Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The House of Quotes from Real Men who've Shaped our Lives

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes we lose focus here of what we are trying to do. Sometimes we get caught up in "tips and tricks" that we forget what a true Don Juan is all about. So, to remind and inspire you, I'm going to use this thread to house quotes from the "men" that we look up to from times past. Men who exhibited the qualities of "true men" in an age long passed.

Being a man is a rare commidity these days, and if you can learn to adopt the attitudes of these men, maybe, just maybe you'd start attracting real women. Just a thought.

So, let's begin. I'll start with a man who everybody knows, from a time that was much different than our own.

John Wayne

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway
So, you could read that quote and get so caught up on that one word, "Courage", that you could totally miss the more important word that is not there: Fear

You say that real men don't get scared. I say that real men are just as scared as everybody else. The difference between a man and a chump is that the man gets just as scared, but does what he has to do anyway. He's not pushed around by fear. He embraces fear. He knows fear. He even RESPECTS fear. But one thing that fear does NOT do is DEFINE HIM.

The measure of a true man is having the courage to forage through his fear to get what he wants or do what he has to do.

So, I say, don't shed your fear. Oh no. Rather EMBRACE your fear. Respect it. But push through it anyway.

Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home
Does that sound sexist to you? Has our feminist society told you that things like that are not acceptable today?

Rather than look at the blunt meaning of this quote, let's look at the meaning behind it. Rather, what is he really saying? Is he saying that a woman's place is in the kitchen? Yes, but no.

What he recognizes is that men and women are DIFFERENT and have DIFFERENT ROLES. You've got to recognize this, because if you don't, you'll find yourself doing "womanly" things, and this is killer to being a real man.

So what kinds of things do women do? Or rather, when you think of a "female" and the role of a woman what do you think of?

Let's list them:

Shop
Make up
Hair
Nails
Clothes
Fashion
Gossip/Talk
Mother
Caregiver
Emotion
Sexuality

Yes, this is a very limited list, but I wanted to stop on that last word. Women are far more sexual creatures than you will ever be, regardless of how nonchalant they project their sexuality into our society. They WANT sex and they want YOU to have sex with them.

Notice the other things on the list? What's the main focus of those other things. One word:

LOOKS

Women know that a man is initially attracted to them through looks and that they are sexually stimulated through looks. So, what do they do? They doll themselves up. The put on a "mask" in an attempt to take their beauty and magnify it to attract you. They, like you, are looking to attract as many men as they can so that they can choose from those men, the best provider.

How does this apply to being a man? WELL, WHEN YOU FOCUS ON YOUR LOOKS YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A WOMAN. Get it? So, when you go to the gym to build muscle mass merely to attract a woman, YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A WOMAN. When you go out and shop for the latest men's fashions, merely to attract a woman, YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A WOMAN. When you style your hair and you stand in front of a mirror getting your "look" down just right, YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A WOMAN. Women do that, men don't. So stop focusing on your looks as an "attracter" of women. That's what women do, and by doing it you are de-masculizing yourself and you don't even know it!

Rather, focus on your role as the MAN. The provider. The Hunter. The sportsman. The icon of STRENGTH. Strength is a man's quality, and strength is what you need to be focusing on. If you're going go to the gym, do so so that you can be fit and healthy to do manly things--forget about how it makes you look. If you are going to buy clothes or style your hair, then do it because it's what you want, not because some fashion magazine or TV show says you should do it to attract women. You need to be focusing on action and building strength--inside and out, and not worrying so much about the way you look or what Brad Pitt or Ben Affleck is doing!

Recognize your role as a man, and embrace it.

A man ought to do what he thinks is right
Something we lose focus on today. Our society has lost focus on "right" and "wrong" and has replaced that focus with "grey area". No wonder we have so many unhappy, anti-social, confused, embarassed chumps. Society has blurred the lines between right and wrong, and in suit, the world has gone crazy not only because our roles as males and females has been blurred, but the very fabric of a man has been blurred--MORALS.

