up.
 

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
This girl is cute as hell, and it sucks she lives so far away otherwise I'd be all over that. Plus, she totally adores me.
 
Top