Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Instant you COMPETE, you've already lost.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're sitting in the bar, making chit chat with a fine girl. suddenly some big tough guy comes up and starts AMOGing you like crazy; What do you do? AMOG back?

well friends, if you ever compete with another guy (or guys) for a girl, you have just turned the girl into the Trophy to be won.

sure, it might be a victory of the ego to AMOG the other dude and get the girl, but in her mind, she just saw that you're her own little guard dog, fighting harshly for the privilege of her company *cough cough*.

now, there is nothing wrong with protecting your lady from the drunks of the world, but face it, shes a big girl and most of the time, wont run into any thing she cant handle.

so how are we to get the girl without competing? easy. you only compete if you and the other guys both PLAY THE SAME GAME so play your own one.

Step 1. Ignore the unworthy opponent with a smirk and continue talking to the girl, thus not letting him enter the game.

If this fails, and he refuses to go away...

Step 2. Immediately try to isolate the girl.
say "geez, we cant find anywhere quiet in here. lets go to..." somewhere quieter. If you're willing to not let another guy take this girl from you, shes obviously worth enough to continue talking to without distraction. so take her to the restaurant or your place.

If this fails, and Mr. Amog seems to really want to enter the group...

Step 3. Leave them alone to chat
he wants competition? let him compete with your lady's jealousy mechanism.
Go and strike up a conversation with some other girls in the vicinity. Do not do it just to make her jealous, do it because you want some conversation and to get to meet some new girls. unless hes really good, her eyes will be over on you for 90% of THEIR interaction.

One of 3 things will happen:

1) She will likely come talk to you again later, or will be alone within 10 minutes, which leaves her open to go talk to again, if you havent found someone more interesting :cool:

2) You will meet someone more interesting and end up forgetting about the whole situation with the first girl.

3) The first girl will end up going home or away with the guy who butted you out. Of course, this makes no difference to you, because you've already found 3 new girls to talk to; right? :yes:

And if you made any kind of connection with her at all (emotional or otherwise), she'll be thinking of you the whole night anyways, which means her lucky little prizewinner wont get the 100% attention he wants :)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been in a situation like this but I can attest to the first two options. The guy wants attention. Sometimes its just an alcohol induced fit of bravado made by an AFC and the first two options usually work.

If he's an actual AMOG and the first two options fail I actually brings the guy into the group and give him the attention he wants myself. I talk with him excessively. Usually his drunken stupor works against him dramatically during a conversation. He looks like an ass to everyone and eventually even to himself (shown by his frustration). He usually tells me to go fvck myself and all the b1tches at the table and lumbers off caveman style.

Will this works all of the time? Who knows, it depends on the AMOG and how well you can control the situation (without letting him know that you are ;) ).

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do this all the time. I'm not a good pickup guy... but if I am in any kind of social situation and a guy butts in and obviously tries to "out-game" me or act all bad-ass, I'll chat for a bit then excuse myself.

Works great, because it shows you're not really trying that hard and have other options. In most cases you'll have the opportunity to see the girl again pretty soon, and she'll remember.

Instinctive

Don Juan
Reaction score
This definitely works - everytime you try and compete with another guy you stop coming from a frame of abundance and start getting too worked up over one girl. If you've been talking to her and things have been going well, she will then try and win you from the girl, reversing the situation and totally cutting the other guy out of the equation.

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My method is to usually disregard the woman and the car salesman prick altogether. And the disregard is still held even at that moment I return her back to her home.

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys right in what he says in my experience too. If the girl likes you then just let him get shot down - it can actually be quite funny to watch. The thing I hate is that girls use this is a test to see how possesive and needy you are or simply to see if you'll get angry. One girl even said to the other guy that I was her brother but I just smiled and played along although I was pissed. We hadn't kissed and we where out as a group but we had been set-up and both knew it - however at that stage she was just a friend so I had no right to react. I didn't and I ended up pulling her.