Simply put, "morals" is a code of conduct that you live your life by that NOBODY changes about you. Too many guys buckle to the pressure and blur their morals just to get a woman. WHY DO YOU HURT YOURSELF IN THAT WAY? Why do you allow someone to affect you in that way? Do you have no pride?

The time has come when men need to start being men. Women need to start being women. And both need to start having standards in their lives.

Be a man and call her on her sh*t. Be a man and stick by what you believe. Be a man and be willing to WALK AWAY when you need to walk away and FIGHT when you need to fight. Learning this balance, and having a set of values that you live your life by is the very backbone of your manhood. Don't let other people step all over you or you'll be reduced to a chump who can't really be happy.

Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.
Interesting isn't it? We see so many threads here about how to take control of a conversation. We see so many people who want to learn how to "talk", and you know what? TALKING IS A WOMAN'S TOOL.

Men don't blabber on. Men don't sit around and TALK. They DO. They ACT. Their actions talk for them. So, the next time you are wondering what you should say, realize that that's not your job! You really only need to know how to ask the right questions when you need to ask them and do the right things when you need to do them!

If the conversation has died, don't sit around and think about what you need to say! Get up, pull her out of her chair and take her out onto the dance floor! Get up, go over to her chair and plant a big fat kiss on her! Go and do! That's your job. Not sit and talk. Women sit and talk. Women WANT to talk, so your job as the MAN is to let her do that and to guide her to say the things she wants to say when she wants to say them!

And finally,

Healthy, lusty sex is wonderful
This speaks for itself doesn't it? You love sex, so you need to display that to her. She WANTS sex. And she wants you to give it to her, but she doesn't want to be "blamed" for it. She wants to be caught up in the moment and have it be YOUR fault, not hers.

As a man, you need to recognize that. Don't shy away from your sexuality, put it out there. Don't back off from her flirting, turn it into something sexual! Now, you have to learn how to do it with tact, or you're going to fail. If you crack sexual jokes or make everything she says about sex, you are going to turn her off!

But, and this is huge, if you can display your sexuality in subtle ways, and slowly escalate that sexuality in more blatant ways, you will SCORE BIG TIME. Physical contact, mild sexual humor, etc. These are the things you need to do, and you need to recognize the right moment to do them.

How do you know the right moment? YOU WILL KNOW. You'll feel it in your gut and you'll start questioning yourself and if you DON'T do it, you'll regret that you didn't. So, as soon as you sense yourself questioning if it's the right time, NOW IS THE TIME! Do it right then! And sit back and watch the results.

You'll sweep her off your feet.

You'll make a lasting impression on her.

She'll make an investment in YOU.

Be a man, and learn from the men who shaped us in a different age.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifting weights it's acting like a woman? sorry, you lost all credibility with that statement.

How about lifting weights to stay healthy, and to get better/in shape for sports? Lifting weights is about YOU and not about women. Sure, it helps get noticed, but I hardly count lifting weights as acting like a woman. How about doing it for self-confidence? Or is that a woman thing, too?

Have you heard of presenting yourself well? It's not about combing your hair 'like a woman' it's about looking your best in your day to day interactions with people. Perhaps people here WORK and need to look the part to close deals, get hired, etc.

Were you suggesting I don't work out, don't comb my hair, just because I want to be a 'man.' Yeah, that would get me far.

While I am at it, I won't brush my teeth or shower, after all that's for women. Why do I need to look or smell good? Haha, too funny man. Thanks for the laugh.
I think you were looking for a 'woof, woof' let me pound my chest response. Sorry, that's not gonna happen.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scought said:
Lifting weights it's acting like a woman? sorry, you lost all credibility with that statement.

How about lifting weights to stay healthy, and to get better/in shape for sports? Lifting weights is about YOU and not about women. Sure, it helps get noticed, but I hardly count lifting weights as acting like a woman. How about doing it for self-confidence? Or is that a woman thing, too?

