Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The hobbit desolation of smaug

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For my lord of the rings fanatics, what do you guys think of the hobbit series. I read the all the books when I was younger, but I'm starting to like the hobbit series more then the lord of the rings series.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just seen the new one. I really like the two movies so far. I can not go as far as you though and say I like it better than the 3 LOTR movies.

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing Smaug come to life was worth waiting for, that dragon is badass. And his bass voice made the theater rumble.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
smaug was just like I pictured him in the book, I guess I'm liking the hobbit more then the lotr films because this one just have one main focus, lord of the rings had too much going on at once.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 2nd hobbit movie was geared to be 3d. 2d just won't cut it. The barrel ride was epic and so was the dragon. Gandolphs costume in the beginning made him look like he had too much makeup on though.

Overall. Very entertaining. Worth the see in the theatre in 3D

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Epimanes said:
The 2nd hobbit movie was geared to be 3d. 2d just won't cut it. The barrel ride was epic and so was the dragon. Gandolphs costume in the beginning made him look like he had too much makeup on though.

Overall. Very entertaining. Worth the see in the theatre in 3D
This story is probably one of the better ones told throughout history. Post bible of course.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to know why everyone likes these movies, when I read the books, I had a completely different universe imagined... I kinda wish george lucas had done the LOTR movies instead. I felt that Willow and Krull (different director) were closer to the worlds I imagined and more fast paced. Peter Jackson's movies seem to crawl along at a snail's pace. The only redeeming quality is Smeagle... otherwise I find the series almost completely unwatchable. This is supposed to be high fantasy, not a trip to the library.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LiveFreeX said:
I'd like to know why everyone likes these movies, when I read the books, I had a completely different universe imagined... I kinda wish george lucas had done the LOTR movies instead. I felt that Willow and Krull (different director) were closer to the worlds I imagined and more fast paced. Peter Jackson's movies seem to crawl along at a snail's pace. The only redeeming quality is Smeagle... otherwise I find the series almost completely unwatchable. This is supposed to be high fantasy, not a trip to the library.
Do you like the Hunger Games series?