Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Hagakure

Jules

Reaction score
Sorry if you've already seen this...

I've read a lot of stuff about how books on old Japanese and Chinese ways of life (The Art of War being the one that crops up a lot) can help you sort out many of todays problems - like being prepared and a anticipating the oppositions next move etc. etc. and then a lot of Zen Buddhism stuff sounds pretty good - but today I came across a pretty good one for us Don Juans - "The Hagakure" (The way of the Samurai).

The first quote I've put in here is spot on and I think makes one of the Don Juan golden rules -

"In all dealings with people, it is essential to have a fresh approach. One should constantly give the impression that he is doing something exceptional. It is said that this is possible with but a little understanding."

The others can be interpreted in a Don Juan sense for example:

"A man exists for a generation, but his name lasts to the end of time"

If you think you about this, you go out, sleep with, chat up, date a girl, unless you marry her it comes to an end and you both move on - however if you're in your home town she will tell other girl about you - other girls you might meet if you catch my drift!

Another essential one is from Uesugi Kenshin (a famous daimyo, or feudal lord) said, "I never knew about winning from beginning to end, but only about not being behind in a situation."

and lastly remember "Having only wisdom and talent is the lowest tier of usefulness"

Well I hope this can be of use to some of you guys - this is my first post - so let me know what you think - all feedback's good feedback!

Tareef

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Hagakure is krazy Im still readin it. Good post I never thought of those quotes in that way.

Nohitme Highmnu

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Hagakure is definately CRAZY. Man, those guys are crazy beyond crazy.

I mean, "Even if it seems certain that you are going to lose, retaliate." "If you are cut down in battle, make your last effort to die facing the enemy army."
The Samourai view Yawning, and SNEEZING as signs of foolishness, and the warrior should make the necessary effort to hide these.

The book also mentions that a Samourai will wake up at 4 in the morning, wash himself, style his hair, and all other preparations, eat at sunrise, and go to sleep at sunset.

I find the smourai way would be a VERY honorable way of life, but it is too intense to live by. Just MO.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you know: you weren't thinking about "Smorgasbordary" until just then?

Originally posted by Nohitme Highmnu
The book also mentions that a Samourai will wake up at 4 in the morning, wash himself, style his hair, and all other preparations, eat at sunrise, and go to sleep at sunset.

I find the smourai way would be a VERY honorable way of life, but it is too intense to live by. Just MO.
I've been doing that for just over a year now--in the last week I've thrown ice-cold showers into the mix.

It's amazingly rewarding.

The Hagakure makes for DAMN interesting reading, too. If you're poor/cheap, you can view it in what I believe to be its entirity, here:

http://www.exhibita.com/Misc/hagakure/

(If someone finds a more complete or a better-written version, I'm all ears!)