Have you heard of presenting yourself well? It's not about combing your hair 'like a woman' it's about looking your best in your day to day interactions with people. Perhaps people here WORK and need to look the part to close deals, get hired, etc.

Were you suggesting I don't work out, don't comb my hair, just because I want to be a 'man.' Yeah, that would get me far.

While I am at it, I won't brush my teeth or shower, after all that's for women. Why do I need to look or smell good? Haha, too funny man. Thanks for the laugh.
I think you were looking for a 'woof, woof' let me pound my chest response. Sorry, that's not gonna happen.
The post was not about validation or responses. The post was about posting my views on what constitutes a man through quotes.

That being said, congratulations on being the first person (of I'm sure MANY) who missed the entire point. Let me post a portion of that section again and bold it so that you understand what I was saying:

Rather, focus on your role as the MAN. The provider. The Hunter. The sportsman. The icon of STRENGTH. Strength is a man's quality, and strength is what you need to be focusing on. If you're going go to the gym, do so so that you can be fit and healthy to do manly things--forget about how it makes you look. If you are going to buy clothes or style your hair, then do it because it's what you want, not because some fashion magazine or TV show says you should do it to attract women. You need to be focusing on action and building strength--inside and out, and not worrying so much about the way you look or what Brad Pitt or Ben Affleck is doing!
Notice the bold part?

Good.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But, I am willing to assert that you could "not brush your teeth", "not shower", "not comb your hair", and STILL attract women.

That's how powerful your ACTIONS are over your looks.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So, you like to post in double speak and contradict most everything written in this post.

Haha....please, keep the laughs coming man.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scought said:
So, you like to post in double speak and contradict most everything written in this post.
What exactly do you mean?

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good points.

It is true that a man shouldn't be as concerned about his looks as a woman is.

A man should take pride in himself and his appearance in the sense that how he takes care of himself says alot about him.

For example, I have pride in myself and although I may occasionally slack off in terms of healthy diet and exercise I never "let myself go" and gain 70 pounds and get sloppy.

You are your own representative and you should represent yourself in a way that shows the world (and women) that you are a force to be reckoned with and taken seriously. If you look like sh*t, the world will treat you like sh*t.

If you look like someone to be respected, you will receive respect.

I like what was said in this post about a man being about action because that's what our testosterone is all about.

Testosterone is an action hormone while estrogen is a feeling hormone. So it is natural for women to feel and express their feelings by yapping, and yapping, and yapping, on the phone, in person, or whatever.

It is rare that I find a woman who won't talk you to death if you give her the chance.

In fact, to keep a conversation going with a woman is easy. Just ask the right questions based on what she is talking about and she will talk on and on as long as you are willing to sit there and listen.

Good post.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some specifications:

1. Talk isn't womanly. Aimless chatter is womanly. Talk can be a useful tool for exchanging legitimate information and getting others to take action. So if you're going to talk, talk well and talk with a purpose.

2. Working out isn't womanly. It's only womanly if you do it primarily to appease other people's opinions or make women like you. (Just reiterating your main point)

3. Looks aren't womanly either. They're just not as important for a man as they are for a woman -- who is judged primarily by looks. Therefore, you can maximize your expected payoff from looks by investing less time in looking good.

Pretty good post overall. Makes you think.

danielzxc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How does this apply to being a man? WELL, WHEN YOU FOCUS ON YOUR LOOKS YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A WOMAN. Get it? So, when you go to the gym to build muscle mass merely to attract a woman, YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A WOMAN. When you go out and shop for the latest men's fashions, merely to attract a woman, YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A WOMAN. When you style your hair and you stand in front of a mirror getting your "look" down just right, YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A WOMAN. Women do that, men don't. So stop focusing on your looks as an "attracter" of women. That's what women do, and by doing it you are de-masculizing yourself and you don't even know it!
That's an interestig and unusual view. I must admit, I think it has an uncomfortable ring of truth to it.

