"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

The Importance of Being Involved in HS

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
I know I don't post in here very often anymore but after the first few weeks of my Senior year, I've realized something very important to all you fellow High Schoolers..


Popularity..what is it and who decides what's popular? To me, it's just a select group of kids who run every organization and are active in just about everything. "What was that you said Jerky? Clubs make people popular?"

To a certain extent, most of the people that are considered popular in school are usually involved in numerous activities. Sports, Drama, Student Council, Key Club, Newspaper, Yearbook..the list goes on and on. No no no..by no means am I saying this is what makes everyone popular. Some people just are. Let's face it. There are always gonna be a few naturals everywhere. But if you're one of those people that thrive on trying to become popular, I suggest you get more active in school and meet some new people. For example, this year I'm part of the Tatler(school newspaper) Drama Club, Wrestling, Key Club, Crimestoppers, NHS officer, and I help out with Student Council. Some of the people I used to think we're snobs and were just st00pid aren't actually that bad. And believe me, it does make you a lot more prouder and popular when you actually feel like you're apart from the school.


I used to tell myself, "Ya know, I hate school. It's soo boring." Geez, I wonder why..it's because I didn't do anything besides go to school and go home! It was a continuous cycle everyday.

Probably the biggest thing I've learned so far in my HS years is to cherish it. Believe it or not guys, these are the best years of your life. I know some of you would argue but I believe whole heartedly it's true. The countown to settling down and working a real job gets closer every minute. The real world isn't going to be kind and I'm not in too big of a hurry to jump in. So everyone, make an effort to make the best of your years in HS. You'll miss them later.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Pfeile

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
I totally agree, and I realised this all too late. I finish my Senior year on Thursday, come back to do my final exams in late October, and then that's it. I discovered this site 14 months ago now, and despite all the advice I read to 'get involved' I didn't, and I really regret it now.

So to everyone out there in High School still, get involved TODAY. Don't put it off. Because I kept on putting off getting involved in activities at and outside of school, and now it is too late. And regret is the worst feeling in the world.
 

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
524
Reaction score
0
Age
38
I am in my last year, and you are absolutely correct. By now, its very hard to change my reputation, which unfortunately is not too great. If I could change a single thing about my highschool years, it would be to get involved in as many clubs and teams as I could. That would change everything.

I tried to join debate, but everyone already knows everybody, and its impossible to find a partner. Football team - I am way behind schedule, should have joined in grade 9. But I'm still way more involved than I used to be.

Im sure you have the intercom system, over which they announce public notices every day. Well, listen to those. Thats right! "Members of the human rights club meet at 12:15 in room 207". Get your ass there! (Or whatever organization you want)
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
Whew dodged that bullet

I was always involved in sports and clubs because it was just what I wanted to do and sounded interesting. i know people that are sitting there and saying "life sucks" but you know what they are sitting there doing nothing with it waiting for someone to do something for them. These people hate school but I love it.

I am making the most of it right now. Guys take advantage of this time of freedom because we only get it once and it will be gone forever.

Get involved and good luck
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2003
Messages
661
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Ann Arbor, Mi
Definately,

After school i always have a great time with people that i wouldn't have met if it wasn't for a curricular. I'm in the school comedy troupe. Plus after a show or 2 the people you don't know will come up to you and tell you how funny are you... how awesome is that?

School kicks ass.
 

Pfeile

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
HS really is what you make it. I noticed too that those people who couldn't wait to finish and didn't enjoy there time here, were the ones who never got involved in anything. It really is entirely up to you, whether you enjoy HS or not.
 

smokez01

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
39
This is my last year in high school and i think i am more involved than ever

i am in the Marine Science club, and i am doing two sports at one time, ctross country and swimming, this is my third year doing swimming and my 1st with XC, i am decent at both, it may sound stupid but i like the two of them so much,

I am going to try out for the soccer team and hopefully make the cuts, and it will be my 2nd year running track,

To be 100% honest with you, i wish i started all of these events when i was a freshman,
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
I agree being Involved is very important, but just being involved is not enough. You can be in 10 clubs and be miserable if you don't work at it, or be in no clubs and be happy.

It all has to do with how hard you work to meet people. Do stuff outside of school also.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
It's all in the mindset.

I would beg to differ but I suppose I'm an exception to the general rules of popularity. I don't believe in popularity.
 
Top