I am one of those guys that works out for looks. Doesn't mean I'm not strong, also. But I get too obsessed with my dimensions, with crafting the "perfect" body. I analyze my muscles and my fat levels in great depth, and tend to feel deflated when I feel that I am falling "behind schedule" (according to where I wanna be). Yes, thinking about it, this does strike me as womanly.

Having said that, it is pretty undeniable that woman are attracted to sexy male bodies. Maybe not all women are, and maybe not all of those that are require a guy with a sexy body, but I it's hard to deny that a sexy body is a potent attractor.

For me, I think it's important that I keep doing what I'm doing, but stop obsessing over it -- as though if I finally get the exact kind of body I want all my problems will somehow be magically solved. That's BS, I have to admit. I'll keep working out, and keep working to achieve my body goals, but my GREATER concern are gonna be the other manly qualities listed in this post.

(I have similar views on clothes. It's undeniable that some stuff just makes you look hotter and cooler than other gear. But it's a mistake to obsess over it... like a woman.)

The stuff on doing the right thing, living with honor and integrity I agree very much with. Also the stuff about saying less. There's no doubt talking less but acting more is manly stuff. Sitting around chattering and gossiping is for women. (I mean, this stuff isn't absolute. You can still pick up and do okay without it. But we're talking about qualities associated with a MAN'S man, the epitome of manhood.)

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work out for the looks..for my own looks. I want to look good for myself..so I can look in the mirror, be vain and say "Damn, I love it!" But I also want to be big, to prevent other guys from trying to fvck with me..so I don't try to get 6 packs. I try to get 19 inch arms.

In any case, the post isn't bad. Man should rely on their looks a lot less than they already do - and that is all women's fault for asking stupid demands and our fault for buying in.

Oh, is it cool to be tan?
or to wear a polo
or to shave my chest
or to whiten teeth
or to highlight hair
or to get colored contacts

ALL OF THESE THINGS MEN I KNOW HAVE DONE/DO.

women NEED to look good to get a mate. we NEED to know that we don't necessarily have to.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl puts it best:

A few days of scruff when you haven't shaved for awhile? hot

An actual full beard that doesn't protrude six inches away from your face? depends on the guy, but can be hot

The manicured mustache/goatee with the connecting pieces? vomit-inducing

danielzxc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but oxide, you have to be blind not to notice that those things get attention. Who cares what that one chick who "put it best" thinks? Open your fkkin eyes. Go to a club. Guys with that look, with highlighted hair, with latest fashion, with colored contacts pick up chicks by the bucket load. Girls -- at least some, but prob the majority -- LIKE IT.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having said that, it is pretty undeniable that woman are attracted to sexy male bodies. Maybe not all women are, and maybe not all of those that are require a guy with a sexy body, but I it's hard to deny that a sexy body is a potent attractor.
True, looks matter a little bit. If you become vain, however, you are adopting a womanly characteristic. You then run the risk of diminishing your overall manliness in the pursuit of a slightly better-looking body -- Overall, doing so can lower your attractiveness (theoretically).

For me, I think it's important that I keep doing what I'm doing, but stop obsessing over it
Sounds good

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple from Theodore Roosevelt and Arnold. Threw in a good one from some woman too.

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering." Theodore Roosevelt

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” Theodore Roosevelt

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” Theodore Roosevelt

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” Mary Radmacher

“The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.”
Arnold Schwarzenegger

“For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.”
Arnold Schwarzenegger

I saw a woman wearing a sweatshirt with Guess on it. I said, Thyroid problem?
Arnold Schwarzenegger

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vypros said:
Do you just make stuff up as you go along or is there a method to the madness?

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Do you just make stuff up as you go along or is there a method to the madness?
For those who criticized this point, I ask you to go out (not to the mall where all your little teeny boppers are running around) but rather to the local market or store or Walmart and just sit outside and observe the guys who are with women.

Take note of how hot the particular woman is, and then pay attention to what the guy looks like.

Some of the hottest women I've ever seen have been with some of the most disgusting looking men I've ever seen.